1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Car door tilted alignment fix. Posted by cpr9999 (1 year ago)

Post #1336 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bowling Alley release post binding alternative fix. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #1393 TECH:FAQ. Link to Official Service FAQ for TBL. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1397 TECH:ELECTRICAL. MPF board issue some machines had - solution. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1423 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Jesus ramp rejected shots fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1540 TECH:SOUND. Subwoofer suddenly stops working - fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1580 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Rug toy switch sensitivity adjustment FAQ Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from r6emperor:

I have a warning for everyone:
Make sure your dehumidifier is working!!!
I went to the garage we rent to play some pinball, and when I walked in, the dehumidifier was off. (Haven't been there for about two weeks) Ran back to the back room where TBL lives, and found this moldy, rusty mess. I want to cry...
The other games there have some light mold on the cabinets, but the mechanisms seems to be in much better shape than Lebowski. I guess the plating isn't as good as it used to be.
Currently disassembling the cabinet for mold removal / sealing the bottom MDF. The graphics / black portions of the cabinet don't have anything on them. Around the outside of the head had some light mold on the edges of the wood where it is painted.
After the mold is taken care of, I have to figure out what I'm going to do with all the mechanisms. Looks like a game that sat next to the ocean for 20 years. I'm absolutely heartbroken
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man what a bummer

7 months later
#69 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Recently people have asked about what preservation steps I've taken. So far:
- Bought a spare PC a year ago.. identical to the existing one. They were $75 at the time on newegg, but looks like it's too old now/not stocked there. Model: ASRock Q1900-ITX Intel Celeron J1900 Motherboard/CPU/VGA Combo. Also got 4GB of ram (2x2GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM ).
There looks like there is a new model for $65 that might be just the next revision of this board; might be close enough that the image will work.. but no guarantee
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157497
- Cloned hard drive. Used clonezilla for that. the gist is you add a second hard drive to the game PC, boot from a clonezilla usb drive, and then tell it to copy the original to the other one.
What I haven't done is actually test the image or the PC in place.. as I am using that PC for my homebrew project. So, I may bump that up on priority list.

I was told the only difference was the new board had a printer port that wouldn’t be used.

https://www.amazon.com/ASRock-Motherboard-Mini-DDR3-Q1900B-ITX/dp/B00J2CCCJE

3 years later
#1675 1 year ago

I wanted to take my lit apron off to install a cliffy protector on the shooter lane but it is very tighti did not was to slide off. I don’t want to risk damaging anything, is there a trick to getting it off without scuffing the playfield as it slides free from the brackets on the lower front of the apron on the playfield side?

3 months later
#1919 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Cue sux million dollar man intro….[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How many plays do you have on It and what was the build date of the game? I wonder if the subways have been reinforced on the newer games (paging Rens). I know they put some type of padding in the subways now not sure if that helps anything.

#1924 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I thought so too, but turns out the clearance with the rug was too tight and my sistered piece was too big
The rug mech moves by here with just millimeters to spare. I’m convinced the reason it broke is because the rug mech hits it as it’s getting slammed with balls. There is just so little clearance as the rug shuttles by[quoted image]

Dang it! I wonder how much a whole new subway costs? I know it’s not ideal because the game will be out of service while you wait for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread?tu=Concretehardt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.