1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Car door tilted alignment fix. Posted by cpr9999 (1 year ago)

Post #1336 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bowling Alley release post binding alternative fix. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #1393 TECH:FAQ. Link to Official Service FAQ for TBL. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1397 TECH:ELECTRICAL. MPF board issue some machines had - solution. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1423 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Jesus ramp rejected shots fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1540 TECH:SOUND. Subwoofer suddenly stops working - fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1580 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Rug toy switch sensitivity adjustment FAQ Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flash71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 weeks later
#942 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

OK, thought about this and as follows.
We see several kinds of reasons for other parts:
1) the original part is no longer available. Remember the original design of TBL was 2014 thus not strange that for instance the display has nowadays HDMI and not VGA. A SMALL bonus for HDMI that the interference sensitivity you MAY have with VGA is less. But that was NOT the reason for change in display. So, for sure no warranty here but DP is willing to give a discount (depends on which part etc.) for these kind of parts. LCD display costs list price EUR 695 excl shipping and, for me at least, even after a discount it will never be worth it just to have HDMI and not VGA. Its custom made display which explains the high price. PC not needed as current PC has already HDMI. My TBL has for instance still VGA which works fine.
2) changes to make it easier or faster in production. So nothing to gain or loose here. No warranty reason either
3) as with all products sometimes things are found which can improve (or bulletproof as some might say) the TBL. On this topic DP is willing to give the biggest discount. We are not talking of warranty as nothing is broken, just an improved version. If your TBL works fine no reason to change it. Dont fix which aint broken !
4) sometimes also a different vendor is selected because of delivery time or pricing issues. So, same functionality but might look (a little) different. No warranty issue either as nothing is broken
Because of reason 1 a new PC will be introduced soon, new Linux version (backwards compatible) is also on the test bench.
Ofcourse, broken parts during warranty will be free of charge, its warranty after all. But keyword for warranty is: Broken.
Think this is not different (let alone better) with other manufacturers. Think we/I are quite more responsive as many others. But, we are for sure not perfect
Hope this clarifies DP's position in this. If not, just let me know.

Well said my man. Just paid my balance and the anticipation is killing me. CT working out some shipping issues (air/boat) then it’s game on!! Thankfully there’s one on-site by me so I’ve been able to get my fix over the last year. I highly recommend people upgrade to the lighted apron. It’s a bit pricey ($600) but what a difference it makes.

1 month later
#990 2 years ago

Just brought mine home tonight and playing like a dream so far. Latest build so fingers crossed! Rensh tell the boys that the build quality is far superior to any pin I’ve come across. Attention to detail is amazing. Even the glass seems a step above with beveled edges and is substantial compared to Stern or JJP. Well done!! Was so worth the wait!!

#995 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

At this moment DP is working with a different supplier to solve this once and for all. Different supplier and different material.
Protos have been ordered and will be tested once in.
Hopefully this will all be wrapped up in March at the latest but suppliers nowadays …

Seeing as I just got my Lebowski I would be interested in a set of the new ones for back ups. Will they be made available for purchase ?

#1004 2 years ago

Hey Rensh ! Any idea when the upgraded pins will be available? Just picked up my Lebowski last week from Cointaker so would like to have a spare set just incase. Thanks!

#1026 2 years ago
Quoted from flipper-happy:

Did you try carefully sliding a small open end wrench from the side between the playfield and the board to hold it? A long while ago my light was loose and turning and that’s how I snugged it up...
‘The annoying part is, with the boards in the way, there is not enough room to get a proper socket on the nut underneath’

Worked for me as well

1 week later
#1041 2 years ago

Quick question on my flipper placement. The right one seems a bit offset up. Is this by design ? Fairly certain this is how it was when I got it. There’s no holes for alignment like Stern or JJP. Rensh any input ?

2260AB1B-62D1-4662-8B05-4DE6F14575B7 (resized).jpeg2260AB1B-62D1-4662-8B05-4DE6F14575B7 (resized).jpeg
#1043 2 years ago

They actually both seem a bit off. I’ll have to realign them tomorrow. Thanks for the photo.

#1046 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

They are both off for sure. Was it like this after unboxing? Hope not as that would mean new glasses for Barry ……
More likely-hoped they were not tightened enough and moved during flipping I guess.
Anyway, easy fix. Align them as the picture and you are good to go again.

Haha! I don’t remember them being that off when i unboxed it. Must be gradually moving a bit. I can craddle and nail the Walter ramp over and over with ease. Lol! Thanks everyone for the input. Time to pull the glass.

#1048 2 years ago

Flippers adjusted! I’ve got another question. When I go into the test modes all the other tests function properly but the solenoid tests don’t do anything when I select them. I’m I missing something ? I tried with the coin door open and closed but can’t seem to get any solenoids to fire in test. I go to flippers, select left or right flipper and when I press the menu button down it highlights but that’s it. Am I doing something wrong ?

#1050 2 years ago

Ahhh…yep that’s it. I tried pushing it in before and using the flipper button itself but that’s obviously not what you do. Used the select button this time and bingo! Thanks man. I really should have known that. Too many J’s !

1 month later
#1118 2 years ago

So I’ve noticed sometimes when I’m in car mode and the ball gets up into the pops they are dead. At first I thought I was imagining it but it’s happened a few times. Pulled the glass off and tried to get them to actuate but nothing. It doesn’t happen every time and when the mode is over all good. Work perfect in test mode. Only seems to happen during car mode. Could this be a code thing ?

#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

The way you describe it, it does sound indeed like a software bug. One I don’t know but I don’t know everything luckily.
Pls report it at https://dutchpinball.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/dashboard

You bet ! Thanks for the response.

2 months later
#1230 1 year ago

It’s so odd that some people have a bunch of issues and others have none. Mine out of the box had the scoop switch that needed a little tweaking and the upper playfield rollover was a bit tight and needed adjustment. Other then that it’s played flawlessly. To anyone that’s having issues keep in mind it’s a machine that’s been on a long journey to get to you. Everything is fixable. Have patience ! Dutch’s customer service is second to none. They will get you up and running no matter the issue. !!

2 weeks later
#1275 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This PS is only used for the coils, so a TBL not booting will not be caused by this PSU being faulty. Its all about the PSU in the middle of the backbox.
Stern copied this PS from Dutch by the way, Dutch were first to use them
So, this green led only tells me you are getting 115VAC supplied to the TBL.
Ad thanks for the comment in regard to super responsive, its appreciated . Pls do note my local time is Sunday 22:40 when typing this so wont be long for me to go to bed. It also depends a little on how my fellow Dutchman TIm is doing at Wimbledon against Djokovic

1 set apiece

4 months later
#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Link to the TBL manual please?

Two posts up

2 weeks later
#1609 1 year ago

delt31 Hit up Rensh with that divertor issue here. He’ll get you straightened out.

1 month later
#1711 1 year ago

Rensh Any idea what this could be ? Everything seems to be working fine. Tested everything I could. I thought the scoop was just that roller over switch.

7957C80B-44A6-4F10-AF41-BAA2BFCFF7ED (resized).jpeg7957C80B-44A6-4F10-AF41-BAA2BFCFF7ED (resized).jpeg
#1712 1 year ago

Had league night last night so every aspect of the game was used.

#1714 1 year ago

Thanks! Thought it was weird.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flash71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread?tu=Flash71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.