IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2201 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3727 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3729 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0326 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Car door tilted alignment fix. Posted by cpr9999 (1 year ago)

Post #1336 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bowling Alley release post binding alternative fix. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #1393 TECH:FAQ. Link to Official Service FAQ for TBL. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1397 TECH:ELECTRICAL. MPF board issue some machines had - solution. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1423 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Jesus ramp rejected shots fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1540 TECH:SOUND. Subwoofer suddenly stops working - fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1580 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Rug toy switch sensitivity adjustment FAQ Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

I'm unfortunately experiencing a big problem with my TBL - I have yet to receive it.

Good idea for this thread though - thanks! A Pinwiki page would be great too. I hope that the existing TBLs continue to play well overall for many many years to come and I also hope yet to be able to participate in this thread regarding my game someday.

2 years later
#350 3 years ago

Can someone please repost the specific instructions to resolve this error (pictured below) or direct me to a specific post that actually contains them? I seem to be going in circles between the Owner's Club and Maintenance threads using the search feature and the thread (only) references I've found. Thanks in advance!

TBL Error Message (resized).pngTBL Error Message (resized).png

#351 3 years ago

Here's the error message fix instructions link (for others' info) just posted by JimB response in Owner's thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/2#post-5209604

Thanks Dude!

1 month later
#403 3 years ago
Quoted from edmorex:

Good point. Yes I am at ~6.5 to 6.6 if my iPhone's sensors is to be believed. I will try raising it closer to 7.

I've had this issue as well and my playfield slope is 6.5 degrees. My fix was to (after removing the bowling alley roof temporarily) physically bend the left wall out slightly to increase the size of the upper playfield entrance opening.

Be aware that raising the slope of your playfield will also increase the steepness of your ramps. And yes - you can then increase the power of your flippers to shoot the ramps, but this may lead to more airballs and so on.

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You can find the 'application notes' I made from now on at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0
When there are new versions I will put them in this dropbox folder

Damn Rens!

How do you say prolific in Dutch?

As always ... thanks Dude!!!

4 weeks later
#456 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

...Y es this is what I'm speaking to. If you choose the bowling skill shot, hit the loop then enter bowling, or if you spell bowling and enter you're guaranteed to hear "let's go bowling, let's go bowling" in quick succession. ... I can't be the only one who finds this too repetitive.

I honestly haven't noticed this double callout. I'll keep my ear tuned for it now though.

1 month later
#637 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

... I realized one of the bowling pins has snapped off. I had to take the entire assembly off in order to retrieve it. ... Anyone else face this issue after owning the machine for a month? ...

I recently had two bowling pins (#'s 2 and 4 positions) snap off within a couple weeks of each other after approx 6 months of play. I've purchased replacements and extra pins from DP, but they are taking forever to arrive so I decided to try gluing the pins back together as another TBL owner told me he had done this.

I've added reinforcement glue around the neck of the two glued pins as well as the three other pins In the two affected rows to hopefully strengthen them somewhat against further breakage. I'm reinstalling them today; we'll see how well they hold up.

#641 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Getting parts in is a nightmare nowadays
Sorry for all the delay. DP has taken steps to stock up much higher and has acquired funds for this. But it takes time .
Man, they have now the personal, space and funds to really ramp up and now the supply chain fails . Man, it’s like a gift which never stops giving but than in the wrong way.

No problem Rens. And ... the new pins actually just arrived in the mail minutes ago! VERY fortunate timing as I was just about to install the glued pins. My thanks to you and DP!

So I won't be installing the glued pins (yet anyway), but I'm going to put the reinforced pins in the positions where the other ones broke and see if they hold up better.

5 months later
#825 2 years ago

Anyone else have an issue with the game crashing when Nilhist Showdown mode is supposed to start?

Never had this occur until several times recently and still occuring after upgrade to V0.57.

#832 2 years ago

Thank you all for the info! I will check/adjust my target switches.

#851 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

There is a newer, hopefully less fragile version of the pins available from DP, but I'm going to try the epoxy repair/reinforcement too to see how it holds up.

Seems to work well as my (E6000) glue repaired/reinforced pins have held up over the 5 months since I made the fix and mentioned them in response to timlah79 's pin breakage post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/13#post-6309034

#852 2 years ago

dup

1 week later
#878 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Hi received my game today. Plays good minus a few tweaks. One big bug though - when the ball is shot in the mystery scoop 9 out of 10 times it doesn’t register. After 20 seconds or so the machine looks for the lost ball and shoots it back out but without activating mystery mode. Any help appreciated.

Sounds like you just need to adjust the switch for the scoop so it is triggered consistently by the ball.

#890 2 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Any tips for installing side blades on TBL? The clearance seems super tight on the sides, and in all honesty, I've never installed side blades on a normal stern/BW. Any tips/tricks/etc. would be appreciated!

I install art or mirror blades in all my modern games. TBL is very tight.

Recommend using the wet method for artblade installation:

And get a set of these protectors:

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

1 month later
#968 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I am getting a lot of bounce backs on the Walter ramp. Right where the ramp meets the bowling alley. The transition seems smooth, but getting quite a few balls coming back down the ramp. Is this a known issue?

Not sure if this is your issue, but I used to get ball rejections back down the ramp due to a restrictive corner turn from the ramp out to the upper playfield. Removing the bowling alley roof to access and bend the ball passage walls out and open up the turn area as much as I could, solved this issue for the most part.

1 month later
#1047 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Haha! I don’t remember them being that off when i unboxed it. Must be gradually moving a bit. I can craddle and nail the Walter ramp over and over with ease. ...

Needs tightening - easy fix as previously noted.

FWIW: there may be a default manufacturer's setting, (which may vary depending on the particular game) but there is no "right" or "wrong" flipper position. Totally up to owner per their personal gameplay preference.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread?tu=Tuna_Delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.