• 198 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by r6emperor
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200308_181633 (resized).jpg
22343532-65BE-411F-8A2A-029B51C875AF (resized).jpeg
8AF4DF57-9942-4C96-B993-042BCBEB0C8B (resized).jpeg
F5454703-DE0E-4604-9728-3A2C0165CFCA (resized).jpeg
2020-02-16-075339_002.jpg
1A974DCC-CBB1-400C-9257-10C45C717DC1 (resized).jpeg
91D69A1D-FD2D-44E7-BE3E-33E648396D22 (resized).jpeg
97B04BB4-F98B-4021-92DC-36EBFC5D88E2 (resized).jpeg
8B8A866B-EEA4-41D5-9B8F-84DC95DB35E5 (resized).jpeg
D449846D-69B7-4B2E-A480-41147D5E205E (resized).jpeg
3DF6C0B5-E443-45D9-BF54-FE1A46FD09EA (resized).jpeg
67C422FD-B7AA-4B7E-988B-A32B714FEFB2 (resized).jpeg
4E589E67-324E-4E3C-8E25-34819AA8BF4D (resized).jpeg
AEF65491-AFD4-451E-931A-4B6D34B04A99 (resized).jpeg
B1512334-20D5-4A66-AD9A-04A88FE6DE40 (resized).jpeg
35DB3A71-B8CE-4E8E-ADD1-9DB1B5E21648 (resized).jpeg

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 68 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Side issue with a HUGE thank you shout out to Mr Awesome #Rensh So as to not look like a dink (which I am doing now) I reached out to Rensh for advice on a flipper issue. During game play (several games) the left flipper if hit twice would hold the flipper up? The only way to clear it was to flip the right flipper. Stupid me I figured hey this must be some Euro pause to drink setting I missed! Nope. As he advised the coil stop was simply magnetized. No drink mode option lol. Anyway, removed and a few taps with a hammer and she is demagnetized and collection White Russians again!! I bow to you Dude Rensh! Thanks

How did your coil stop get magnetized?

#152 68 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

How did your coil stop get magnetized?

No clue though looking on the forum it does seem like it’s not a new thing. All I know is double tapping to drink or release the flipper was becoming an irritation lol. Checking it removed it did hold a paper clip so it was somehow.

#153 68 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Did you also check this?

Where is this in reference to. Can you post a photo?

Thanks

#154 67 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

Where is this in reference to. Can you post a photo?
Thanks

This was in regard to the insert window being flat-level with the playfield. If it is higher or lower you can get a ball hop and launch it on the ramp perhaps?

Just feel with your fingers.

#155 67 days ago

All the inserts around the ramp entrance are level, including the orange one. You know what isn’t smooth is the bowling alley window. If I feel at the top edge it’s dipped down. Can I adjust that easily from the underside?

What about the stand up target? The white plastic it past the hole. Should it be set back where it’s directly above the opening?
24CADEC3-4FC1-4F74-8963-194EB7C0D80F (resized).jpeg

#156 67 days ago

The bowling alley window is easily adjusted from the bottom. There are a couple of 4 screws there to enable this nog you look at the bottom you will know what I mean. See also attached picture.

In regard to the standup target, I would play with it to see what brings best results.

CC66C998-49ED-4D19-B0B5-4563B7CAA755 (resized).jpeg
#157 67 days ago

Ok so the suggestions are making a difference. Thanks so much. I was able to get a game in without the ball hitting the glass from that target. The target is now back further than the photo above. Make sure that bowling alley plastic cover is really flush. It wasn’t off by much to throw it off. Now the ramp shots are making it up good.

Next issue for me is sometimes the abides subway hole gets a ball in there and doesn’t eject until I slightly nudge the game. After that it comes right out. I looked but didn’t see what tells the game a ball is present. Anyone know?

#158 67 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

Ok so the suggestions are making a difference. Thanks so much. I was able to get a game in without the ball hitting the glass from that target. The target is now back further than the photo above. Make sure that bowling alley plastic cover is really flush. It wasn’t off by much to throw it off. Now the ramp shots are making it up good.
Next issue for me is sometimes the abides subway hole gets a ball in there and doesn’t eject until I slightly nudge the game. After that it comes right out. I looked but didn’t see what tells the game a ball is present. Anyone know?

Is it possible your game is not level left to right and or pitched correctly so the ball can properly roll to the switch in the subway? What is your game set to and how did you level it?

#159 67 days ago

Makes sense since I’ve been all over the place changing pitch trying to solve the other issues. I have the PinGuy app for leveling so I’ll check it.

Thanks

#160 64 days ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I don't know if you or a friend has a 3d printer.. but my lock entrance wasn't ever smooth, sometimes rejects.. but i designed a clip that smooths out the transitions from ramp to scoop by pinching the ramp against the scoop. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1786982

Worked like a champ - printed and installed!

Question. What are / were your thoughts of just putting the plastic side walls inside the metal on the left and right side?

Maybe cracking plastic? If ball hit plastic trapped by metal ramp?

E9287962-E04E-45DE-8851-58E05A343F1B (resized).jpeg

#161 63 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Maybe cracking plastic? If ball hit plastic trapped by metal ramp?
[quoted image]

the ramp plastic is pretty thin so if you bend too far i would think there might be a problem with the diverter

#162 62 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

Fixed. There’s a rollover switch in that subway that detects the ball being present. I loosened the two screws and angled it slightly so the end of the switch was a bit higher in the subway.

1 week later
#163 50 days ago

I replaced the switches in the kickback lane with the Stern type en since than the kickback has been very consistent in strength. So the theory that the inconsistency in strength was due to timing is proven in my idea.

I think the round shape of the wire is better as the squared one.

FC8925BF-8776-468A-A006-D9DA744E7A8C (resized).jpeg
#164 50 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I replaced the switches in the kickback lane with the Stern type en since than the kickback has been very consistent in strength. So the theory that the inconsistency in strength was due to timing is proven in my idea.
I think the round shape of the wire is better as the squared one.[quoted image]

Can you post an “after the switch was installed” picture so we can see where it is and how it looks?

Also, can you post the Stern part number?

Thx!

#165 50 days ago

It’s the switch near the kickback

Don’t know the articleno As I got them for try out purposes and didn’t buy them but it is the standard Format of switch used with Sega-Stern.

So I went on the internet and looking at the pictures it looks like this one: https://www.pinballlife.com/rollover-switch-with-mounting-bracket.html

There are several types I see which have the same wireform but the mounting bracket is slightly different. I think this is of no importance as long as the wire form has this shape. Pls do note no diode is required !! So select a type without diode if you wanna try this out

BF52F8D6-07A1-421F-B568-5A84608B4FA6 (resized).jpeg
#166 50 days ago

Another thing I fixed was a broken plastic flipperguide at the Mini Play Field.

The problem is that the playfield and the MpF can not be 100% aligned. There is always some tolerance. So if you have a stiff guide in the mpf it can cause the flipperaxis to be under stress.

i had lying around a brass version from a NoFear part. This is smaller in diameter as the hole in the mpf. I did tape around the brass guide to fill up the hole. Idea is that the tape has some flexibility and can take care of small misalignment. As I have a playfield protector I wanted the flipper to be a little higher so I installed the plastic ring of the original guide on top of the brass one. Than I did a small piece double sided tape on the tape so it was fixed in the hole.

Had no play anymore in the flipper and works perfect. Even had to dial the power down from 20 to 18 as ball went so fast it came down the Walter ramp when shooting the mpf ramp ....

4E589E67-324E-4E3C-8E25-34819AA8BF4D (resized).jpeg35DB3A71-B8CE-4E8E-ADD1-9DB1B5E21648 (resized).jpeg3DF6C0B5-E443-45D9-BF54-FE1A46FD09EA (resized).jpeg5C48913A-A418-4FC2-9171-2ACB57EF86E1 (resized).jpeg67C422FD-B7AA-4B7E-988B-A32B714FEFB2 (resized).jpegAEF65491-AFD4-451E-931A-4B6D34B04A99 (resized).jpegB1512334-20D5-4A66-AD9A-04A88FE6DE40 (resized).jpegD449846D-69B7-4B2E-A480-41147D5E205E (resized).jpeg
#167 50 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It’s the switch near the kickback
Don’t know the articleno As I got them for try out purposes and didn’t buy them but it is the standard Format of switch used with Sega-Stern.
So I went on the internet and looking at the pictures it looks like this one: https://www.pinballlife.com/rollover-switch-with-mounting-bracket.html
There are several types I see which have the same wireform but the mounting bracket is slightly different. I think this is of no importance as long as the wire form has this shape. Pls do note no diode is required !! So select a type without diode if you wanna try this out[quoted image]

I’m having a similar issue at the top right for Maude. Do you think that switch would work there?

8B8A866B-EEA4-41D5-9B8F-84DC95DB35E5 (resized).jpeg
#168 50 days ago

Yup. Sure. In fact I installed them at every spot on the main playfield as a test.

Works fine but I had it working fine befor the swap to after some tweaking with the old switches. Only at the kickback I found that it was very consistent suddenly where prior to the swap it would be all over the place.

Pls do note that it could be you have to reposition sometimes slightly the screw position and that the wire form sometimes has to be slightly changed. You will see that if you leave it as is it could be trapped under a PCB. Hope the pictures make clear what I mean.

97B04BB4-F98B-4021-92DC-36EBFC5D88E2 (resized).jpeg1A974DCC-CBB1-400C-9257-10C45C717DC1 (resized).jpeg91D69A1D-FD2D-44E7-BE3E-33E648396D22 (resized).jpeg
#169 46 days ago

Does anyone have a picture of what type of T nut or hardware is used on the inside of the cabinet for the backbox wingnuts to tighten into? I appear to be missing them.

2020-02-16-075339_002.jpg
#170 45 days ago

It’s a metric M10.

You can also use a regular bolt I think.

#171 45 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It’s a metric M10.
You can also use a regular bolt I think.

Perfect, thanks. Looks like most Home Depots here carry them.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-M10-1-5-Zinc-Plated-Steel-T-Nut-2-Piece-per-Bag-803838/204281865

#172 41 days ago

Just bought a NIB TBL and it’s out on the floor at for all to play at Free Gold Watch in San Francisco. I have a feeling I’ll be checking in here a lot. Yes, I am worried about operating an oop game. Give the people what they want etc.

Two immediate Qs:

Will this flipper opto board work? I’m trying to assess all the WPC parts I can swap in when NBC things go wrong. One board is flaky.

https://www.pinballlife.com/fliptronics-type-2-opto-board-replacement.html

And I’ve googled this and searched, but is there a manual? Or schematics for anything?

#173 41 days ago

Congrats with your TBL

TBL uses standard parts for this and I know they get a lot with pinball life so should be fine. Is it not Just a matter of cleaning optos ?

Manual unfortunately not available.

#174 41 days ago

Thanks on all counts!

I think I can fix the board, it’s almost certainly a reflow solder situation. But I keep certain parts on hand for less experienced arcade hands to swap in so I don’t have to roll over there and do moderate tech work

#175 41 days ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Thanks on all counts!
I think I can fix the board, it’s almost certainly a reflow solder situation. But I keep certain parts on hand for less experienced arcade hands to swap in so I don’t have to roll over there and do moderate tech work

Must say it is Way cool that you are sharing this rare title for the masses to enjoy. I Sincerely hope you overflow the cash box!

#176 36 days ago

Trying out for DP a proto extended bushing for the mini playfield MPF

First response it works fine but it should be couple of mm longer as it sits just below the top of the MPF. And change color perhaps to black.

Now testing to see if it holds. Is a 3D printed part of which I don’t have the file and timeframe unknown. Just wanna show your guys that DP is always looking for improvements where possible.

8AF4DF57-9942-4C96-B993-042BCBEB0C8B (resized).jpegF5454703-DE0E-4604-9728-3A2C0165CFCA (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#177 26 days ago

I just got my TBL and have had several minor issues that I’ve had to fix. Not sure if some other issues are problems or not.
The car in the upper playfield can only be hit once, then R flipper becomes inactive. Is that normal?
Also, for the life of me, I can’t get the lower playfield bowling alley to activate. Any ideas?

#178 26 days ago

Sounds like the switch for the car position is wrong, try in the test menu activating the car and see what the switches report when the car is open and closed. For the bowling make sure the ball return switch is being activated when the ball goes to the bottom of the alley, it might not think the ball is present preventing bowling from being started.

#179 26 days ago

Take the glass off and cycle a ball on the upper playfield until bowling alley mode is lit. It’s a hard shot to make. I’ve seen your hit car issue on mine.

#180 26 days ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

The car in the upper playfield can only be hit once, then R flipper becomes inactive. Is that normal?

In 2 of the car modes and one rug mode this is normal
Kill the dudes car mode doesnt do this.

#181 26 days ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I just got my TBL and have had several minor issues that I’ve had to fix. Not sure if some other issues are problems or not.
Also, for the life of me, I can’t get the lower playfield bowling alley to activate. Any ideas?

In regard to the mpf flipper. There is a car mode (The most right one) that after hitting the car the flipper becomes inactive and you need to shoot the mpf again to have it active again for 1 shot. So sounds like normal gameplay to me.

Than bowling, is the bowling led lit up? You need to shoot the ramp at the mpf several times till bowling is spelled. It is active when let’s go bowling is lit. If lit there are 2 places to start bowling, mpf and the scoop on the left side. Try them both and report.

#182 26 days ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

You have to shoot the upperplayfeild orbit until you spell bowling then the insert for let's go bowling lights up. The shoot the hole beside the handicap targets to go bowling. Make sure you installed a ball in the bowling lane.

#183 26 days ago
Quoted from Mitch:

In 2 of the car modes and one rug mode this is normal
Kill the dudes car mode doesnt do this.

This is incorrect. Only 1 car mode disables the flipper after hitting the car. Chase the car and kill the car mode keep the flipper active.

#184 26 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is incorrect. Only 1 car mode disables the flipper after hitting the car. Chase the car and kill the car mode keep the flipper active.

One of the rug modes kills the flipper also I think.

#185 26 days ago
Quoted from Mitch:

One of the rug modes kills the flipper also I think.

Not saying it isn’t true but don’t recollect that. Getting old means memory can be missing

Perhaps it is the rugmode which goes about basing the car? Will pay notice next time. For sure only 1 car mode disables the flipper after 1 hit.

#186 26 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Not saying it isn’t true but don’t recollect that. Getting old means memory can be missing
Perhaps it is the rugmode which goes about basing the car? Will pay notice next time. For sure only 1 car mode disables the flipper after 1 hit.

Yes your 100% right about only one car mode doing it.

#187 26 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

The rug mode where walter is bashing the Corvette also lock out the upper flipper after each hit. I just tried it.

20200308_181633 (resized).jpg
#188 26 days ago

Here is a bowling lane issue I had. The lane wasnt always able to return the ball up to the top and if it wouldnt make it back up it would count as a try so if it didnt make it up twice it would say you failed even though you never got the ball.

The issue was the switch at the bottom ball return was adjusted to far in and it would stop the ball from sitting all the way back on the plunger of the return coil so it wasnt getting a strong hit. I bent back the switch actuator a bit do the ball sat all the way back and now it makes it up every time.

2 weeks later
#189 11 days ago

If you have a weak upper flipper pls check also post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/22#post-5547279

22343532-65BE-411F-8A2A-029B51C875AF (resized).jpeg
#190 6 days ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I find the bowling alley skillshot a fairly easy way to achieve this:

- Hold right flipper when shooting a ball
- Ball will appear on upper playfield
- Shoot first into BOWLING alley
- Then shoot for the door
- Profit

If it doesn't happen, I can imagine the alley being disabled in the menu (an operator option to keep the game earning money when features are broken).

#191 6 days ago

Hey guy, I’ve been having a lot of issues with the game resetting recently. I try to limit the play so it’s only got about 250 games in it. It initially was happening to my son mostly so I assumed it was the tilt being too sensitive. However, it started doing it more and more for me also. In the middle of play it just resets. Additionally, once you hit start to play a new game it will click through everything but not shoot a new ball up to the launch ramp. Once I turn the game off and on, all goes back to normal. I’ve checked tilt, power, all wiring. Given that it seemed to be having trouble locating the balls, I removed them all and replaced them like one does out of the factory. It seems to be working okay now but anybody else have this issue? Also, please forgive my lack of knowledge. I’ve been a long time player of pinball but only recently got into owing / trying to repair and upgrade my machines.

#192 5 days ago

Resetting and tilting are very different. What is exactly happening. A reset for me would mean the game shuts down and reboots. A tilt is just a tilt with a totAl different appearance.

Also don’t think replacing balls will fix a reset problem. How old is the TBL? Could it be a problem with the usb cable connected to the proc as earlier ones had?

And don’t limit plays. Do what it is meant to be for, play and enjoy. Life is to short to do otherwise.

#193 5 days ago

rensh

Any thoughts on this one:

Today, I was helping troubleshoot some issues at Dan’s house on his TBL. We fixed a few but have one left.

This issue does not happen every game - but every few games.

Please see quick video we made.

Basically during play the game thinks the ball is lost or hung up somewhere and goes into ball search mode (which it is not). The ball eventually drains down the middle into the trough. This then does not end that balls play - the machine still swatches for the ball.

Then taking the glass off while this is going on the high power(?) items still work like slingshots. However all the targets do not register.

Any guidance here would be great.

#194 5 days ago

Hmm. I think this one is above my pay grade.

However, I know there are two type of reactions to a switch. There is the one which responds very fast and doesn’t need the PC for controlling (like the slingshot, PC would take to long and the latency would make this not work properly ) and those, with the regular targets were timing is not so important, which require the PC. I think this is what you are seeing here. The targets controlled by PC no longer work and while triggering a target should stop the ball search this doesn’t happen unfortunately.

Did you go into switch test and check especially the ball through?

Otherwise best to contact barry, sorry.

#195 5 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Resetting and tilting are very different. What is exactly happening. A reset for me would mean the game shuts down and reboots. A tilt is just a tilt with a totAl different appearance.
Also don’t think replacing balls will fix a reset problem. How old is the TBL? Could it be a problem with the usb cable connected to the proc as earlier ones had?
And don’t limit plays. Do what it is meant to be for, play and enjoy. Life is to short to do otherwise.

Definitely a reset where it reboots. The game is only about a year old, and it didn’t have this issue initially when I bought it. I’ve checked all of the connections, so far I haven’t been able to find anything loose that could be causing the issue.

On a side note, I also had my left slingshot band break on me today. Anybody have any recommendations on the best rubber to use as a replacement?

Thanks!

#196 4 days ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

Definitely a reset where it reboots. The game is only about a year old, and it didn’t have this issue initially when I bought it. I’ve checked all of the connections, so far I haven’t been able to find anything loose that could be causing the issue.
On a side note, I also had my left slingshot band break on me today. Anybody have any recommendations on the best rubber to use as a replacement?
Thanks!

Tbl uses silicon rubbers in Color white. Don’t think brand matters a lot.

In regard to your Reset issue, I advise to report it at https://www.dutchpinball.com/support.php . Report also your serialno to them.

Also one year ago there were no TBLs produced. So if you bought it NIB it must have been on the shelf for some time. Check the USB cable in the proc. Reseat it.

#197 4 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Tbl uses silicon rubbers in Color white. Don’t think brand matters a lot.
In regard to your Reset issue, I advise to report it at https://www.dutchpinball.com/support.php . Report also your serialno to them.
Also one year ago there were no TBLs produced. So if you bought it NIB it must have been on the shelf for some time. Check the USB cable in the proc. Reseat it.

Yeah, it was one of the ones that was sitting around awhile. I was lucky enough to score it from CT in August. Rechecked all the cables. And did some adjusting to the P-ROB boards. Barry was his normal self, very quick to respond and happy to help. Unfortunately now I need to wait for my new rubber to come in before I can do more trouble shooting / test it out too.

#198 4 days ago

Speaking of rubber rings, now that I have torn down to a bare playfield, here is a rubber ring list I made:

Mini-playfield:
2" rubber ring Qty. 1
3 post sleeves

Playfield:
1" rubber ring Qty. 5
3/16" rubber ring Qty. 11
2 1/2" rubber ring Qty. 2
3/8" mini post rubber Qty. 2
5 post sleeves

Haven't seen one yet, and I figured it might help someone out later

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
28,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Budapest
€ 3.70
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 43.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 21.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside