EE75F638-5C78-4540-9A4A-B60F6F54ACAD (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).jpg
E503613B-78A4-42C7-9F5A-B9D7652ED822 (resized).jpeg
6AA4E242-860B-4B7D-B562-0E3829DDBAD9 (resized).png
BCE65D0B-639A-4DCB-B225-4FEEDCDF8E5D (resized).jpeg
DE1A9BEB-A150-4E13-B36B-7F85BD292ED9 (resized).jpeg
5744D206-B86E-49CF-B74C-1F021C2764CE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,743 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 35.
#1701 27 days ago

New version service faq uploaded, rev 071 this time

https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support

#1702 22 days ago

Ok I haven’t had the game long but a couple of times during multiball one ball disappears.The only way to retrieve it is to take glass off & lift apron the ball seems to roll from where it’s stuck and shoots from the scoop. So I put game in solenoid test mode and noticed this “only” occurs when a ball goes up the dude ramp past the diverter and falls into subway at same time or close to when another ball goes into the let’s go bowling entrance on the upper play field. Every time, and I did this over & over only one ball will exit from the scoop. The entire play field then has to be tilted back and then you will hear the ball kinda roll loose then when lowered it rolls forward and is ejected otherwise it just sits even if I fire the scoop? Is this because if they enter there together the switch only registers one pinball? Or is it getting hung up because there is two at the same time? Sorry if this has already been discussed as I just brought this recently NIB and haven’t had the time to read all the forum info.Thanks in advance for any help

#1703 22 days ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Ok I haven’t had the game long but a couple of times during multiball one ball disappears.The only way to retrieve it is to take glass off & lift apron the ball seems to roll from where it’s stuck and shoots from the scoop. So I put game in solenoid test mode and noticed this “only” occurs when a ball goes up the dude ramp past the diverter and falls into subway at same time or close to when another ball goes into the let’s go bowling entrance on the upper play field. Every time, and I did this over & over only one ball will exit from the scoop. The entire play field then has to be tilted back and then you will hear the ball kinda roll loose then when lowered it rolls forward and is ejected otherwise it just sits even if I fire the scoop? Is this because if they enter there together the switch only registers one pinball? Or is it getting hung up because there is two at the same time? Sorry if this has already been discussed as I just brought this recently NIB and haven’t had the time to read all the forum info.Thanks in advance for any help

I had similar issues that started after I worked on the underside of my machine. Turned out it was the subway that was tight in spots and the ball would get stuck there if it wasn't moving fast enough.

The subway is a wild design, with folded pieces of metal. If you bump against it, it is easy to narrow the subway by pending panels in.

One way to deal with this is to remove the subway, and on a table top roll a ball down it and see where it narrows. Thing is when you reinstall, you could be narrowing the ball path again. Alternatively,you can go through and gently bend out some of the loose panels and see if that helps you. For some reason, the subway panel right by the Maude rollover switches seems to be the most problematic area for me.

The subway is pure gravity. If things are moving freely from the top all the way down to the scoop, you should be good. If you're seeing problems when two balls are in the subway, it may be getting stuck from the transition from the subway into the scoop (second ball waiting in line behind the first one). You can also check if the lip on the subway exit at the scoop is too low compared to the VUK in the scoop.

What I would love to see is someone build a plastic subway replacement for this game. Between the sharp edges and clanginess of the metal subway, it really feels like a prototype part that got promoted to production. I ended up lining my subway with mylar and some padding which helped, but a standard plastic subsway would make all these problems go away

#1704 22 days ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

What I would love to see is someone build a plastic subway replacement for this game. Between the sharp edges and clanginess of the metal subway, it really feels like a prototype part that got promoted to production. I ended up lining my subway with mylar and some padding which helped, but a standard plastic subsway would make all these problems go away

what you have is a subway designed to be made from single flat pieces bent into shape instead of a traditional welded or vacuum formed plastic. Done for accessibility and cost. Padding, mylar, etc is completely unnecessary. You're only protecting metal... from metal... which isn't needed. Just make sure you don't have any kinks or corners that trap the ball. The real concern was the earlier ones could fatigue and fail at the cutout reliefs. But I don't think people have that problem anymore.

#1705 22 days ago

Ok at least I now have an idea. I think what’s happening is when two balls enter the scoop area to be ejected one is being forced outside of that area and doesn’t easily roll into that area without some inertia. That’s why I have to raise up first then lower play field to get the 2nd ball to eject. Probably a very small lip or slight uneven surface preventing it.

#1706 21 days ago

It has been a long time coming but, finally, T-minus 7 days until I join the club... I can't wait!!!!

#1707 21 days ago

Ok I had some time today to solve my issue the scoop ledge was a little higher than the subway exit into the scoop preventing the ball from rolling into it without enough inertia. Not an issue unless it was 2 balls at the same time. So I grinded off a little bit of the scoop edge that meets the subway exit and worked like a charm! Thanks for all the help!539EDCFD-8FA6-42BB-B373-2D3A793582ED (resized).jpeg

#1708 20 days ago

My mpf scoop is acting intermittent. Moving the pf or even pushing on the mpf can open or clise the switch. This is the opto in the chute from the bowling shot.

Before i get back there and get the mpf off to access the opto…. Any pointers where this opto connects and its potential for interaction?

I assume its wiring or connections as it’s charging with movement. The optos themselves seem secuoto the vuk base itself somehow but not the screws through the base

#1709 19 days ago

I need to replace one of my flipper plungers. Does anyone know which style of BW plunger and linkages TBL uses? (I'm assuming new, but I want to check)

pasted_image (resized).png
#1710 19 days ago

Somewhat related to above, is there a definitive list of the Bally-Williams equivalent part numbers for the stand up targets in the game? I would like to swap out some key ones with reenforced targets from Steve Young (Pinball Resource)

(as an aside, I do hope that DP eventually releases a comprehensive parts list...I fully intend to be enjoying this pin for many many many years to come)

#1711 17 days ago

Rensh Any idea what this could be ? Everything seems to be working fine. Tested everything I could. I thought the scoop was just that roller over switch.

7957C80B-44A6-4F10-AF41-BAA2BFCFF7ED (resized).jpeg
#1712 17 days ago

Had league night last night so every aspect of the game was used.

#1713 17 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Rensh Any idea what this could be ? Everything seems to be working fine. Tested everything I could. I thought the scoop was just that roller over switch.

This is a software bug. The opto switch for the scoop isn't released yet, but the software is looking for it.

Eventually we'll get a bug fix where the software is smart enough to know that a machine either has our normal scoop switch or the new opto switch (a machine won't have both), and doesn't error on the missing one.

For now, just ignore it (or turn off the machine erroring when switches aren't detected after N games)

#1714 17 days ago

Thanks! Thought it was weird.

#1715 17 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Thanks! Thought it was weird.

I spent a long time looking for that phantom switch

#1716 17 days ago

Me too

Quoted from ray-dude:

I spent a long time looking for that phantom switch

3F37FD6F-85F2-496C-AD43-C3B485A391BB (resized).png
#1717 15 days ago

So continuing our MPF scoop opto fun...

The effect was the opto would trigger when the PF was moved or shaken. BTW, this also leads to fun software interpretations like the upper PF flipper only flipping once or dying early (as sw thinks the ball is no longer on the upper PF due to the opto trigger)

Took MPF off - everything looked fine

But as we experimented with the ribbon cable, we found just pressing on the connector at the MPF would toggle the MPF scoop. The ribbon cable itself looked fine, but we couldn't tell if it was the cable, or connector.

So we took the PCB off the MPF... and underneath we found the MPF PCB was mounted so close and so tight to the MPF itself, that the connectors of the socket were making a full pattern in the wood! So now we suspected the connector could be compromised too with cracked joints.

So needing to get the game up and going... we hacked by reflowing the 40pin connector, putting spacers under the PCB to avoid repeating the problem, and trying to reterminate the ribbon cable itself.

The sum of changes eliminated the floppy opto problem... but of course we can't be for sure if it was the ribbon cable or cracked connector joints.

Given the outright pattern of pins in the wood that could be seen standing across the table... I'm highly suspect of the connector's pins. If production hasn't been putting spacers under that PCB.. I suggest they do so.

#1718 15 days ago

Issues with startup on The Big lebowski. I recently powered the machine on, turned it off before it booted, then powered back on, and now the screen is reading " no signal" and won't startup. New to this game, and new to this thread, so any and all help would be much appreciated, thank you all in advance!

#1719 15 days ago
Quoted from ballzach1:

Issues with startup on The Big lebowski. I recently powered the machine on, turned it off before it booted, then powered back on, and now the screen is reading " no signal" and won't startup. New to this game, and new to this thread, so any and all help would be much appreciated, thank you all in advance!

If you open the back box and turn on the machine - does the main power supply fan turn on?

If not, you may need to jump it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/25#post-6985674

#1720 15 days ago

Assuming the main power supply fan is working, you may have lost your BIOS settings so the machine isn't booting. If that is the case, you'll need to attach a USB keyboard and follow the process Rensh detailed in the support FAQ. The specifics of what your BIOS settings need to be will depend on the generation of PC board in your machine, so the support FAQ is a must.

When simliar thing happened to me (had the machine on and power to the house flickered on and off several times), it was very easy (and a relief) to fix the BIOS settings and have things some up

#1721 14 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So continuing our MPF scoop opto fun...
The effect was the opto would trigger when the PF was moved or shaken. BTW, this also leads to fun software interpretations like the upper PF flipper only flipping once or dying early (as sw thinks the ball is no longer on the upper PF due to the opto trigger)
Took MPF off - everything looked fine
But as we experimented with the ribbon cable, we found just pressing on the connector at the MPF would toggle the MPF scoop. The ribbon cable itself looked fine, but we couldn't tell if it was the cable, or connector.
So we took the PCB off the MPF... and underneath we found the MPF PCB was mounted so close and so tight to the MPF itself, that the connectors of the socket were making a full pattern in the wood! So now we suspected the connector could be compromised too with cracked joints.
So needing to get the game up and going... we hacked by reflowing the 40pin connector, putting spacers under the PCB to avoid repeating the problem, and trying to reterminate the ribbon cable itself.
The sum of changes eliminated the floppy opto problem... but of course we can't be for sure if it was the ribbon cable or cracked connector joints.
Given the outright pattern of pins in the wood that could be seen standing across the table... I'm highly suspect of the connector's pins. If production hasn't been putting spacers under that PCB.. I suggest they do so.

In later builts this has been adressen eg the wood where the connector rests is a little lower as the rest. Hope this makes sense.

#1722 14 days ago

jyeakley & ray-dude, Thank you for the response, I figured this out following the support FAQ. I have the 3rd gen board, so it was a simple jump of the 3 & 4 pins, and right back at it! I appreciate the help!

#1723 13 days ago
Quoted from ballzach1:

jyeakley & ray-dude, Thank you for the response, I figured this out following the support FAQ. I have the 3rd gen board, so it was a simple jump of the 3 & 4 pins, and right back at it! I appreciate the help!

This happens to mine every so often. Now that I know what to do it’s not a big deal, but seems kind of odd. Has this glitch been fixed in later builds?

#1724 12 days ago

Found a new “bug” in 1.10 where if you open the coin door and enter the menu while in bowling mode, then close the door, it won’t eject the bowling ball up to the bowler scoop and the game locks. KoenHeltzel

#1725 11 days ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Ok I had some time today to solve my issue the scoop ledge was a little higher than the subway exit into the scoop preventing the ball from rolling into it without enough inertia. Not an issue unless it was 2 balls at the same time. So I grinded off a little bit of the scoop edge that meets the subway exit and worked like a charm! Thanks for all the help![quoted image]

Had exact same issue here. The lip between the subway and the (mystery) scoop trough is fine with one ball - the ball has enough momentum to get over it - but if there’s another ball already in the scoop (in multiball) the second ball will sit behind the lip and get stuck. Rensh this definitely needs to be fixed in production.

#1726 10 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Had exact same issue here. The lip between the subway and the (mystery) scoop trough is fine with one ball - the ball has enough momentum to get over it - but if there’s another ball already in the scoop (in multiball) the second ball will sit behind the lip and get stuck. Rensh this definitely needs to be fixed in production.

I passed this message on already over a week ago to production and it will be addressed in a new run of the scoops. Also mentioning this in a new to come service faq which I am finalizing

#1728 7 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can (and should) fix the static issue around the pins.
Get a spray bottle and make a solution of diluted downy fabric softener 1 part downy to 5 parts water.
Test the solution with a light spray in an inconspicuous area and let dry to make sure it doesn't stain or discolor the carpet.
If that's OK, lightly spray all the carpet where you walk. Should take care of the static for 1-3 months at a time. Repeat as needed.

Mixed up your formula in a spray bottle a few weeks ago and it's fixed my Static issues.... I have had to reapply a few times but it's really dry right now out in west texas.....

#1729 7 days ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

Mixed up your formula in a spray bottle a few weeks ago and it's fixed my Static issues.... I have had to reapply a few times but it's really dry right now out in west texas.....

Yeah, it's not a one and done permanent solution, but if you stay on top of it, no more static problems.

#1730 5 days ago

Rensh Just received my TBL about a week ago and am absolutely thrilled! What amazing work the team at Dutch Pinball has done. It is truly a work of art.

With all of that said, I believe I've discovered a bug. It occurred with code 1.01 and continues with the updated 1.10 version. I select the Bowling Skill Shot, either make the skill shot or just keep the ball on the upper playfield and loop enough to go bowling, and then choose Jesus (7-10 split). When I make the shot (strike!), it has me shoot a second time with no pins showing. I then receive the following score which looks like two scores overlapping each other (pic attached).

[Edit] It also fails the mode. However, when I go bowling again and select Jesus, I am awarded a spare on the first ball knocking down only one pin.

TBL (resized).jpg

#1731 4 days ago

Is there any way to buy game specific boards, ie sound board etc? Are they sold through dutch pinball?

#1732 4 days ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Is there any way to buy game specific boards, ie sound board etc? Are they sold through dutch pinball?

Yes. Sold through DP. Just sent me an email at [email protected]

#1733 4 days ago

I have experienced this as well, but it only happened one time. Not sure what caused it.

Does this happen everytime, or just occasionally?

Quoted from justyn:

Rensh Just received my TBL about a week ago and am absolutely thrilled! What amazing work the team at Dutch Pinball has done. It is truly a work of art.
With all of that said, I believe I've discovered a bug. It occurred with code 1.01 and continues with the updated 1.10 version. I select the Bowling Skill Shot, either make the skill shot or just keep the ball on the upper playfield and loop enough to go bowling, and then choose Jesus (7-10 split). When I make the shot (strike!), it has me shoot a second time with no pins showing. I then receive the following score which looks like two scores overlapping each other (pic attached).
[Edit] It also fails the mode. However, when I go bowling again and select Jesus, I am awarded a spare on the first ball knocking down only one pin.
[quoted image]

#1734 4 days ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I have experienced this as well, but it only happened one time. Not sure what caused it.
Does this happen everytime, or just occasionally?

Just tried the Jesus mode on my TBL just to be 100% sure and works as expected. Also programmer is unaware of an issue with the Jesus mode and if this is standard you would expect a lot more reports.

Can you go into the testmenu and see if in Bowling opto test and see if everything registers as its should?

#1735 4 days ago

I've had it happen, too. I don't remember if it was JUST Jesus bowling though, but I've 100% succeeded on the first shot, game calls out 'Strike' and then the bowling game loads up for another shot, whatever happens happens, it says challenge failed, and the score is sort of written twice in the same bowling frame, overlapping itself.

#1736 4 days ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I've had it happen, too. I don't remember if it was JUST Jesus bowling though, but I've 100% succeeded on the first shot, game calls out 'Strike' and then the bowling game loads up for another shot, whatever happens happens, it says challenge failed, and the score is sort of written twice in the same bowling frame, overlapping itself.

Yeah - so it seems to be happening now more frequently. Strike but it loads a second ball and says failed after shooting the second one. Overlapping scores are shown. The next time I bowl, it seems like I'm shooting the second ball as I often get spare even though I'm accomplishing the challenge on the first ball.

#1737 4 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Just tried the Jesus mode on my TBL just to be 100% sure and works as expected. Also programmer is unaware of an issue with the Jesus mode and if this is standard you would expect a lot more reports.
Can you go into the testmenu and see if in Bowling opto test and see if everything registers as its should?

Happy to test whatever needs to be tested. Ran the Bowling opto test and everything seemed fine. Ball at bottom, ball at top, and opto. Anything else?

[Edit] Update. Happens all the time now. Almost as if the ball counter is off somehow? Started with the Dude and bowled a spare. The next time Bowling the first ball I threw was declared a spare and I was shown the same Bowling frame with two scores overwritten on each other.

#1738 4 days ago
Quoted from justyn:

Happy to test whatever needs to be tested. Ran the Bowling opto test and everything seemed fine. Ball at bottom, ball at top, and opto. Anything else?
[Edit] Update. Happens all the time now. Almost as if the ball counter is off somehow? Started with the Dude and bowled a spare. The next time Bowling the first ball I threw was declared a spare and I was shown the same Bowling frame with two scores overwritten on each other.

Interesting. For sure it’s not a softwarebug as otherwise would see loads of reports on it.

So, suppose the opto is triggering twice would than this happen? Would be interesting to simulate this.

#1739 2 days ago

Recently had the “coin door open” at startup error, F04 and F06 were blown. Noticed my apron light ribbon cable hanging loose, not sure if that’s related. Hot glued that baby on after replacing fuses and making sure everything is working again. Played one game and had a couple weird moments where the flippers seemed to die and the coin door error may have flashed on the screen but it recovered in game. I guess I'm keeping an eye on it for now......

#1740 2 days ago

Can someone post a pic of the placement of the wires attached the interlock switch on the coin door. Pic for reference.

pasted_image (resized).png
#1741 2 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Interesting. For sure it’s not a softwarebug as otherwise would see loads of reports on it.
So, suppose the opto is triggering twice would than this happen? Would be interesting to simulate this.

It's definitely happening every game. It still feels like the "ball count" is off. For example, at first, I would get a strike and it would still give me a second ball and only that ball would count, so my second shot when there were no pins would register 0 and I would fail the challenge (despite ball #1 being a strike).

Now, on my first shot I hit one of the 7-10 split pins for the Jesus challenge and it records a spare and challenge succeeded even though I only threw one ball and hit one pin (other is clearly shown still standing).

Anything else I can do to test this to help diagnose the issue?

#1742 2 days ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Can someone post a pic of the placement of the wires attached the interlock switch on the coin door. Pic for reference.
[quoted image]

Page 6 operational manual

96C22186-C404-44BA-85BA-61FC25E47481 (resized).jpeg
#1743 2 days ago

Thank you. I should have looked their first.

Quoted from Rensh:

Page 6 operational manual
[quoted image]

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Silver Spring, MD
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 210.00
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin Music Plus
Decals
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
There are 1,743 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.