• 63 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by sd_tom
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190112_234530 (resized).jpg
20190103_011610 (resized).jpg
20181231_221733 (resized).jpg
20181231_004502 (resized).jpg
20181231_004422 (resized).jpg
20181231_004356 (resized).jpg
20181231_004307 (resized).jpg
ZZZZ1 PROC (2) (resized).jpg
20180529_053735 (resized).jpg
fuses (resized).jpg
20180528_103911 (resized).jpg
capnuts (resized).PNG

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 56 days ago

this thread is for the 50ish people that do have games. go over to any of the other TBL threads to talk about future builds.

#52 56 days ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I can grab some photos of the underside of the playfield. I'll also update this thread with the part numbers for the transistor and leds used on the boards when I have a chance.

Just stumbled across this thread. Really great info. Very sad to see the mold and corrosion on your game. Makes a guy wonder what those 40 sitting on their asses at ARA are looking like now days.

Not sure if you found the LED's yet. But, these are a direct replacement. I had 2 of them out on my game.

Mouser Electronics. The part number is: CLP6B-MKW-CB0E0133.

Brian

#53 56 days ago

Someone earlier mentioned an owners forum - did that happen - really appreciate all the info here. Mine is on route and has had a ton of play and we're going to be rebuilding a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed up after so long getting beat up by the public. Thanks! Will update some of the info of things we've found too. Since there's no 'games played' audit all I have is the standard stuff you all get in the reports but did connect it online for a bit where it does actually track games played but haven't had it online for a while and re-connecting it didn't update (assuming something at DP isn't working for that potentially?)

#54 56 days ago
Quoted from genex:

Someone earlier mentioned an owners forum - did that happen - really appreciate all the info here. Mine is on route and has had a ton of play and we're going to be rebuilding a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed up after so long getting beat up by the public. Thanks! Will update some of the info of things we've found too. Since there's no 'games played' audit all I have is the standard stuff you all get in the reports but did connect it online for a bit where it does actually track games played but haven't had it online for a while and re-connecting it didn't update (assuming something at DP isn't working for that potentially?)

Not asking for numbers but I would Guess TBL does incredible on route! I know I wouldn't be able to pass it without playing and the cult following for the movie is rather large. Congrats for sharing such a rare title.

#55 56 days ago
Quoted from genex:

Someone earlier mentioned an owners forum - did that happen -

yep, talk to pinhead1982

#56 56 days ago

Here are the starlock caps for the shaft of the rug. They are a pain in the ass to install. But, come in handy if you need to replace the rig decal.

From eBay. The part number is: 263775512921. Item description is: 16X10mm Starlock axle hub.

I also cup down and tapered a Williams flipper bushing to mount on the bottom of the mini playfileld. The bushing DP used was not the best and you could start to see slight wear on the mini playfileld from the flipper sliding on it. The mini playfileld is already dimpled for the Williams style bushing, so it just seemed like the logical change. It did take some work so it didn't bind being the flipper mexh is below the main playfield.

Brian

#57 55 days ago

Quick update on progress:

Cleaned everything with mold killer after disassembly, painted with mold killing primer, and top coated with some black. It looks terrible in the picture, but actually nice in reality...

The bowling alley wasn't too bad, so just a quick cleaning and re-installation for now. Currently trying to get my rug stepper motor to function at 100% After that, I'm planning on doing a full year down to re-plate all the parts under the playfield and in the cabinet.

20181231_221733 (resized).jpg20190103_011610 (resized).jpg20190112_234530 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#58 17 days ago

We think the motor in the bowling alley on mine is burned out.
Anyone know if that is for sale somewhere?

#59 16 days ago

the launcher motor? its a stepper motor, nothing fancy can get a lot of places. see if there is any labeling on it.

also, stepper motors rarely burn out, so doubt that is even the issue. what are symptoms? is it stuttering? the most common thing with that is here: http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=150

#60 16 days ago

The thing that drops the ball on the bowling alley sticks and jumps around.
It doesn't scroll smoothly back and forth like it used to.

#61 16 days ago
Quoted from pyramidschemebar:

We think the motor in the bowling alley on mine is burned out.
Anyone know if that is for sale somewhere?

If it’s jerky then you need to take off the orange piece and re glue it on.

#62 16 days ago

We already did that. Also the light in the lower play field is on all of the time instead of just coming on when it is active.

#63 16 days ago

try running it without the orange piece installed and see if its smooth or not.

the bowling alley lighting is mounted to the big playfield pcb above. is it stuck on a particular color (those are RGB) or white?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
25,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spanish Fork, UT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
19,900 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Morgan Hill, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside