20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg
IMG_3800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2626 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,326 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 47.
#1601 1 year ago

I just got my Lebowski last weekend and now I got an error of rug eos back closed and the machine makes a whirring motor sound. I have less then 50 plays on it, does anyone have an idea on how I can fix this before contacting support.? Any help would be appreciated.

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from theant:

I just got my Lebowski last weekend and now I got an error of rug eos back closed and the machine makes a whirring motor sound. I have less than 50 plays on it, does anyone have an idea on how I can fix this before contacting support.? Any help would be appreciated.

I’d look at the below and send an email to support if you need more guidance.

https://o.pinside.com/4/2d/d5/42dd5b49ac1ad4f2bff0d916d878d34856f14cea.pdf

https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from theant:

I just got my Lebowski last weekend and now I got an error of rug eos back closed and the machine makes a whirring motor sound. I have less then 50 plays on it, does anyone have an idea on how I can fix this before contacting support.? Any help would be appreciated.

Are both of these silver pieces in place at each end of the rolling pin inside of the rug (keeping the pin/rug on track)? One of mine came off in shipping and I had the same issue.

6AA4E242-860B-4B7D-B562-0E3829DDBAD9 (resized).png6AA4E242-860B-4B7D-B562-0E3829DDBAD9 (resized).png
#1604 1 year ago

Paulbaptise and spelunk71 you both rule, it wasn’t missing the washer but on of the switch wires was caught under the rug mechanism, how I don’t know I am now back in business thanks to the support link for the rug. It is people like the both of you which makes pinside so awesome.

#1605 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:Are both of these silver pieces in place at each end of the rolling pin inside of the rug (keeping the pin/rug on track)? One of mine came off in shipping and I had the same issue. [quoted image]

I do not think new games use these…maybe Rens can tell us.

#1606 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I do not think new games use these…maybe Rens can tell us.

I know on the roadmap is to replace these in time with e-clips. Don’t know however if that already has been done.

#1607 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I know on the roadmap is to replace these in time with e-clips. Don’t know however if that already has been done.

Like this?

E503613B-78A4-42C7-9F5A-B9D7652ED822 (resized).jpegE503613B-78A4-42C7-9F5A-B9D7652ED822 (resized).jpeg
#1608 1 year ago

All-
I am looking for some help with new Arch Linux used on TBL. Looking for an Linux “expert” who can help with automount of drives and error.
Maybe you know someone that can help - just ping me.
Thx!

#1609 1 year ago

delt31 Hit up Rensh with that divertor issue here. He’ll get you straightened out.

#1610 1 year ago

I’m having the car fluttering issue, and for some reason the service faq on the Dutch pinball site won’t load. Tried it multiple times now. Can anyone point me to a fix?

#1611 1 year ago

Anyone know how to address issues with the mystery scoop not seeing the ball in there, until I nudge it a few times?

Also, 1.01 code is throwing a test issue, but won't tell me what the issue is...

#1612 1 year ago

Hi all, looking for some insight- I have recently been having a issue with balls being ejectected into shooter lane and not being able to launch ball- like the ball isn’t being recognized in lane. This seems to happen like once every couple of balls. Also has happened in game play during character mode - multiple balls will eject into lane then just hang there. Any help appreciated. Thanks

#1613 1 year ago
Quoted from Komo33:

Hi all, looking for some insight- I have recently been having a issue with balls being ejectected into shooter lane and not being able to launch ball- like the ball isn’t being recognized in lane. This seems to happen like once every couple of balls. Also has happened in game play during character mode - multiple balls will eject into lane then just hang there. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Question here is if the switch is failing which detects the ball in the shooterlane or is the shootercoil itself failing?

Put tbl in switchtest and in coil test and test both components.

Is this an old or newer tbl?

#1614 1 year ago

I purchased machine in April of 2020. I tested switch and coil and both seem to be functioning properly. I also replaced the switch when this started happening.

#1615 1 year ago

Interesting. Next time it happens pls go into switchtest and see if the shooterlane switch is active yes or no. What happens if you just do nothing? Is a search initiated or ?? And if you go into the testmenu looking for the switch, can you go into coilmenu and activate shootercoil?

Let us know.

#1616 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It’s a transparant spacer and not easy to see. You are sure it’s there? The mini ramp on the MPF is what we are talking about? That should be more or less flush with the MPF.
Bowling alley for me is the big assy in the cabinet …

Rensh do you have part number or link for replacement spacers? Both mine seem to be missing and my ramp is sitting slightly under the MPF (very occassionally traps there)

#1617 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Rensh do you have part number or link for replacement spacers? Both mine seem to be missing and my ramp is sitting slightly under the MPF (very occassionally traps there)

Replacement spacers? Are you talking over the entrance of the mini ramp at the MPF?

If so, sent mail to [email protected] including adress and tbl serialno. Can have the spacer posted to you. And otherwise just put a small washer under it to make it level.

#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Replacement spacers? Are you talking over the entrance of the mini ramp at the MPF?
If so, sent mail to [email protected] including adress and tbl serialno. Can have the spacer posted to you. And otherwise just put a small washer under it to make it level.

Thank you. I went back and found some references to this in this thread (thank you). I have the wood-shaped plastic under the MPF plastic ramp (I was looking for plastic washers and missed it...found it with help of photos posted here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/18#post-6602897), but it was still low. Just put some M2.5 washers under the ramp and it is pretty much perfectly flush. Appreciate the help!

#1619 1 year ago

More and more frequently now, I am getting the machine booting up into "Coin Door is open!" Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting? If I have balls removed, and place them in the shooter lane, the auto launch will shoot the balls. All coin door functions are disabled when this condition is in affect. Interlock switch is known good, and no obvious, wiring or connections are damaged.
Thanks all!

#1620 1 year ago

so the switch that indicates that the car is closed. I thought mine was bad, it didn't work during a switch test, so I purchased a new switch and was ready to install it. I went on vacation... came back... and now the old switch is working again. Any ideas on what is going on with it? Cold solder or loose connection? I know others have have replaced the switch... but maybe it's not the switch going bad.

#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I’m having the car fluttering issue, and for some reason the service faq on the Dutch pinball site won’t load. Tried it multiple times now. Can anyone point me to a fix?

There's a switch behind the car that's probably needs to be adjusted. This happened to mine, all I did was take a leaf adjuster to the switch and it fixed the issue.

Quoted from zaphX:

Anyone know how to address issues with the mystery scoop not seeing the ball in there, until I nudge it a few times?
Also, 1.01 code is throwing a test issue, but won't tell me what the issue is...

This happened to me. I cleaned the switch/optos in the area and haven't had a problem since.

Quoted from elcolonel:

More and more frequently now, I am getting the machine booting up into "Coin Door is open!" Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting? If I have balls removed, and place them in the shooter lane, the auto launch will shoot the balls. All coin door functions are disabled when this condition is in affect. Interlock switch is known good, and no obvious, wiring or connections are damaged.
Thanks all!

Check the screws on the switch? Or maybe the housing is broken or has moved, so that when the door closes it doesn't push the switch in all the way? Gotta be something weird like that.

Quoted from NC_Pin:

so the switch that indicates that the car is closed. I thought mine was bad, it didn't work during a switch test, so I purchased a new switch and was ready to install it. I went on vacation... came back... and now the old switch is working again. Any ideas on what is going on with it? Cold solder or loose connection? I know others have have replaced the switch... but maybe it's not the switch going bad.

Uh oh. This is what happened to mine before the big issues started. You can search my post history for the full story, but the culprit for me was a bad mini playfield board. It started with that very switch, then went to a light or two, then all the lights, then the whole thing died.

Keep an eye on that.

#1622 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If it’s for instance a ball in the shooterlane or the scoop upon turning on tbl tells there is an error but also clears the ball. When you open the coindoor it rechecks if there is something in error, doesn’t see the error as ball was cleared and thus doesn’t issue a report anymore.

Could this be the case?

#1623 1 year ago

Does anyone know why when I try to update from v1.00 code to V1.01 I get an error on the game that says "HARD DRIVE SPACE LIMITED PLEASE DELETE AN OLDER VERSION FIRST", which is what I did. Only running v1.00 now and it still will not update. It is an early game.

#1624 1 year ago

Had a player get to dude abides and manage to blow the main 48v fuse with all their play. Guess the coil activity and resistance (from heat) from so much play was too much.

#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Does anyone know why when I try to update from v1.00 code to V1.01 I get an error on the game that says "HARD DRIVE SPACE LIMITED PLEASE DELETE AN OLDER VERSION FIRST", which is what I did. Only running v1.00 now and it still will not update. It is an early game.

Hmm. The early games had a much smaller ssd. Guess thats perhaps only way is to install and go back to 059, del 100 and then update to 101. The amount of code apparently to much.

A new bigger ssd with new OS installed will set you back usd 100 incl shipping. If you wanna go that route sent mail to [email protected] including tbl serialno and shipping adress.

#1626 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Had a player get to dude abides and manage to blow the main 48v fuse with all their play. Guess the coil activity and resistance (from heat) from so much play was too much.

Wow. That’s a new one.

#1627 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hmm. The early games had a much smaller ssd. Guess thats perhaps only way is to install and go back to 059, del 100 and then update to 101. The amount of code apparently to much.

A new bigger ssd with new OS installed will set you back usd 100 incl shipping. If you wanna go that route sent mail to [email protected] including tbl serialno and shipping adress.

Is it anticipated with any future releases that space could become a larger issue for others? I know I had to delete every previous version to get 1.01 on this most recent time but it did work. Just looking ahead

#1628 1 year ago

Just buy a larger SSD ... clone your drive. It is quite easy and Rensh gave earlier in this thread and in the manuals a howto do so with Macrium Reflex.
Otherhand look in the owners thread , there you can get in contact with someone who might write the image for you.

#1629 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Is it anticipated with any future releases that space could become a larger issue for others? I know I had to delete every previous version to get 1.01 on this most recent time but it did work. Just looking ahead

It is expected that future updates will be (a lot) smaller. Was already hoped for with rel 101 but run into a technical difficulty which caused the 101 to still be a big one.

#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

New OS and bigger SSD help a lot. Shoot me a PM if you need help or don't have access to a burner.

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It is expected that future updates will be (a lot) smaller. Was already hoped for with rel 101 but run into a technical difficulty which caused the 101 to still be a big one.

Yes, the download is expected to be smaller, but the assets from 1.00 will still be copied over to the next version, so in practice every installed version will take something like 4,5gb. It's puzzling though that you can't update with only 1 version installed.
Fordiesel69 Do you have some backup data on the disk or maybe the Trash in Ubuntu is full?

#1632 1 year ago

Hello all. I'm sure its mentions this in one of these pages but has anyone had a ball get stuck going up the Jesus ramp. Took tunnel off lower playfield and looks like there are pads right where the ball drops. That pad already has an indention with only about 100 games played. It only happens with a slow shot up the ramp. I am thinking it gets stuck on that pad. Thanks.

#1633 1 year ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello all. I'm sure its mentions this in one of these pages but has anyone had a ball get stuck going up the Jesus ramp. Took tunnel off lower playfield and looks like there are pads right where the ball drops. That pad already has an indention with only about 100 games played. It only happens with a slow shot up the ramp. I am thinking it gets stuck on that pad. Thanks.

Can you post some pictures to show what you exactly mean? And how recent built is your tbl eg a serialnumber helps. Unaware of any pads but perhaps the factory changed something I am unaware of.

#1634 1 year ago

Rensh. Hello. Looks like ball is actually getting stuck in the Vuk and not in the Tunnel. I took a pic of the Tunnel outside as I dont want to take that off again if I dont have to. There are pads on each end of the Y. Obviously no pads on the Vuk. Serial DP-01-679. Very recent build.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#1635 1 year ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Rensh. Hello. Looks like ball is actually getting stuck in the Vuk and not in the Tunnel. I took a pic of the Tunnel outside as I dont want to take that off again if I dont have to. There are pads on each end of the Y. Obviously no pads on the Vuk. Serial DP-01-679. Very recent build.
[quoted image]

The Jesus ramp leads to the VUK to get on MPF. What you are showing here is the subway which has nothing to do with the Jesus ramp.The subway is fed with a shot to end of Dude ramp, when the rug is fully rolled back and from the MPF scoop (left of the cardoor).

So, I am confused. What am I supposed to see here?

#1636 1 year ago

Rensh i searched and couldn't find it.

Even with the BA limiters, I had a pin break. I need to get a new set. Couldn't find them on the website. What do I do?

#1637 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Rensh i searched and couldn't find it.
Even with the BA limiters, I had a pin break. I need to get a new set. Couldn't find them on the website. What do I do?

The usual, sent me an email at [email protected].

You are the first one reporting a broken pin with limiters installed.

#1638 1 year ago

Rensh, The picture was just to show you where the pads were in the Tunnel. Looking more into it the problem it is actually coming from the Donnie shot. Ball getting hung up of course just under the upper playfield. I am thinking maybe a loose washer or something is stopping ball. This happens only on a soft shot. Fast shot it I can feel it is slowing down but there is enough momentum to complete the loop. Is it a pain to remove the upper playfield and take a look at what is going on. Thanks.

#1639 1 year ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Rensh, The picture was just to show you where the pads were in the Tunnel. Looking more into it the problem it is actually coming from the Donnie shot. Ball getting hung up of course just under the upper playfield. I am thinking maybe a loose washer or something is stopping ball. This happens only on a soft shot. Fast shot it I can feel it is slowing down but there is enough momentum to complete the loop. Is it a pain to remove the upper playfield and take a look at what is going on. Thanks.

Could it be ‘hanging’ on the ball gate in the outer loop left of the MPF?

Removing MPF isn’t difficult at all, there are instructions in the service faq.

#1640 1 year ago

Question for folks. My saucer eject seems quite weak (ball sort of dribbles out). When doing a solenoid test, there is a very satisfying whack. During normal play and test, it is much softer

I've amped the strength up the max 30ms and it is better, but nowhere as strong as the solenoid test.

Is this typical? (new TBL owner, doing a bunch of tuning this weekend)

#1641 1 year ago

Bowling alley issue: Direct hits to any bowling pins to the RIGHT SIDE of pin #1 (aka pins 3, 6, 9, and 10) don't register as being hit. The ball must pass by the right side of each pin (or just barely glaze the right side of any given one of them) in order for them them to register. The bowling pins on the LEFT SIDE of pin #1 (aka pins 2, 4, 7 and 8 ) do not have this issue. Those pins register 100% of the time on a direct hit.

It's almost as if the "sensoring/triggering" of hits to all pins in the alley is slightly "shifted" to one side or the other if that makes sense.

BTW, this is a consistent, not intermittent problem which has always been an issue with my bowling alley, nothing new. I'm just becoming more annoyed about it these days since I'm entering bowling mode more often.

I'm guessing it's an optic triggering issue not recognizing direct hits to the pins in question, but I'm not well versed on all the optics. The only optic sensors I know about are those on the left and the right side of the alley. I will say that those optics look to be positioned correctly, but perhaps they are not or something else is causing this?

What should I try to adjust or test to fix this issue?

#1642 1 year ago

Pins don’t register hits… the game calculates the ball path by knowing where the ball cup is pointing when you launch the ball. Sounds like your cup and how it measures it are not aligned.

Have you checked out the service manual on the topic?

#1643 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Pins don’t register hits… the game calculates the ball path by knowing where the ball cup is pointing when you launch the ball. Sounds like your cup and how it measures it are not aligned.
Have you checked out the service manual on the topic?

Of course I reviewed the service FAQ before posting. Unless I'm blind, I don't see an answer or troubleshooting steps for this exact issue. By "ball cup" I assume you mean the bowling lane arm that holds, then launches the ball? "Sounds like your cup and how it measures it are not aligned." --Ok how do I make sure it is? Is there a way to re-calibrate it? I just tried the BOWLING STEPPER test and it just has L/R, no CENTER test. During the L/R test to me it looks like the arm is correctly positioned on during both far LEFT and far RIGHT. If what you're suggesting is that the arm isn't centered when at CENTER, I have no idea how to figure out if it is.

#1644 1 year ago

Hi Tim,

There are 2 settings that influence how the angle is calculated.
Adjustment Menu > Toys > Bowling Left Gutter Ball Possible
Adjustment Menu > Toys > Bowling Right Gutter Ball Possible

Some bowling alley launchers swing slightly more to the left than to the right or vice versa. You can roughly determine if a gutter ball (throwing past the outer pins) is possible, and set the settings accordingly.
If your launcher is centered and swinging symmetrically maybe you can try setting both settings to the same value.

Cheers, Koen

#1645 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Hi Tim,
There are 2 settings that influence how the angle is calculated.
Adjustment Menu > Toys > Bowling Left Gutter Ball Possible
Adjustment Menu > Toys > Bowling Right Gutter Ball Possible
Some bowling alley launchers swing slightly more to the left than to the right or vice versa. You can roughly determine if a gutter ball (throwing past the outer pins) is possible, and set the settings accordingly.
If your launcher is centered and swinging symmetrically maybe you can try setting both settings to the same value.
Cheers, Koen

Thanks. This function is described in the operational manual, I will add it also to the service faq.

#1646 1 year ago

New version service FAQ is on-line. Version 0.69 this time

https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support

#1647 1 year ago

Hey folks - anyone run into this issue?

Seems the "left ball gate" is defaulting to down position. It seems to go up when a ball goes through it by way of the Donnie shot, but because of this issue, the ball doesn't do a full spin around the back.

I tried to see what the issue was but not sure. After first it seemed to be stuck, but then I lifted the playfield and it seemed to be smooth.

I did notice some type of metal above the spring. Not sure if this is an issue. It responds in the test menu, but doesn't default to open like it used to.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Underside:

#1648 1 year ago

It looks to be quite normal and there are a lot of times left ballgate will be closed to guide ball to pop bumpers. Also, if it tests Ok when tested via the testmenu it should indicate it works fine.

If you hold left flipper when launching ball it should open and allow ball to pass to make rug skill shot, does it do that? In the video I see it looks like you are making here the Maude skillshot in which case it’s 100% normal that left ballgate is closed.

#1649 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It looks to be quite normal and there are a lot of times left ballgate will be closed to guide ball to pop bumpers. Also, if it tests Ok when tested via the testmenu it should indicate it works fine.
If you hold left flipper when launching ball it should open and allow ball to pass to make rug skill shot, does it do that? In the video I see it looks like you are making here the Maude skillshot in which case it’s 100% normal that left ballgate is closed.

Ok - wow - total brain fart - yeah left button hold it passes to make the rug shot. I'm not sure why but it did seem to be stuck earlier, but having moved it with my hand it's no longer stuck, and seems to be operating as expected.

I'll keep an eye on it, but thanks for the quick response! I f'in love this game!!

#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Ok - wow - total brain fart - yeah left button hold it passes to make the rug shot. I'm not sure why but it did seem to be stuck earlier, but having moved it with my hand it's no longer stuck, and seems to be operating as expected.
I'll keep an eye on it, but thanks for the quick response! I f'in love this game!!

No worries, glad to have been of service and perhaps it was mechanical jammed and your hand ‘unjammed’ it.

Anyway, keep an eye on it and happy flipping!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 22.50
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 2,326 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.