1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 47.
#351 3 years ago

Here's the error message fix instructions link (for others' info) just posted by JimB response in Owner's thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/2#post-5209604

Thanks Dude!

1 week later
#352 3 years ago

How is the car supposed to work? I realize that's a silly question but I've noticed that sometimes the car comes out but never goes back in which blocks the ramp preventing me from starting "lets go bowling" for instance. I guess a better question is how can I validate my car is functioning correctly? It opens and closes smoothly, when I do the test in the settings it opens and closes exactly how you'd expect it to. I had to adjust the handicap targets a bit as one was way too sensitive but other than that... Sometimes I just feel like the car flops open for no reason and then won't close, but that could be me just misunderstanding how it's supposed to work.

Thanks,
Jeff

#353 3 years ago

Strange ... I had this one or two times in amode that the car wont go back. But on everygame is very strange !!
Checked the switches ? Maybe the game does not know that the car is still out but you write in test is everything okay.

#354 3 years ago

I think it only opens when

1) in of the three carmodes from the upper playfield is active
2) rugmode where the car is based on the movie

Does it open fully or just partial? There are no modes where it partial opens.

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

How is the car supposed to work? I realize that's a silly question but I've noticed that sometimes the car comes out but never goes back in which blocks the ramp preventing me from starting "lets go bowling" for instance. I guess a better question is how can I validate my car is functioning correctly? It opens and closes smoothly, when I do the test in the settings it opens and closes exactly how you'd expect it to. I had to adjust the handicap targets a bit as one was way too sensitive but other than that... Sometimes I just feel like the car flops open for no reason and then won't close, but that could be me just misunderstanding how it's supposed to work.
Thanks,
Jeff

I've had this same issue and attributed it to either a SW bug or my red handicap switches cannot be adjusted properly. I've tried, I can't find a balance. My red switches are too light/thin and bounce so trying to find an optimal gap hasn't worked for me. Barry has been planning to send me improved switches since Sept... still waiting....

#356 3 years ago

Sorry to read this. I will check with Barry.

You do realize if you wanna replace them you have to remove the MPF?

I do wonder however if new targets will solve this. The new targets have a stronger back so they don’t bent easily when hit strongly. The switchleafes are the same as far as I know.

#357 3 years ago

For your info.

As most of you know I have strong ties with DP. Visited DP today and discussed with Barry possibility to help further from home-office (>1 hr cardrive from DP factory). This resulted in me handling first-line support. Eg mails sent to [email protected] will be handled first by me. If needed ofcourse the team at the factory will assist. I will continu to monitor the usual DP threads as I did befor so pls feel free to post also here your issues.

This should free Barry's hands more to speed up production (since december 2020 in total 4 new persons have been hired for production!!) and hopefully give you guys even better support.

I am learning so please be patient with me

This is not my day job, just trying to lent a helping hand to all of you dudes out there.

Regards, Rens

1 week later
#358 3 years ago

Am I the only one who's stand up targets on either side of the Dude ramp are getting bent all to hell? I already took them out once to straighten them back and put new/thicker foam in per another post I saw here but they are getting bent back again. I sent an email to Dutch to ask them what I should do as the stand ups on either side of the rug look to be upgraded and are much heavier duty and are holding up fine. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff

8U8YxGVgTsGEA3qYloIIWA (resized).jpg8U8YxGVgTsGEA3qYloIIWA (resized).jpg
#359 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Am I the only one who's stand up targets on either side of the Dude ramp are getting bent all to hell? I already took them out once to straighten them back and put new/thicker foam in per another post I saw here but they are getting bent back again. I sent an email to Dutch to ask them what I should do as the stand ups on either side of the rug look to be upgraded and are much heavier duty and are holding up fine. Thoughts?
Thanks,
Jeff
[quoted image]

This is one of the few issues I have had with the game. This part was supposed to be upgraded on most recent models. I did speak with Barry and he was going to send me out replacement parts (I'm sure that will never happen).

He did suggest in the interim, buying replacement targets from Pinball Life. I did and the replacements are much stronger.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

For your info.
As most of you know I have strong ties with DP. Visited DP today and discussed with Barry possibility to help further from home-office (>1 hr cardrive from DP factory). This resulted in me handling first-line support. Eg mails sent to [email protected] will be handled first by me. If needed ofcourse the team at the factory will assist. I will continu to monitor the usual DP threads as I did befor so pls feel free to post also here your issues.
This should free Barry's hands more to speed up production (since december 2020 in total 4 new persons have been hired for production!!) and hopefully give you guys even better support.
I am learning so please be patient with me
This is not my day job, just trying to lent a helping hand to all of you dudes out there.
Regards, Rens

Hi Rens. These are issues I've had with my TBL since getting it NIB in June. Thanks for any help you can provide.

- Top lane "A" rollover in M-A-U-D-E often doesn't light, or doesn't register, or both
- Rug sticker is almost completely split across at this point. It's about to come loose and I'm worried it's going to get stuck in the mechanism.
- Car almost never registers hits to handicap standups behind. I've tried a few fixes, all were very temporary
- Standups on either side of the Dude ramp often send balls into the glass

These last two are likely because of the easily bendable standup targets used in the game. I'll bend the standups forward, get maybe one good game before they're bent backward again.

Thanks.

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

This is one of the few issues I have had with the game. This part was supposed to be upgraded on most recent models. I did speak with Barry and he was going to send me out replacement parts (I'm sure that will never happen).
He did suggest in the interim, buying replacement targets from Pinball Life. I did and the replacements are much stronger.

Which replacements did you order by chance from Pinball Life?

Thanks,
Jeff

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Hi Rens. These are issues I've had with my TBL since getting it NIB in June. Thanks for any help you can provide.
- Top lane "A" rollover in M-A-U-D-E often doesn't light, or doesn't register, or both
- Rug sticker is almost completely split across at this point. It's about to come loose and I'm worried it's going to get stuck in the mechanism.
- Car almost never registers hits to handicap standups behind. I've tried a few fixes, all were very temporary
- Standups on either side of the Dude ramp often send balls into the glass
These last two are likely because of the easily bendable standup targets used in the game. I'll bend the standups forward, get maybe one good game before they're bent backward again.
Thanks.

You are more than welcome to report your issues also here but can you pls sent them also to [email protected] mentioning also your TBL serial number? This makes it much easier traceable for me and followup is also easier.

Again, no problem is reporting it here also as also the answers you get but I need to channel it all through one channel otherwise I am afraid I will miss some or loose track or do double. Thanks for this.

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

Sorry to read your bad experience. There is a reason Barry has approached me for support his support

I am keeping track of all issues, helping directly where I can and have a weekly overview session with Barry. So the chance to be forgotten is less nowadays. Sent an email to support@.. to get on my todo list.

For his defense, the new targets are only there since like start of the year. They were delayed due to proto testing didn’t work out as planned.

Pls do note this is a trial me and Barry are running to see if we can work this out. I do have another day job paying for my mortgage after all.....

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

Don't hold your breath waiting for them, I have been bitching about them since this summer. Barry said he would ship me the new ones,,,well I have asked him at least three times, wrote a letter to Cointaker..still nothing.

I had a couple of these laying around https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-1-red-round-target-switch.html , took them apart to get the back piece...worked like a charm.

#365 3 years ago

Only long term stand up target I ever found that works in High hit areas is the reinforced ones PBR and Marco sell. Used in Twilight Zone and a few others where the switch takes a pounding. With the back arm Formed it will never bend back.

ttttty (resized).jpgttttty (resized).jpg
#366 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sorry to read your bad experience. There is a reason Barry has approached me for support his support
I am keeping track of all issues, helping directly where I can and have a weekly overview session with Barry. So the chance to be forgotten is less nowadays. Sent an email to support@.. to get on my todo list.
For his defense, the new targets are only there since like start of the year. They were delayed due to proto testing didn’t work out as planned.
Pls do note this is a trial me and Barry are running to see if we can work this out. I do have another day job paying for my mortgage after all.....

appreciate any and all help you provide to the community.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

With the back arm Formed it will never bend back

Tell that to my Palantir standup target on LotR
Not only is it bent, but also drilled a 2-3mm crevasse into the wood behind that standup.

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Only long term stand up target I ever found that works in High hit areas is the reinforced ones PBR and Marco sell. Used in Twilight Zone and a few others where the switch takes a pounding. With the back arm Formed it will never bend back.
[quoted image]

it looks like PinballLife now sells just the metal backplate. could make for an easy retrofit if you don't want to wait around anymore for Barry to send out replacements.

#369 3 years ago

Hate to beat a dead horse. But probably half of my solid hits to the targets by the left ramp end in crazy air balls. Hard off the glass and then all over the place. Is there some kind of attachment to fix that? Like with the Beatles ?

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Hate to beat a dead horse. But probably half of my solid hits to the targets by the left ramp end in crazy air balls. Hard off the glass and then all over the place. Is there some kind of attachment to fix that? Like with the Beatles ?

Sounds like you need the reinforced lock targets. Sent your name, serialnumber and adress to [email protected] and I can take it from there.

#371 3 years ago

All five balls are in the trough, but the game continues to search for balls. Turning the game off/on does not make a difference.

Any guidance appreciated. Thank you!

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

All five balls are in the trough, but the game continues to search for balls. Turning the game off/on does not make a difference.

I'd like to know as well as mine does this on occasion but then won't do it for 10-15 games again. However on mine turning the game off and on fixes this.

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

At any point did you replace the balls with any of those “shiny” ones. It’s possible they are magnetized and grouping in the trough.

#374 3 years ago

That's a negative ghostrider.

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I think some people had some success with taking the trough connectors off and reseating them - I think on both sides of the connector if I remember right....

#376 3 years ago

That too has not yielded results...

#377 3 years ago

Dear Dan

Does the switch test report all 5 troughs? Can you post a picture which switches are active without a game started? Which serialnumber do you have?

Also check which switches are active with all balls removed. No ball trough should be present.

#378 3 years ago

Same audit menu view, whether balls are in the trough or not. Also same photo shared in post no. 311....

Any community wisdom appreciated.

TBL (resized).jpgTBL (resized).jpg
#379 3 years ago

So regardless if you have balls in the trough it always gives this picture? With no balls no trough should be visible.

Looks like you have a broken PCB or has the cable come loose? Did you also check the connector to the FMB PCB?

TBL doesn’t use trough 6, only 5 balls.

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So regardless if you have balls in the trough it always gives this picture? With no balls no trough should be visible.
Looks like you have a broken PCB or has the cable come loose? Did you also check the connector to the FMB PCB?
TBL doesn’t use trough 6, only 5 balls.

Thanks. If you have time, would be very helpful to see a photo of what the audit menu "should" look like. Without the balls in the trough. Thank you!

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Thanks. If you have time, would be very helpful to see a photo of what the audit menu "should" look like. Without the balls in the trough. Thank you!

Give me a call anytime I can get you whatever pictures you need.

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

This is a picture with 5 balls in the trough and no game started. In no balls in the trough the trough switches will disappear.

It can be you also get a bowling Eos right message, that’s normal. Depends on the position of the bowling launcher.

A2D7DB3B-A208-4BE8-8CFE-AB3E551CF742 (resized).jpegA2D7DB3B-A208-4BE8-8CFE-AB3E551CF742 (resized).jpeg
#383 3 years ago

Can someone tell me how many Volts, Amps and Watts the TBL is using?
Thanks

1 week later
#384 3 years ago
Quoted from el_duderino:

Can someone tell me how many Volts, Amps and Watts the TBL is using?
Thanks

In attraction like 100W. Standard gameplay like 200W. Max with multiball running loud music etc 500W.

#385 3 years ago

Some documents I made which can be of interest for those with issues.

I hope to make more of these. Will pick each time a subject where and when needed. It’s also a dynamic process eg learning along the way

Bowling Alleys operations FAQ.pdfBowling Alleys operations FAQ.pdfMPF Removal and installation guide.pdfMPF Removal and installation guide.pdfTrough issues FAQ.pdfTrough issues FAQ.pdf
#386 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Some documents I made which can be of interest for those with issues.
I hope to make more of these. Will pick each time a subject where and when needed. It’s also a dynamic process eg learning along the way
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Will you be posting on DP website?

#387 3 years ago

Hi all, I'm on day two of ownership. My ball is not being kicked out of the scoop 100% of the time. I have adjusted the switch a couple of times and it still is an issue. Has anyone else had this issue I didn't see a post in the thread. Also, is there a ball search I need to enable? Right now when the ball doesn't get kicked out the game is pretty much dead. Thanks.

#388 3 years ago

Figured out the ball search, noticed when my flipper was push point started to increase even when the ball wasn't in play. Turned out to be a target issue. After adjustment it it fix the scoring issue and the ball search now works. made another switch adjustment, going to play and see what happens.

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Figured out the ball search, noticed when my flipper was push point started to increase even when the ball wasn't in play. Turned out to be a target issue. After adjustment it it fix the scoring issue and the ball search now works. made another switch adjustment, going to play and see what happens.

Which target?
Thx

#390 3 years ago

Both targets left and right of the carpet. In test mode you can see it as multiple switches lite when engaging the flippers. To fix unscrew targets from below I had a tool for adjusting switches worked like a charm.

#391 3 years ago

My game arrived multiple dents to the side rails. Looking for a new set. If anybody knows where the purchase would appreciate.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

My game arrived multiple dents to the side rails. Looking for a new set. If anybody knows where the purchase would appreciate.

https://pinballplating.com/new-parts/bally-williams-side-rails

Or pinballlife carries stainless version

#393 3 years ago

Or go copper on the machine .. fits perfect !

#394 3 years ago

Proper working of switches is indeed crucial. Have seen stuck switches cause strange issues (like a stuck trampoline switch cause a tilt not to work)

On my wishlist for rel 0.55 that upon startup the TBL reports at least a warning of expected stuck switches.

Anyway, for the moment made another support doc. Think for most of you not needed as you have more experience but not every TBL owner is a pinhead.

And rel 0.54 has a quicker ball search implemented. And is expected to be released soon.

Switch test FAQ.pdfSwitch test FAQ.pdf
#395 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Proper working of switches is indeed crucial. Have seen stuck switches cause strange issues (like a stuck trampoline switch cause a tilt not to work)
On my wishlist for rel 0.55 that upon startup the TBL reports at least a warning of expected stuck switches.
Anyway, for the moment made another support doc. Think for most of you not needed as you have more experience but not every TBL owner is a pinhead.
And rel 0.54 has a quicker ball search implemented. And is expected to be released soon.
[quoted image]

Hi Rens - will you be able to post all these on dutchpinball website?

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Hi all, I'm on day two of ownership. My ball is not being kicked out of the scoop 100% of the time. I have adjusted the switch a couple of times and it still is an issue. Has anyone else had this issue I didn't see a post in the thread. Also, is there a ball search I need to enable? Right now when the ball doesn't get kicked out the game is pretty much dead. Thanks.

When I first setup my machine to test it out ( pre-leveling ) I had this happen. After getting the machine perfectly level it hasn't happened again. I'd start there if you haven't already done it.

#397 3 years ago

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has seen this and if they have good advice on what to try next. When the ball is kicked up from the Jesus ramp to the UPF it sometimes gets stuck between the roll over wire and wall (see pic). I have it mostly fixed by bending the wire a bit more downward and slightly bending the wall inward but it still gets stuck every now and then (though the force/jiggle of quickly hitting the flipper a few times usually frees it now).

Was wondering if anyone else found a better solution. I was thinking of next trying to loosen the screws holding the wall and try moving to the left just a bit or possible seeing if a cliffy shim on the rollover helps.

IMG_0052 (resized).jpegIMG_0052 (resized).jpeg
#398 3 years ago
Quoted from edmorex:

Hi all,
Was wondering if anyone has seen this and if they have good advice on what to try next. When the ball is kicked up from the Jesus ramp to the UPF it sometimes gets stuck between the roll over wire and wall (see pic). I have it mostly fixed by bending the wire a bit more downward and slightly bending the wall inward but it still gets stuck every now and then (though the force/jiggle of quickly hitting the flipper a few times usually frees it now).
Was wondering if anyone else found a better solution. I was thinking of next trying to loosen the screws holding the wall and try moving to the left just a bit or possible seeing if a cliffy shim on the rollover helps.
[quoted image]

You would think the wire needs to down even further but ofcourse it should still be able to detect a ball rolling over it. Is the tilt like 6.5 degrees?

#399 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You would think the wire needs to down even further but ofcourse it should still be able to detect a ball rolling over it. Is the tilt like 6.5 degrees?

My first thought as well is what is the slope of your playfield? Mine is at 6.8 and I have NEVER had that issue. Could also do some switch adjustments to pull the wire form of the rollover further down so the ball doesn’t have so much to overcome as it travels.

#400 3 years ago

Good point. Yes I am at ~6.5 to 6.6 if my iPhone's sensors is to be believed. I will try raising it closer to 7.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.