1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 47.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Assuming your left/right backbox speakers are working.
If so, open backbox and look in the lower left corner for the audio board. At the bottom of the board is where the speakers plug into the board. Check them.
If all connected, lift playfield and check the connectors on the speaker are connected.
If all connectors are on:
Then check for either wired backwards OR cracked wire between big speaker and audio board.
If all above is correct: hook speaker up to another game to check.
If good, then bad audio board.

This all assumes there is no setting to turn off big speaker in code menu.

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Can you explain the logic for the location of this rubber pad? It seems to be mounted above where the ball makes contact and bounces back down the ramp so I can’t figure out how this would help, wouldnt you want it lower in line where the ball makes contact?
I’d like to do something on my game to reduce jesus ramp rejects but only want to take that upper playfield off Once if I ever attempt it!

Quoted from Rensh:

I fail to see the logic to in the blue pad. Mine tbl has zero reflects in the Jesus shot. If I would attempt something it would be bending the ‘flap’ you see on the picture a little more downwards.

I feel the flap is just too high for it to be effective even if bent more, I would think a full curved scoop or extended flap with a round pad would be the best solution, maybe its something they can look into making a revised part in the future.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

This all assumes there is no setting to turn off big speaker in code menu.

Thank for the input
I redid the connectors and switch game on and of speaker is working again but I noticed if
Put over volume 25 sound gets very unclear
Maybe speaker can’t handle higher volumes ?

#304 3 years ago

One more thing , maybe anyone noticed this :

Put about 20 games on the game from new and noticed the balls have major scratches on them
( see white scratches)

I put some new balls in now and see how long these last

F106B467-8975-4343-913F-2249A68EA11B (resized).jpegF106B467-8975-4343-913F-2249A68EA11B (resized).jpeg
#305 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Put about 20 games on the game from new and noticed the balls have major scratches on them
( see white scratches)
[quoted image]

Mine has this to. Am thinking somewhere there is a place where the balls hit the metal hard which causes this scratches. Keep us informed pls if it te occurs with the new balls.

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Sound problem
Big Speaker inside the cabinet stopped working
There is no sound test mode in the menu
So test it
I have sound settings at 25 by the way
Any ideas ?

Had the same:

Unplug the USB connector on the soundboard. Plug in again .... for me it solved the problem and the sub worked again.

With the balls:
The ball lane under the playfield is very sharp, it may bring the scratches in the pinballs.
One guy here in Germany sanded the sharp edges and corners.
My pinballs (!!) are also scratched.

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Mine has this to. Am thinking somewhere there is a place where the balls hit the metal hard which causes this scratches. Keep us informed pls if it te occurs with the new balls.

Ok , new set of balls starting to show same damage after about 20 games
Problem is these imperfections are damaging playfield and see through for bowling alley

#308 3 years ago

Visited yesterday DP and this was briefly a topic of discussion.

I plan to remove the subway and mylar it on the inside. This is biggest metal part a ball comes into contact with. The mylar should avoid the ball to metal contact.

With my by the way I take out the balls and briefly repolish them and they shine again. Eg, no deep scratches.

#309 3 years ago

So, put mylar in my subway and polished the balls.

We will see how it holds up.

5DCC9C45-F177-479B-B49D-7E1A8B04A84F (resized).jpeg5DCC9C45-F177-479B-B49D-7E1A8B04A84F (resized).jpeg
#310 3 years ago

Cool , look forward to see how it does

#311 3 years ago

Game is going to ball search when trying to start
A new game
Not possible to start a game at all

This is on the display

Any tips ?

CDB5E0AD-F9DB-40B1-B2D4-61466D426685 (resized).jpegCDB5E0AD-F9DB-40B1-B2D4-61466D426685 (resized).jpeg
#312 3 years ago

That’s strange. It’s a 5 ball game but you have and jam and 6 positions lit up at the through.

Is there a ball to much in the game? Otherwise try reseating the connectors at the through board.

#313 3 years ago

I reseated the connectors but did not do much

I was playing a normal game when it just went into ball search after loosing ball in through and that’s now where I’m stuck at

It’s 6 ball game ( 5 + 1 in bowling)
So 6 positions

#314 3 years ago

The 1 in the bowling doesn’t count and is not in the ball through. That’s the one at the switch bowling return if I am not mistaking. Not at home so can’t check but this is what my memory tells me

#315 3 years ago

My car was getting really loose so I took apart enough of the top of the upper playfield to spin the car backwards. Only one screw can be reached without taking off the entire upper playfield (or messing with that motor shaft connector everyone has suggested avoiding) I tightened the visible screw, the car is right now, time will tell if this holds up.

C19E5C20-3BDC-4701-80A3-00D57C58592A (resized).jpegC19E5C20-3BDC-4701-80A3-00D57C58592A (resized).jpegF51EE37C-D189-4ADA-AA3C-10C1841AA187 (resized).jpegF51EE37C-D189-4ADA-AA3C-10C1841AA187 (resized).jpeg
#316 3 years ago

Hello guys , just got a tbl and set it up , screen message is , cannot detect proc ,check connection -I have checked all I can see but nothing yet ,
Any suggestions?

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

Hello guys , just got a tbl and set it up , screen message is , cannot detect proc ,check connection -I have checked all I can see but nothing yet ,
Any suggestions?

Usb cable between computer and p-roc board under playfield. Make sure both ends are connected.

#318 3 years ago

I’ve noticed several of the cables come loose under the playfield
These are not secured

Is there a way for these to not vibrating loose
Except duck taping them

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I’ve noticed several of the cables come loose under the playfield
These are not secured
Is there a way for these to not vibrating loose
Except duck taping them

Do you have pictures which cables it are ? Cables are supposed to be secured with tire wraps.

#320 3 years ago

I have had Several of these come loose

2500C2AD-9EFA-4823-AD72-60C85D42CB2C (resized).jpeg2500C2AD-9EFA-4823-AD72-60C85D42CB2C (resized).jpeg
#321 3 years ago

Have checked every connection five times over unplugged reseated still nothing it's so frustrating got to be a loose connection I packed the game up carefully loaded in my truck went 30 mi unloaded and now I have this problem doesn't make sense ordered a USB port tester maybe that will tell me something thanks for the input guys been in touch with DP but they have not resolved

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

Have checked every connection five times over unplugged reseated still nothing it's so frustrating got to be a loose connection I packed the game up carefully loaded in my truck went 30 mi unloaded and now I have this problem doesn't make sense ordered a USB port tester maybe that will tell me something thanks for the input guys been in touch with DP but they have not resolved

Move usb cables to open ports on pc, and start game and see what happens. Maybe bad USB port on pc

#323 3 years ago

Yup done that , no luck ,ordered a tester , hopefully that helps

#324 3 years ago

Have any of you guys experienced while playing a game the machine stops registering shots and once you shoot it into to the drain, the saucer or the scoop it sits there. It doesn't go into ball search. At that point my machine has frozen up and needs to be turned off and on. This seems to be happening more and more. Last night it happened 5 out of 6 games. It happens in 1 to 4 player games.

My wife and I both have noticed it happens a lot when the left stand up target for the ball lock on the the dude ramp is hit.

Thanks for the help.

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from Ry4bo:

Have any of you guys experienced while playing a game the machine stops registering shots and once you shoot it into to the drain, the saucer or the scoop it sits there. It doesn't go into ball search. At that point my machine has frozen up and needs to be turned off and on. This seems to be happening more and more. Last night it happened 5 out of 6 games. It happens in 1 to 4 player games.
My wife and I both have noticed it happens a lot when the left stand up target for the ball lock on the the dude ramp is hit.
Thanks for the help.

Sorry to read about your issues. What is the serialnumber of your game? Has it been good for longer period but starting acting up after moving it?

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from Ry4bo:

Thanks for the help.

That has happened to a few owners including me. The game seizes up an the only way to get it going again is turn it off and then on again.

I'm not sure of the root cause of the problem but I just play through it (power down and then power up). I have no answers...... I just drink rum and throw in my meaningless Pinside comments.

QSW

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from Ry4bo:

Thanks for the help.

Did you buy new? What is serial number?

Has this happened since day 1?

1 week later
#328 3 years ago

Any one heard from Barry lately ?

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Any one heard from Barry lately ?

Probably on holiday

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Probably on holiday

No, his first holiday in 2 years starts tomorrow. DP Will than shut down till Jan 4th.

#331 3 years ago

Not really Holiday time
Can’t go anywhere with lockdown in Europe

So keep working I guess

#332 3 years ago

How can I adjust the switch that registers the let’s go bowling on the upper playfield? It seems to not light each circle insert regularly to turn on let’s go bowling every time I make that shot.

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

How can I adjust the switch that registers the let’s go bowling on the upper playfield? It seems to not light each circle insert regularly to turn on let’s go bowling every time I make that shot.

To lit Bowling you don’t shoot the let’s go bowling scoop but you shoot on the upper playfield the mini loop. Each time you shoot it a letter will be lit. When bowling if fully lit the let’s go bowling will be lit.

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

To lit Bowling you don’t shoot the let’s go bowling scoop but you shoot on the upper playfield the mini loop. Each time you shoot it a letter will be lit. When bowling if fully lit the let’s go bowling will be lit.

You have to take the roof off. There are 2 screws. Once the roof is off you will see a switch there. Also on the plastic ramp I believe there is a switch.

59FF0BE6-FFCA-439B-A1AF-5D8986435744 (resized).jpeg59FF0BE6-FFCA-439B-A1AF-5D8986435744 (resized).jpeg

375A8675-5BB7-4FD0-B639-92392F35C9C4 (resized).jpeg375A8675-5BB7-4FD0-B639-92392F35C9C4 (resized).jpeg
#335 3 years ago

There are indeed two switches. One is ramp enter, second one is ramp made. These 2 have to be made to light Bowling.

I got the impression from his post however that he expected to lit let’s go bowling via shooting the scoop?

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

There are indeed two switches. One is ramp enter, second one is ramp made. These 2 have to be made to light Bowling.
I got the impression from his post however that he expected to lit let’s go bowling via shooting the scoop?

Not sure - so I thought just in case he has an issue.

#337 3 years ago

Yes I know it’s not starting until you get to the scoop. My issue is just getting each letter to light consistently. Sometimes it doesn’t light a letter after the loop shot is made.

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Yes I know it’s not starting until you get to the scoop. My issue is just getting each letter to light consistently. Sometimes it doesn’t light a letter after the loop shot is made.

Hmm. Ok. Than it’s a solid advice from cpr9999 to have a look at both switches if they register OK. Guess especially the second switch is the most important. Set it in switch test and roll manually a ball up the loop to see what happens.

1 week later
#339 3 years ago

Anyone ever see this on power up? This shows up on my game and it takes about 2 minutes on this screen and then goes to normal boot. This is a new one for me...

DE86163A-65FF-4A55-84E5-45D634D5690B (resized).jpegDE86163A-65FF-4A55-84E5-45D634D5690B (resized).jpeg
#340 3 years ago

Ok, my Lebowski is giving me the "System program problem detected" message but I can't even acknowledge the pop up to make it go away, let alone get into UBUNTU to type some code. Let's just start with the easy stuff. Is there a way to "click" cancel through the menu settings?

image0 (resized).pngimage0 (resized).png
#341 3 years ago
Quoted from splittingatoms:

Ok, my Lebowski is giving me the "System program problem detected" message but I can't even acknowledge the pop up to make it go away, let alone get into UBUNTU to type some code. Let's just start with the easy stuff. Is there a way to "click" cancel through the menu settings?
[quoted image]

Easy fix hook usb keyboard.

See this thread for details.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/34#post-6048881

#342 3 years ago

Yup, this was super helpful, I had that issue as well about 1 month after the game was out of the box. I followed these instructions and the issue went away and has never returned.

I will say that it was totally straightforward as to whether some of the commands were "taking" in the system. I got confused about what I was seeing on screen but admittedly I am not in IT and not a computer expert by any means so it might have just been my ignorance of how to interact with computer programs like this but in any case it worked. It seems like this is something that could very easily be resolved with a software update to the game.

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

( see white scratches)
[quoted image]

This game does have several locations where the ball strikes the hard edge of metal rails and things (think near the ramps where the skinny standup targets are). The game would have benefitted from a little more thoughtfulness on design to eliminate these hard edges as they damage the ball immediately and in some cases, severely.

#344 3 years ago

On the damaged balls I can make some comment.

As mentioned earlier I removed my subway and mylared it as a test.

This seems to have done the job or at least greatly improved it. It’s not that after several 10s of games zero wear is noticed but it’s a lot lot lot less. Removing subway is rather easy so easy to try it out yourselves and for sure worth a shot.

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

On the damaged balls I can make some comment.
As mentioned earlier I removed my subway and mylared it as a test.
This seems to have done the job or at least greatly improved it. It’s not that after several 10s of games zero wear is noticed but it’s a lot lot lot less. Removing subway is rather easy so easy to try it out yourselves and for sure worth a shot.

The game would feel and sound less "clunky" if that subway was molded plastic like the subways of Twilight Zone and other games of that nature. There's just a smoothness to it.

Thanks for the mylar tip!

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

The game would feel and sound less "clunky" if that subway was molded plastic like the subways of Twilight Zone and other games of that nature. There's just a smoothness to it.
Thanks for the mylar tip!

Speaking of molded plastic, is anyone experiencing issues with the plastic ramps?
The plastic used for my ramps is much 'thinner' than I'm used to seeing in other games.
Anyone know if there is much variance between these ramps as they've made different versions of the games?

#347 3 years ago

they are pretty thin yes

#348 3 years ago

How do I get to nihilist showdown please? I’ve hit the 3 nihilist targets...

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

How do I get to nihilist showdown please? I’ve hit the 3 nihilist targets...

The game is set from factory to 25 hits to initiate the mode. Do yourself a favor and go into setting and reduce that dramatically.

3 weeks later
#350 3 years ago

Can someone please repost the specific instructions to resolve this error (pictured below) or direct me to a specific post that actually contains them? I seem to be going in circles between the Owner's Club and Maintenance threads using the search feature and the thread (only) references I've found. Thanks in advance!

TBL Error Message (resized).pngTBL Error Message (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 22.50
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 210.00
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

There are 2,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/7?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.