1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 47.
#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Over the past few weeks, I’ve noticed screws/washers of various types in the bottom of the cabinet—maybe six or so in total. I can’t see anyplace on top of or under the playfield where these are missing. Any ideas where they may be coming from?
[quoted image]

So I think I figured out where this hardware came from. When I lifted the playfield the other day, the kickback coil assembly under the apron behind the left outlane fell out. It was just sitting there with nothing holding it in place.

I never found any locknuts in the cabinet with the loose screws, so I’m guessing they just placed the screws in the assembly at the factory but never secured it. Luckily I had the right hardware on hand to put it back together properly. Various other pieces were also loose when my game arrived a few months ago. Maybe mine was a fluke, but it’s probably a good idea to go over everything at first so stuff doesn’t end up flying around.

#1152 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I asked. Only way is to buy new HD with new OS which is supposed to support all PC motherboards they have used (drivers, etc).

Maybe a new owner could create and share a drive image for us? I'm curious to see if it fixes that static audio issue that happens when you have the game on for a while since it seems like that could be a driver problem.

#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Maybe a new owner could create and share a drive image for us? I'm curious to see if it fixes that static audio issue that happens when you have the game on for a while since it seems like that could be a driver problem.

I tried a new audio cable as Rens suggested. It seemed to work great for the first few games, but then the sound issue came back. When I turn the machine off and on again the problem resolves—for a while. Is this a known issue with the old hard drive/OS?

#1154 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I tried a new audio cable as Rens suggested. It seemed to work great for the first few games, but then the sound issue came back. When I turn the machine off and on again the problem resolves—for a while. Is this a known issue with the old hard drive/OS?

Based on your description I doubt this is an OS issue.

#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I asked. Only way is to buy new HD with new OS which is supposed to support all PC motherboards they have used (drivers, etc).

If upgrading ones' existing HD to the new OS isn't a thing, then IMHO DP should provide a new image file with the new OS that one can clone to the same or a new HD. Right?

#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

If upgrading ones' existing HD to the new OS isn't a thing, then IMHO DP should provide a new image file with the new OS that one can clone to the same or a new HD. Right?

I offer the original OS hard drive and will very soon offer the new hard drive in my listing…..

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “I am selling a number of mods for TBL. 1. Doobie (Joint) Mod: $45 2. Decal stickers: $45 3. Left ramp clip: $15 (this one is a must install in my experience) 4. Spare back...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 13195 times

#1157 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I know a handful of people have seen it now. And it is possible that running modified music may cause it to happen sooner if it is a memory/resource related issue. The fact that rebooting fixes it is telling. I've never tried to see how long it takes to show up, and if there's a difference between just sitting in attract vs. playing.

#1158 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Rens said they didn't want to deal with the support of people re-imaging. But I'd be willing to sign some I agree to assume all risk disclaimer.

It would be as simple as buying a replacement drive (I bought the exact model of my drive for $25), writing the image to it with Macrium Reflect (free - Rens has instructions in the support guide), and swapping the drives. The original would be your backup just in case.

#1159 1 year ago

Finally Good news about the music bug

https://dutchpinball.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/tbl-102

Will it be THE solution we all are hoping for? Time will tell but KoenHeltzel : nice work !!

For those asking when new release with this fix is to be expected. It will be ready when ready.

A48347F0-EAEB-4D12-BBA9-92B8813B0C1B (resized).pngA48347F0-EAEB-4D12-BBA9-92B8813B0C1B (resized).png
#1160 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I think I know what’s happening here. The upper ‘lip’ of the inlet needs to be bent up a little. The gap is slightly to narrow for the ball. To do this you have to remove the roof and walls. Than you can bent the upper lip with a plier upwards. This should take care of your problem. Relative easy fix. While the roof and walls are removed check at same time the gap setting of the two red targets. They should be trigger happy to get best working of the car.
You can see hopefully what I mean on enclosed picture. The scoop is mounted to the right of the red targets and you can see the upper lip which you have to bent upwards just a little
You will need thorx screwdriver to remove the walls and metric Allen set to remove the roof. [quoted image]

Thanks foe the fix. Mine just came this way.

#1161 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Thanks foe the fix. Mine just came this way.

Is this a brand new unit? Which serialnumber is it? Than I can inform factory to double check on this to prevent it happening again.

#1162 1 year ago

Just played a handful of games after a couple months break. The machine repeatedly gave off a faint high pitch buzz which preceded loss of control power and a frozen screen. After a few seconds it went back to normal. This happens over and over now…Has this been addressed before? Thanks

#1163 1 year ago
Quoted from hefel-be:

Just played a handful of games after a couple months break. The machine repeatedly gave off a faint high pitch buzz which preceded loss of control power and a frozen screen. After a few seconds it went back to normal. This happens over and over now…Has this been addressed before? Thanks

This sounds new to me. Can you make a video and report it to [email protected] incl tbl serial number?

After making the video, are you running latest release firmware 058 and pls reseat also all usb cables. Incl the one below playfield to the Proc. Does this help?

#1164 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This sounds new to me. Can you make a video and report it to [email protected] incl tbl serial number?
After making the video, are you running latest release firmware 058 and pls reseat also all usb cables. Incl the one below playfield to the Proc. Does this help?

Thanks for the quick reply. Will send the video and follow up. I was running 056.

#1165 1 year ago

I have one of the new hard drives with the new software from dutch pinball. They had to send me one when my old one couldn't access the OS behind the scenes.

#1166 1 year ago
Quoted from hefel-be:Thanks for the quick reply. Will send the video and follow up. I was running 056.

Will have a look at the video but if it is 056, 057 had a bug fix against the high pitched sound coming from the bowling alley stepper.

So, upgrading to current release 058 is for sure a first step.

You can download documents and new software from https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support.php

Try it out and let us know the results.

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have one of the new hard drives with the new software from dutch pinball. They had to send me one when my old one couldn't access the OS behind the scenes.

Would you be willing to create an image of it using Macrium Reflect or HDD Raw Copy Tool and share it? If so, I can PM you a google drive link to copy it to. I would share it there for others that want to use it to fix the "system problem detected" messages and maybe the static sound issue.

#1168 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Would you be willing to create an image of it using Macrium Reflect or HDD Raw Copy Tool and share it? If so, I can PM you a google drive link to copy it to. I would share it there for others that want to use it to fix the "system problem detected" messages and maybe the static sound issue.

Would you post a link to the hard drive we’d need to order for the installation?

#1169 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Would you post a link to the hard drive we’d need to order for the installation?

This is an exact replacement for the original drive in mine: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0722XPTL6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

They could use different models, and just about any SATA III SSD drive will work. I've used a 10 year old drive I had lying around when I was testing music updates and it worked fine.

#1170 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

If I knew what the hell you just said. I'm right over the IL boarder. If you are close, you could stop over and show me hows it's done.

#1171 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If I knew what the hell you just said. I'm right over the IL boarder. If you are close, you could stop over and show me hows it's done.

Close, but not that close

Here's some instructions if anybody wants to give creating a backup image with HDD Raw Copy Tool a go.

TBL_Backup_Image_Instructions.pdfTBL_Backup_Image_Instructions.pdf
#1172 1 year ago

Here is my current bowling pin spacer fix for those who are using 5/16 rubber rings. This seems to be working really good so far. The duct-tape on the sides of the rings creates a bit of extra space and stops the solenoid just a bit sooner and seems to add more durability to the rings.

20220512_103930 (resized).jpg20220512_103930 (resized).jpg20220512_103944 (resized).jpg20220512_103944 (resized).jpg20220512_104857 (resized).jpg20220512_104857 (resized).jpg
#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Is this a brand new unit? Which serialnumber is it? Than I can inform factory to double check on this to prevent it happening again.

DP-01-00675

I Also got a problem with when the ball goes down into rug mode or down the lets go bowling lane it just sits down there and I eventually have to shut the game off and on to get it to come back.

And a 2in bubble in the side art. Cointaker just said "file a claim with dutch". No idea where to do that. Not impressed with Cointaker that's for sure...

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

And a 2in bubble in the side art. Cointaker just said "file a claim with dutch". No idea where to do that. Not impressed with Cointaker that's for sure...

That is not a way to deal with a customer from cointaker. You ever thought why this firm is called "cointaker"
Is it so complicated to search google for Dutch Pinball ? I will help you:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/support.php

Workaround:
Take a injection needle and make 1 small hole in the bubble. Press gently the air out of the bubble. Done. If you use a medical, small needle you will not see the hole in the artwork.

#1175 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

DP-01-00675
I Also got a problem with when the ball goes down into rug mode or down the lets go bowling lane it just sits down there and I eventually have to shut the game off and on to get it to come back.

Sent an email to [email protected] mentioning the issue(s) incl picture(s) in this case and your tbl serialnumber and we take it from there.

And in the bubble case, Tom’s advise is a good one (thanks Tom).

Support faq, manual, register your game, etc can all be done here https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support.php

#1176 1 year ago

If I hold the right flipper and launch the ball it just goes about 1.5 ft and falls back down. If I hold the left flipper for rug skill shot it works just fine. Any ideas? One last coin taker complaint; I paid for art blades 2 months ago and still haven't got them. Not the worst since I've had to tweak it so much I might have accidentally slashed them by now. LOVE the game

#1177 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

If I hold the right flipper and launch the ball it just goes about 1.5 ft and falls back down. If I hold the left flipper for rug skill shot it works just fine. Any ideas? One last coin taker complaint; I paid for art blades 2 months ago and still haven't got them. Not the worst since I've had to tweak it so much I might have accidentally slashed them by now. LOVE the game

We had a little trouble with plunger power like you're describing and it turned out to be the mounting of the plunger coil to the game wasn't perfectly aligned with the shooter lane centerline. The misalignment caused a little rattle that was hard to perceive but was taking some of the energy out of the plunge. Would be worth a check.

#1178 1 year ago

but then, why would his rug skill shot work fine. It's a much longer plunge to the left orbit, than to the upper playfield.

#1179 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Check if the right flipper is interfering with the ball launch since they are very close together.

#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but then, why would his rug skill shot work fine. It's a much longer plunge to the left orbit, than to the upper playfield.

We had similar symptom - the plunge strength is intentionally lower on the Bowling skill shot. I'd just take a look - it's an easy thing to check and adjust if off.

#1181 1 year ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

We had similar symptom - the plunge strength is intentionally lower on the Bowling skill shot. I'd just take a look - it's an easy thing to check and adjust if off.

The strength indeed depends on which shot to make. The bowling skill shot thus has lower strength as the rug skill shot at it requires a full loop versus less than half a loop of the bowling skill shot.

#1182 1 year ago

I installed the Cliffy on the saucer, which seems to work well except for one thing: Ever since I installed it, I get stuck balls sometimes behind the saucer. I’m guessing the Cliffy can give the ball some lift on a hard shot which lodges it there. Any ideas how to close off that area to avoid the stuck balls?

#1183 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I installed the Cliffy on the saucer, which seems to work well except for one thing: Ever since I installed it, I get stuck balls sometimes behind the saucer. I’m guessing the Cliffy can give the ball some lift on a hard shot which lodges it there. Any ideas how to close off that area to avoid the stuck balls?

I was planning on installing the scoop cliffy having just received mine. Where exactly are you experiencing stuck balls?

#1184 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I was planning on installing the scoop cliffy having just received mine. Where exactly are you experiencing stuck balls?

It’s tough to get the camera in there, but the balls sometimes get stuck in the area behind the left saucer, underneath the blue plastic/flasher. A post in that area would solve the problem, but I’m not sure how to do that without drilling a hole which I don’t want to do.

223C1051-6C9F-4CB1-B9BD-CDBFF475F217 (resized).jpeg223C1051-6C9F-4CB1-B9BD-CDBFF475F217 (resized).jpeg
#1185 1 year ago

Is there any way to check on my pre-order from Cointaker? Just a rough timeline - where I am relatively in line? Just wondering when I need to have room for another pin so I can plan....

#1186 1 year ago

Rensh - I have a current build and just confirmed the pinball life 5/16 rubber o rings won't work as a proper bowling pin limiter. That said, I don't have access to a 3d printer and curious if DP will provide me a set of the approved limiters? If so, how do I obtain them?

#1187 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

It’s tough to get the camera in there, but the balls sometimes get stuck in the area behind the left saucer, underneath the blue plastic/flasher. A post in that area would solve the problem, but I’m not sure how to do that without drilling a hole which I don’t want to do.[quoted image]

In case anyone else has this issue, I think I solved it by just putting an extra pinball back there and securing it to the metal side rails with 3M tape. It’s not visible and takes up the space where a ball in play can get stuck.

#1188 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

In case anyone else has this issue, I think I solved it by just putting an extra pinball back there and securing it to the metal side rails with 3M tape. It’s not visible and takes up the space where a ball in play can get stuck.

Other option is Mylar piece installed onto playfield in space behind cliffy; therefore building up playfield height to equal height of cliffy.

#1189 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

It’s tough to get the camera in there, but the balls sometimes get stuck in the area behind the left saucer, underneath the blue plastic/flasher. A post in that area would solve the problem, but I’m not sure how to do that without drilling a hole which I don’t want to do.[quoted image]

Here is a picture of mine with like 900 plays on it. You see only some minor damage at the other end of the saucer. Wouldn’t worry to much about damage there. It’s totally out of sight anyway.

Can imagine that with a slow ball, it’s a low speed area, the ball will indeed get hung up at the edge of the cliffy.

BE362B44-13C6-40FB-A252-A62066340881 (resized).jpegBE362B44-13C6-40FB-A252-A62066340881 (resized).jpeg
#1190 1 year ago

pretty consistent with 13-14 months from order date. that should give you a ballpark.

Quoted from justyn:

Is there any way to check on my pre-order from Cointaker? Just a rough timeline - where I am relatively in line? Just wondering when I need to have room for another pin so I can plan....

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Mine was doing the same, I stuck a little paper towel shoved in for a quick fix but I like your idea better.

1 week later
#1192 1 year ago

Game is not responsive during play, have to reboot. This was happening infrequently but now every game.

During the Nihilist mode and the 3 ball dude lock mode the game becomes unresponsive. after I hit several targets and or ramps nothing registers on the playfield. top targets, scoops etc stop working, ball drains and I have to reboot to fix. no errors during boot up.

I run a switch test and see the following which I think is normal indicating balls are in the troughs and bowling alley. Is this the sensitive switch issues?

IMG_2549 (resized).jpgIMG_2549 (resized).jpg
#1193 1 year ago

I just got a switch error from the test report stating "MPF Scoop (stuck closed)." When I go to the switch test, the MPF Scoop is listed which I don't think is correct. I looked at the manual but having trouble figuring out what switch this is referring to and how to access it to adjust it.

Also, and this may be unrelated, but I recently started having a fair amount of shots around the upper playfield loop not register. I have checked those switches and they are all fine, this includes me running 30 balls through it in test to see which switches are registering....that is perfect.

Thanks!

#1194 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I just got a switch error from the test report stating "MPF Scoop (stuck closed)." When I go to the switch test, the MPF Scoop is listed which I don't think is correct. I looked at the manual but having trouble figuring out what switch this is referring to and how to access it to adjust it.
Also, and this may be unrelated, but I recently started having a fair amount of shots around the upper playfield loop not register. I have checked those switches and they are all fine, this includes me running 30 balls through it in test to see which switches are registering....that is perfect.
Thanks!

I think you are referring to the opto which are at the bottom of the scoop you can shoot at the MPF. And as you are also having an issue with a switch on the mpf make sure the flatcable is properly inserted. You can remove the backpanel for easy access to that flatcable. See service faq.

If you have an old built these opto’s are not powered from the mpf, think current builts are.

In any case, set in switch test and throw a ball in there and see if it triggers a mpf scoop switch

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I think you are referring to the opto which are at the bottom of the scoop you can shoot at the MPF. And as you are also having an issue with a switch on the mpf make sure the flatcable is properly inserted. You can remove the backpanel for easy access to that flatcable. See service faq.
If you have an old built these opto’s are not powered from the mpf, think current builts are.
In any case, set in switch test and throw a ball in there and see if it triggers a mpf scoop switch

I have a newer build and was able to fix/adjust the switch in the loop which fixed the loop not registering...unrelated problem so it seems.

The MPF Scoop is not registering. I can qualify bowling or a car mode, then hit the scoop and nothing happens. I'll take a look at the service faq and check that cable

#1196 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I have a newer build and was able to fix/adjust the switch in the loop which fixed the loop not registering...unrelated problem so it seems.
The MPF Scoop is not registering. I can qualify bowling or a car mode, then hit the scoop and nothing happens. I'll take a look at the service faq and check that cable

I followed up via email to dutch support, but I did remove the back panel and checked the flat ribbon cable (it was fine) but even reseated it and the problem didn't go away.

#1197 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Saw your email but you didn’t specify your serialno.

Anyway, knowing flatcable is fine I am afraid the MPF has to come off (nothing to be scared off, current built are much easier as old builds, it’s like a 10-15 minutes job) to see if the Wires to the opto are still properly in place. Perhaps one soldering has come off or the connector has come loose. Check that.

#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Saw your email but you didn’t specify your serialno.
Anyway, knowing flatcable is fine I am afraid the MPF has to come off (nothing to be scared off, current built are much easier as old builds, it’s like a 10-15 minutes job) to see if the Wires to the opto are still properly in place. Perhaps one soldering has come off or the connector has come loose. Check that.

With the back panel out, I have a pretty good look at that opto pair and it doesn't look like those wires, on either side, have come loose. If I get the MPF out and the wires seem fine, would you suspect that the opto pair went bad? Can you tell me where, on what board, do those optos plug in so I can check that connection?

#1199 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

With the back panel out, I have a pretty good look at that opto pair and it doesn't look like those wires, on either side, have come loose. If I get the MPF out and the wires seem fine, would you suspect that the opto pair went bad? Can you tell me where, on what board, do those optos plug in so I can check that connection?

A serialno would be nice to be of better service.

First builds had the wires going to the MMB. Newer builds have the wires going to the PCB below the MPF and their signals run over the big flatcable as far as I know. Perhaps a screw has come loose and they aren't properly aligned anymore?

#1200 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

A serialno would be nice to be of better service.
First builds had the wires going to the MMB. Newer builds have the wires going to the PCB below the MPF and their signals run over the big flatcable as far as I know. Perhaps a screw has come loose and they aren't properly aligned anymore?

I had mentioned that I have a newer build, but my serial number is DP-01-00595. I will unfortunately disassemble the MPF and check the optos and their wiring more closely. I have already checked their alignment and they look perfectly centered and in position. I was wondering if perhaps something came loose on the PCB under the playfield which I'll only be able to see once the thing is removed.

The flat cable is firmly seated on both sides and I did reseat both sides but that didn't solve the issue.

I'll take pics of these components and provide via the support email if I'm still unable to solve the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/24?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.