1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 47.
#1901 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I've posed that question on the Lebowski owner thread also. I'd love to find some low profile nuts to go on the screw posts holding down the wireform ramps. After installing plastic protectors, the original ones are just too big. I had to remove a washer to get them to grip.

Similar question. Anyone kind enough to share or know what post threaded piece (sorry don’t know the official name…the metal threaded “bolt” in the plastic post) is the next longer one than is in the game now, at the slings? With the silicone washers to help remedy the play field, along with plastic protectors, the upper nut where the ramp is also held down is just not gonna be long enough. With only the plastic protector and no silicone washer yet, the nut can BARELY grab a thread.

#1902 1 year ago

Had a new strange issue pop up lately…or in fact it’s NOT popping up! I was getting the repeated ca-chunk of the Jesus VUK and the whoosh-whip sound bite that goes with it, which meant that the pressure leaf style switch to detect a ball that goes into the Jesus ramp was too close and not enough tolerance, so it was touching a few times when the ball would launch to the bowling skill shot upper field. I tweaked the leaf a bit to remedy that, but related or unrelated, now 50% of the time the ball is launched to the bowling skill shot, the ball misfires and won’t make it cleanly up to the top mini field. It has to fire 2 or 3 times and then the ball pops up. Any thoughts?

#1903 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Had a new strange issue pop up lately…or in fact it’s NOT popping up! I was getting the repeated ca-chunk of the Jesus VUK and the whoosh-whip sound bite that goes with it, which meant that the pressure leaf style switch to detect a ball that goes into the Jesus ramp was too close and not enough tolerance, so it was touching a few times when the ball would launch to the bowling skill shot upper field. I tweaked the leaf a bit to remedy that, but related or unrelated, now 50% of the time the ball is launched to the bowling skill shot, the ball misfires and won’t make it cleanly up to the top mini field. It has to fire 2 or 3 times and then the ball pops up. Any thoughts?

Likely you did bent the assy a little during switch adjustment, see service faq page 111

#1904 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

When you press the right flipper button the shooterlane coil power is reduced as it doesn’t have to go a long way. Usually this power is more than sufficient to get to the VUK. What I suspect is that the plunger of the auto shooter is isn’t correctly aligned with the ball causing the ball to rattle in the shooterlane and loosing to much energy.
So, check alignment of ball against plunger.

I had this issue. Completely fixed by adjusting the shooter lane switch wire down a little bit so it wasn't pushing up so much on the ball.

#1905 1 year ago

Damn. Think my woofer is blown. A ball was left in the shooter lane. Turned it on to eject. Loud unhealthy rumbling occurred on start up. Now when I play bass is off the charts. Very unpleasant to play. Can’t see bass setting in sound adjustments. Any ideas?

#1906 1 year ago

The bass is adjusted on the sound board in the head box. Get a pinnovators hook up and an external sub. Works great.

Quoted from gumnut01:

Damn. Think my woofer is blown. A ball was left in the shooter lane. Turned it on to eject. Loud unhealthy rumbling occurred on start up. Now when I play bass is off the charts. Very unpleasant to play. Can’t see bass setting in sound adjustments. Any ideas?

#1907 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

The bass is adjusted on the sound board in the head box. Get a pinnovators hook up and an external sub. Works great.

Thanks. It’s weird. I turned off a game and rebooted with the ball in the shooters lane. Same thing. Bass went nuts. Don’t know if anyone else can test this.

#1908 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks. It’s weird. I turned off a game and rebooted with the ball in the shooters lane. Same thing. Bass went nuts. Don’t know if anyone else can test this.

When turning tbl with a ball in the shooterlane it will see this as a testreport error and eject the ball. Memory says it will make some sound but nothing strange.

Further more, no equalizer on the menu, can adjust though bass on the soundboard like already suggested above

#1909 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

When turning tbl with a ball in the shooterlane it will see this as a testreport error and eject the ball. Memory says it will make some sound but nothing strange.
Further more, no equalizer on the menu, can adjust though bass on the soundboard like already suggested above

Ok. Never had this happen with other pins. So to me it just seemed unusual. Why would a pin go from being normal bass to suddenly really heavy bass. All on its own? Will change as directed. Thanks.

#1910 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I had this issue. Completely fixed by adjusting the shooter lane switch wire down a little bit so it wasn't pushing up so much on the ball.

Hey any tips on how I should do this?

#1911 1 year ago
Quoted from mkintaiwan:

Hey any tips on how I should do this?

A sign it was the switch was that sometimes the ball would not sit snug against the plunger or off to one side slightly. The switch wire was pushing up on the ball too strongly. I don't think you can even adjust the plunger alignment much at all.

Raise the playfield up on its support legs. Use a switch adjust tool (or needle nose) to bend the shooter lane switch wire down very slightly and test. Adjust more and retest if needed but it only took a small adjustment and the ball sits snug on the plunger tip.
Hope that helps!

#1912 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hi @rensh, so I did the turning down of the little dial and the bass does not shake the machine as much and vibrate the whole room. But now the music is a bit flat and tinny. Does the cabinet speaker act as both woofer and sub? Would be good to seperate sub behaviour from normal bass so you can still enjoy a good dynamic range in the music without rattling the whole room. Don’t know if a future sw or firmware release could fix.

#1913 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hi Rensh, so I did the turning down of the little dial and the bass does not shake the machine as much and vibrate the whole room. But now the music is a bit flat and tinny. Does the cabinet speaker act as both woofer and sub? Would be good to seperate sub behaviour from normal bass so you can still enjoy a good dynamic range in the music without rattling the whole room. Don’t know if a future sw or firmware release could fix.

I have an external active subwoofer hooked up (like as with all my pinballs), parallel connected to the cabinet speaker.

Would this be an option for you?

1 week later
#1914 1 year ago

Our subway finally gave out

03C02F42-0974-46A1-A8FA-B60E02916766 (resized).jpeg03C02F42-0974-46A1-A8FA-B60E02916766 (resized).jpeg44A2B9E6-CB7A-4F90-893F-5B40A424FBF5 (resized).jpeg44A2B9E6-CB7A-4F90-893F-5B40A424FBF5 (resized).jpeg
#1915 1 year ago

Cue sux million dollar man intro….

3D89A78C-6894-4B2F-B941-22F799F27ADB (resized).jpeg3D89A78C-6894-4B2F-B941-22F799F27ADB (resized).jpeg67C9B7E4-0D2A-4DE8-B2CC-E84CE3CDEE0E (resized).jpeg67C9B7E4-0D2A-4DE8-B2CC-E84CE3CDEE0E (resized).jpegA7DBBE4F-F21D-4DEF-ADEC-5796B6592A10 (resized).jpegA7DBBE4F-F21D-4DEF-ADEC-5796B6592A10 (resized).jpeg
#1916 1 year ago
#1917 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Our subway finally gave out [quoted image][quoted image]

7 little tack welds... ouch.
JB Weld is your hero.

#1918 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Cue sux million dollar man intro….

JB Weld is your hero.

#1919 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Cue sux million dollar man intro….[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How many plays do you have on It and what was the build date of the game? I wonder if the subways have been reinforced on the newer games (paging Rens). I know they put some type of padding in the subways now not sure if that helps anything.

#1920 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How many plays do you have on It and what was the build date of the game? I wonder if the subways have been reinforced on the newer games (paging Rens). I know they put some type of padding in the subways now not sure if that helps anything.

Subway has not changed design. They are padded nowadays but I doubt if that will protect against the damage I saw here

#1921 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

JB Weld is your hero.

I thought so too, but turns out the clearance with the rug was too tight and my sistered piece was too big

The rug mech moves by here with just millimeters to spare. I’m convinced the reason it broke is because the rug mech hits it as it’s getting slammed with balls. There is just so little clearance as the rug shuttles by

EDE4A703-D521-4A19-B61E-A3E059428138 (resized).pngEDE4A703-D521-4A19-B61E-A3E059428138 (resized).png
#1922 1 year ago

I think its the rug shuttle that breaks it. The ball doesn’t really slam into this piece much and the other tabs are not failing

Now to cut it up more and try to rebuild with something that won’t pertrude into the millimeters of room you have

#1923 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

7 little tack welds... ouch.
JB Weld is your hero.

Not tack welds. Its flat plate they cut reliefs in so they can build it all from one piece they bend into shape. (Tho there are additional pieces added in the drop zones).

#1924 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I thought so too, but turns out the clearance with the rug was too tight and my sistered piece was too big
The rug mech moves by here with just millimeters to spare. I’m convinced the reason it broke is because the rug mech hits it as it’s getting slammed with balls. There is just so little clearance as the rug shuttles by[quoted image]

Dang it! I wonder how much a whole new subway costs? I know it’s not ideal because the game will be out of service while you wait for it.

#1925 1 year ago

Dang it! I wonder how much a whole new subway costs? I know it’s not ideal because the game will be out of service while you wait for it.

Me and the grinder aren’t defeated yet

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1926 1 year ago

New subway is eur 35

#1927 1 year ago

Just got my TBL and I go to turn it on and it flashes the lights really quickly and does not do anything after that. See video. Looks like no power is getting to any of the computers, but I am not 100% sure I have it all plugged in in the backbox correctly. Display also does not power up. Any help would be appreciated.

video of me turning it on ->

lebowski (resized).jpglebowski (resized).jpg
#1928 1 year ago
Quoted from fabes23:

Just got my TBL and I go to turn it on and it flashes the lights really quickly and does not do anything after that. See video. Looks like no power is getting to any of the computers, but I am not 100% sure I have it all plugged in in the backbox correctly. Display also does not power up. Any help would be appreciated.
video of me turning it on -> [quoted image]

CPU needs jumped most likely. Check service FAQ page 133:

https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/support/Technical_Support_TBL_FAQ_Manual.pdf#page133

#1929 1 year ago

That worked like a charm! Thank you! BUT, my display does not turn on. I press the power button on the lcd display and it wont turn on and the "power" LED button is not on. The HDMI and PS/2 cables are plugged in correctly. Anyone out there have any ideas?

#1930 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

CPU needs jumped most likely. Check service FAQ page 133:

Yeah, a quick look and if that fan isn't running, a jumper seems to rock your world.

#1931 1 year ago
Quoted from fabes23:

That worked like a charm! Thank you! BUT, my display does not turn on. I press the power button on the lcd display and it wont turn on and the "power" LED button is not on. The HDMI and PS/2 cables are plugged in correctly. Anyone out there have any ideas?

One of the ribbon cables is unplugged. Is is supposed to be?

#1932 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One of the ribbon cables is unplugged. Is is supposed to be?

Think thats the one the Translite is connected to

#1933 1 year ago
Quoted from fabes23:

On top of the display there should be a green or orange led lit. Is it? If not, can you reseat the powerplug connectors for the display (both ends)? Perhaps one came loose during shipping? If they are secure can you check if 12V is really present at the plug which goes into the display? Page 269 service faq

Let us know.

#1934 1 year ago

In final stage of development there is a kit which make it 1) more easy to connect mods , 2) clearly indicates where translite has to go, 3) expect to make backbox look more clean, 4) will have intelligence built in to short the 2 pins when PC doesnt boot and 5) audioboard will run on 24V in place of 12V making it more powerfull is the expectation. This board is designed to be used with a new type PSU!

Its in final stage and it will be taken into production soon. Attached is a picture of how it looks. I expect to pick up the parts during my next factory visit end of the week and make a faq on it how to install.

DP fully realizes that TBL isnt perfect (pls do note we have a lot of TBL in the field reporting no issues) but we make (small) steps each time to improve TBL. This is one of those steps, like the last introduced optoscoop, all be it a bigger one.

60144DB3-2F00-49D0-B82F-8492CB67D8EB_1_102_o (resized).jpeg60144DB3-2F00-49D0-B82F-8492CB67D8EB_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
#1935 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In final stage of development there is a kit which make it 1) more easy to connect mods , 2) clearly indicates where translite has to go, 3) expect to make backbox look more clean, 4) will have intelligence built in to short the 2 pins when PC doesnt boot and 5) audioboard will run on 24V in place of 12V making it more powerfull is the expectation. This board is designed to be used with a new type PSU!
Its in final stage and it will be taken into production soon. Attached is a picture of how it looks. I expect to pick up the parts during my next factory visit end of the week and make a faq on it how to install.
DP fully realizes that TBL isnt perfect (pls do note we have a lot of TBL in the field reporting no issues) but we make (small) steps each time to improve TBL. This is one of those steps, like the last introduced optoscoop, all be it a bigger one.
[quoted image]

Is this new board backwards compatible for older games as an option or only for the new PSU?

#1936 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

On top of the display there should be a green or orange led lit. Is it? If not, can you reseat the powerplug connectors for the display (both ends)? Perhaps one came loose during shipping? If they are secure can you check if 12V is really present at the plug which goes into the display? Page 269 service faq
Let us know.

There is no color LED lit on top of the display at all. Where are the power plug connectors for the display?

#1937 1 year ago
Quoted from fabes23:

There is no color LED lit on top of the display at all. Where are the power plug connectors for the display?

They should be on the bottom of the display I believe

#1938 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Is this new board backwards compatible for older games as an option or only for the new PSU?

It does need the new PSU as well. For the rest its backwards compatible and I think you can make it compatible with the old PSU with the proper jumper cables but the effort in making jumper cables and where to store the overlength is to big of a hassle. And you will not have 24V for the audioboard

Our plan is minimize the costs of that kit as much as possible.

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from fabes23:

You see it running from the bottom of the display, its what you called the PS2 connector.

Does TBL work for the rest, eg without a display you should be able to start a game and flip.

#1940 1 year ago

All lights are on, I can hear the game, and can play the game (flippers and everything else is working). Just the LCD Monitor is NOT working or showing power to it via the little led light next to the power button.

#1941 1 year ago
Quoted from fabes23:

All lights are on, I can hear the game, and can play the game (flippers and everything else is working). Just the LCD Monitor is NOT working or showing power to it via the little led light next to the power button.

Ok. Check if 12V is on the ps2 plug as described in the service faq page 260. Then we will know if the cable is the issue or display itself.

Time than also to mail outcome to [email protected] mentioning this issue and your tbl serialnumber.

#1942 1 year ago

My bowling alley releases the ball immediately a few times before the ball catches to hold for actual bowling. Is that the binding issue that was fixed with a nyliner bushing?

#1943 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Ok. Check if 12V is on the ps2 plug as described in the service faq page 260. Then we will know if the cable is the issue or display itself.
Time than also to mail outcome to [email protected] mentioning this issue and your tbl serialnumber.

Ok, I checked the following with the following results:
- Cable checked and beeps for polarity.
- Cable from cpu reads 12v (see attached pic)
- Cable when plugged into the monitor and game turned on reads 0.00 volts.

That said, i think the LCD monitor is no good.

volts (resized).jpgvolts (resized).jpg
#1944 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

My bowling alley releases the ball immediately a few times before the ball catches to hold for actual bowling. Is that the binding issue that was fixed with a nyliner bushing?

Yes. Pull bowling mech and make sure plunger is not binding on bowling pf or hole. Nyliner bushing will help keep it centered. But you might just align your better

#1945 1 year ago

Round 2… fight!

Starting point…
3BE64471-01A1-41CF-8EE8-7155FA0FB199 (resized).jpeg3BE64471-01A1-41CF-8EE8-7155FA0FB199 (resized).jpeg

Made some space…
9AFBC651-01FB-49AF-A0FD-6AA335901008 (resized).jpeg9AFBC651-01FB-49AF-A0FD-6AA335901008 (resized).jpeg

This is how tight the subway is… just a few mils bigger than the ball. So not a lot of wiggle room
E0471A0E-7A67-4C3D-9368-E79AC988E3F1 (resized).jpegE0471A0E-7A67-4C3D-9368-E79AC988E3F1 (resized).jpeg

I tried cheating my filler piece inward to help clear the rug… but that didn’t go well with ball travel..

Don’t do this…
60E0949B-0730-458D-8AB6-6DCB448033B9 (resized).jpeg60E0949B-0730-458D-8AB6-6DCB448033B9 (resized).jpeg

Final fitment after making some more room. Now outside edge is even or tighter than original
CFE1DA0E-0DE7-4D4D-841E-EAD109F4FC42 (resized).jpegCFE1DA0E-0DE7-4D4D-841E-EAD109F4FC42 (resized).jpeg

Now we wait…
353FDA82-37BF-48EB-90E0-710DF07A7F8D (resized).jpeg353FDA82-37BF-48EB-90E0-710DF07A7F8D (resized).jpeg

Not beautiful but hopefully functional
2D882789-30FE-4FE1-9CFE-872D42DBC7A0 (resized).jpeg2D882789-30FE-4FE1-9CFE-872D42DBC7A0 (resized).jpeg

#1946 1 year ago

flynnibus this is epic Ahab level devotion to fixing this thing...respect! Hope Round 2 sticks (and balls in the subway don't

#1947 1 year ago

Well it fits

Time to see if it holds up…

Even cutting into the body you can see just how tight the fit still is…

47F47C5F-0610-406E-B6D5-D24F4FA0026C (resized).jpeg47F47C5F-0610-406E-B6D5-D24F4FA0026C (resized).jpegE7052898-6E1A-4709-92D7-D8ADC1C67C10 (resized).jpegE7052898-6E1A-4709-92D7-D8ADC1C67C10 (resized).jpeg

#1948 1 year ago

Nice work

Pls do note however that a replacement ramp is only eur 35 but is excl shipping.

#1949 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It does need the new PSU as well. For the rest its backwards compatible and I think you can make it compatible with the old PSU with the proper jumper cables but the effort in making jumper cables and where to store the overlength is to big of a hassle. And you will not have 24V for the audioboard
Our plan is minimize the costs of that kit as much as possible.

Hi Rens, couple questions.

1. Will the new backbox distribution board be standard-included on new TBL machines purchased OR is it an additional item for purchase

2. There have been at lease 2 versions of PSU. Will this be compatible with the current model PSU being shipped in the last approx year? Or is there now a new, 3rd PSU this works with.

3. Also, what is cost of the new board and new PSU.

4. On the 24v audio board power. Does this mean there is a new revision of the audio board now or is the current model 12-24v compatible?

Thx

#1950 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Nice work
Pls do note however that a replacement ramp is only eur 35 but is excl shipping.

And that almost doubles its cost and still takes a long time . Its been almost two weeks and still waiting for my last parts. This is to get the game going to avoid more extended downtime. A $1 fix and about 20mins of work. Seems like a worthwhile attempt.

Reordering the same subway was going to be the “if this fails” option because its still the same design. We also are working on remaking it in alternative design we hope will be more durable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/39?hl=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.