1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 47.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

When I first setup my machine to test it out ( pre-leveling ) I had this happen. After getting the machine perfectly level it hasn't happened again. I'd start there if you haven't already done it.

Thanks, for the idea. I used my phone app at setup. Sometimes not the best. I'll bust out the digital level.

#402 3 years ago

Holy cow, playing like a dream at 6.8 and perfectly level. I was at 6.4 before.

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

My first thought as well is what is the slope of your playfield? Mine is at 6.8 and I have NEVER had that issue. Could also do some switch adjustments to pull the wire form of the rollover further down so the ball doesn’t have so much to overcome as it travels.

Holy cow, playing like a dream at 6.8 and perfectly level. I was at 6.4 before. Huge thanks.

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from edmorex:

Good point. Yes I am at ~6.5 to 6.6 if my iPhone's sensors is to be believed. I will try raising it closer to 7.

I've had this issue as well and my playfield slope is 6.5 degrees. My fix was to (after removing the bowling alley roof temporarily) physically bend the left wall out slightly to increase the size of the upper playfield entrance opening.

Be aware that raising the slope of your playfield will also increase the steepness of your ramps. And yes - you can then increase the power of your flippers to shoot the ramps, but this may lead to more airballs and so on.

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

And rel 0.54 has a quicker ball search implemented. And is expected to be released soon.
[quoted image]

Now that we got my tilt working, perhaps we can get a shorter tilt timeout as well? You can practically go grab tea and biscuits with the current timeout.

Quoted from edmorex:

Good point. Yes I am at ~6.5 to 6.6 if my iPhone's sensors is to be believed. I will try raising it closer to 7.

I have experienced this and I'm at 6.5 as well. Please let us know if it helps. Tuna makes a good point on the ramps, so maybe I'll try bending it like Beckham too.

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I have experienced this and I'm at 6.5 as well. Please let us know if it helps. Tuna makes a good point on the ramps, so maybe I'll try bending it like Beckham too.

It did help but not a 100% fix. I ended up taking the garage top and garage wall facade off so I could get better access to the switch. I bent the wire down so the arch was slightly more shallow and also loosened the right wall so I could nudge it a bit to the left and tightened it back down. That seemed to do the trick.

#406 3 years ago

Hello group I'm a new TBL owner and just love this pin. I'm having an odd issue and I was wondering if anyone has seen before.
On just about every ball during mid play the game registers a drain and kicks the next ball up or ends the game as if I drained.
Also sometimes when I do drain it fails to register. Sounds like a clear opt problem but when I set the switch test all 6 opts never fail to report properly no matter how many times I test. With the balls out I block each with a pice of paper and they never fail. If I start with the balls out and drop them in one at a time each Opto reports as it should. Does anyone think I'm missing something?
The serial# DP-01-00430 I'm told the machine is only a few months old but I don't see a date anywhere.
Thanks

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballzz:

Hello group I'm a new TBL owner and just love this pin. I'm having an odd issue and I was wondering if anyone has seen before.
On just about every ball during mid play the game registers a drain and kicks the next ball up or ends the game as if I drained.
Also sometimes when I do drain it fails to register. Sounds like a clear opt problem but when I set the switch test all 6 opts never fail to report properly no matter how many times I test. With the balls out I block each with a pice of paper and they never fail. If I start with the balls out and drop them in one at a time each Opto reports as it should. Does anyone think I'm missing something?
The serial# DP-01-00430 I'm told the machine is only a few months old but I don't see a date anywhere.
Thanks

Have a look at the attachments. Make sure all switches for the rest work properly to. I have seen strange things happening with stuck switches.

Switch test FAQ.pdfSwitch test FAQ.pdfTrough issues FAQ.pdfTrough issues FAQ.pdf
#408 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballzz:

Thanks

Check these ribbon cables too.
On new games they have been falling out causing issues. Also check other ribbon cable in lower left. Put some hot glue on connector-cable to hold in place.

43B508FB-5781-4F47-B5F1-29B01DD7603E (resized).png43B508FB-5781-4F47-B5F1-29B01DD7603E (resized).png
#409 3 years ago

New owner here. During gameplay I bashed the car and the upper flipper went dead. Still dead after powering the machine off and on. Any thoughts?

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

New owner here. During gameplay I bashed the car and the upper flipper went dead. Still dead after powering the machine off and on. Any thoughts?

Play a ball to the upper playfield and see if the upper flipperbat works again.
I had this several times during work on the double targets. Started a ball, flipperbats deadth, one ball to upper playfield and okay again.

There are 2 carmodes to bash the car. One is hit by hit by hit ... the other you can make 1 hit, the finger is death and you have to enter the miniplayfield again for a second hit ... and so on.

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Play a ball to the upper playfield and see if the upper flipperbat works again.
I had this several times during work on the double targets. Started a ball, flipperbats deadth, one ball to upper playfield and okay again.
There are 2 carmodes to bash the car. One is hit by hit by hit ... the other you can make 1 hit, the finger is death and you have to enter the miniplayfield again for a second hit ... and so on.

Thanks Tom. I will try that. Is it normal that the mini playfield flipper would continue to be out after draining and cycling power?

#412 3 years ago

No ... but the flipperfingers are not always active ! Sometimes it needs to shoot to the upper playfield to "enable" the upper flipperbat.
Hope this is what you meanded.

Otherwise go to test menü, pull out the switch in thecabinett and go to coil test.

#413 3 years ago

Far out man...fucking far out! No malfunction, I was just unfamiliar with the rules. You got to love it when you think your new expensive toy is broken and it turns out you aren't an asshole, just wrong. Thanks for the help Tom! I would have lost a lot of sleep last night if it wasnt for your timely assistance.

#414 3 years ago

Thanks again to Rensh for the continued work on these manuals. Super-valuable.....

#415 3 years ago

Next write up I guess will be the MPF

Already made the pictures and have in mind what I wanna type. So hopefully soon ready.

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Next write up I guess will be the MPF
Already made the pictures and have in mind what I wanna type. So hopefully soon ready.

On removal on the MPF I think there is a step missing on removing the flipper and reinstalling?

Please check thx.

Also will DP allow you to upload these to their website - so everyone can get off there?

#417 3 years ago

Rensh,
I did a pretty complete switch test and the only thing I found was an intermittent failure with the trough jam opto. Tap the board and and the jam lights even with no balls in. I guess this sounds reasonable considering it will fire 2 ball and see a drain when there was none. Should I email Dutch for a replacement?
Thanks for the help.
cpr999,
That was loose last time when the shooter lane switch was not making.
Thanks

#418 3 years ago

Thanks for the remark. Checked and you are correct, will fix this.

Yes, sooner or later I expect they will appear on the DP website. Till now I will find a spot on my Dropbox or whatever where you can always see the last version. For now its work in progress.

As promised MPF was up next. Made a framework which you will see here. Work in progress but at least gives you already an idea.

MPF Operations FAQ.pdfMPF Operations FAQ.pdf
#419 3 years ago

Can someone please tell me where the back glass plugs into? Is it one of these two plugs?

20210317_195256 (resized).jpg20210317_195256 (resized).jpg
#420 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Can someone please tell me where the back glass plugs into? Is it one of these two plugs?
[quoted image]

Yes - the connector that has no plugs in it.

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yes - the connector that has no plugs in it.

Thank you! It says CPU on it and I have a 4 plug coming off of the display and this one is 8

1616027456764924753383094069492 (resized).jpg1616027456764924753383094069492 (resized).jpg
#422 3 years ago
16160274871456915326087866663672 (resized).jpg16160274871456915326087866663672 (resized).jpg
#423 3 years ago

I was thinking it was this one but it does not fit

16160275464124273809235539188414 (resized).jpg16160275464124273809235539188414 (resized).jpg
#424 3 years ago

This one is for the translite. You see it leaves two open as spare.

F4346811-7435-4C77-86D2-A6E15C9592C9 (resized).jpegF4346811-7435-4C77-86D2-A6E15C9592C9 (resized).jpeg
#425 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This one is for the translite. You see it leaves two open as spare.
[quoted image]

Thank you! Exactly what I needed

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#426 3 years ago

You can find the 'application notes' I made from now on at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0

When there are new versions I will put them in this dropbox folder

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You can find the 'application notes' I made from now on at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0
When there are new versions I will put them in this dropbox folder

Damn Rens!

How do you say prolific in Dutch?

As always ... thanks Dude!!!

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Damn Rens!
How do you say prolific in Dutch?

As always ... thanks Dude!!!

Rens deserves a TWIPY.

#429 3 years ago

When I start a game the Dude’s car twitches a few times then stops. Also when a ball drains. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneeno:

When I start a game the Dude’s car twitches a few times then stops. Also when a ball drains. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Just had same issue. It wasn't hitting the switch behind it that tells it that it's closed. 2 screws on the top of the garage gives you easy access.

#431 3 years ago

Got another bowling ally not registering the ball. This issue just bricks the game.

Had Let's go Bowling, Start Multiball, and Mark It Zero stacked when I entered the saucer.

It started Let's go bolwing, I selected the dude, missed first shot. Hit second pin, animation shows hit, the game never leaves the mode. It sits there forever. I did figure out that tilt will reset the game. Then after it tilts and a long time, ball search does recover the ball.

There needs to be a way to recover from this. Even if its a switch not registering 100% of the time, it can't be solely reliant on that with no way to recover. I don't have issues 95% of the time, but these 5% times kill the game.

#432 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Got another bowling ally not registering the ball. This issue just bricks the game.
Had Let's go Bowling, Start Multiball, and Mark It Zero stacked when I entered the saucer.
It started Let's go bolwing, I selected the dude, missed first shot. Hit second pin, animation shows hit, the game never leaves the mode. It sits there forever. I did figure out that tilt will reset the game. Then after it tilts and a long time, ball search does recover the ball.
There needs to be a way to recover from this. Even if its a switch not registering 100% of the time, it can't be solely reliant on that with no way to recover. I don't have issues 95% of the time, but these 5% times kill the game.

Sounds like the switch which should register the ball has been launched needs some readjusting. It’s the one at the bottom in front of the launch coil. Have a look at my Dropbox linked earlier for my application notes.

And otherwise sent a mail with your issue to [email protected] incl your TBL serial number and we take it from there.

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Only long term stand up target I ever found that works in High hit areas is the reinforced ones PBR and Marco sell. Used in Twilight Zone and a few others where the switch takes a pounding. With the back arm Formed it will never bend back.
[quoted image]

Will these work on the 2 for the ramp that goes up to the ball lock?

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-oblong-stand-up-targets.html

#434 3 years ago

They should do the job.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Will these work on the 2 for the ramp that goes up to the ball lock?
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-oblong-stand-up-targets.html

You may want to consider the "reinforced" oblong targets with the curved back. Have had excellent results.

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

You may want to consider the "reinforced" oblong targets with the curved back. Have had excellent results.

Do you have a link for these?

#437 3 years ago

Getting this error message. Any idea how to fix? Will a code update help? (if there is one newer).

20210320_111704 (resized).jpg20210320_111704 (resized).jpg20210320_112544 (resized).jpg20210320_112544 (resized).jpg
#438 3 years ago

That’s a new one for me.

But hook up an usb keyboard try as a password DP or dp. Is TBL still working for the rest?

#439 3 years ago
B2D2DB78-70D9-4F41-A61B-DC9393AF47DB (resized).pngB2D2DB78-70D9-4F41-A61B-DC9393AF47DB (resized).png
#440 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

That’s a new one for me.
But hook up an usb keyboard try as a password DP or dp. Is TBL still working for the rest?

Everything else seems to be working. Got jammed on the password part. We'll be back in front of it in a few hours

#441 3 years ago

I'm trying to figure out why balls are getting stuck in the subway from the bowling alley and The Dude ramp. Pitch is at 6.5. It wasn't a problem when I first got the game. I used to be able to shake the game for the ball to register with the kicker, but that does not work anymore.

Forgive my ignorance, but why is this switch so short and what does it do? Based on orientation, I am not sure how it can be triggered. Should I adjust it?

tbl (resized).jpgtbl (resized).jpg
#442 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

That’s a new one for me.

I put in the password (dp) and it went away. Thanks!

#443 3 years ago

Looks like the BACK switch which stops the rug in the back position. Not really much to adjust and certainly has nothing to do with the ball getting stuck in the subway.

Do you think the ball is with the scoop and the switch is not sensing it and not firing the coil to get the ball up (easy to check if it happens, just await the ball search of manually activate the coil via the menu) or is there an obstacle in the subway preventing the ball to get to the scoop?

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I put in the password (dp) and it went away. Thanks!

Great to see it worked, just wonder why tje message came.

Upgrading to the newest Linux version is work in progress but Will take time unfortunately. Hopefully that will end a message like this.

2 weeks later
#445 3 years ago

For diagnosis a new function is implemented, a switch test. I made a small tutorial on explaining the new test report function. I can imagine this function raises some questions hence the video.

See

Hope this explains enough. If not, let me know.

#446 3 years ago

Hello. New owner here. My machine is about a year out of the box and I'm having a couple of small issues. Nothing big but I thought I would get some opinions.
A majority of the time the ball does not pop out of the scoop unless I give the cabinet a little shake, very slight. Then it pops right out. If I wait for a ball search it also pops out right away. Also once during multi ball I managed to drop two ball in the scoop and one down the upper playfield hole and all three got stuck in the scoop and would not eject even with adamant shaking of the cab. I waited for the ball search and it never came on. So i powered the game on and off, then all three ball popped out when I tried to start a game.
Thx for any help or thoughts. I think I will save issue #2 for later.

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Hello. New owner here. My machine is about a year out of the box and I'm having a couple of small issues. Nothing big but I thought I would get some opinions.
A majority of the time the ball does not pop out of the scoop unless I give the cabinet a little shake, very slight. Then it pops right out. If I wait for a ball search it also pops out right away. Also once during multi ball I managed to drop two ball in the scoop and one down the upper playfield hole and all three got stuck in the scoop and would not eject even with adamant shaking of the cab. I waited for the ball search and it never came on. So i powered the game on and off, then all three ball popped out when I tried to start a game.
Thx for any help or thoughts. I think I will save issue #2 for later.

Sounds like you just need to properly adjust the kick out switch which is fairly common with any game.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hope this explains enough. If not, let me know.

The new FW works great. I am glad the Showdown+Car-mode crash is fixed.

Quoted from Llabnip1972:

scoop unless I give the cabinet a little shake, very slight. Then it pops right out.

If you are not hearing the coil fire at all then it is probably just the switch not triggering. Next time it happens before you shake the machine open up the test menu and see if it shows it triggered. If the test menu then shows the switch activate when you shake the table you will have the answer.

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from edmorex:

The new FW works great. I am glad the Showdown+Car-mode crash is fixed.

If you are not hearing the coil fire at all then it is probably just the switch not triggering. Next time it happens before you shake the machine open up the test menu and see if it shows it triggered. If the test menu then shows the switch activate when you shake the table you will have the answer.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Sounds like you just need to properly adjust the kick out switch which is fairly common with any game.

Thank you thank you

#450 3 years ago

Sometimes when I'm bowling after I roll the first ball, the ball immediately shoot out of the scoop and with the flippers dead the ball drains. All the while the bowling launcher continues to go left to right but empty.
Thx for your thoughts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.