1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 47.
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

There is a newer, hopefully less fragile version of the pins available from DP, but I'm going to try the epoxy repair/reinforcement too to see how it holds up.

Seems to work well as my (E6000) glue repaired/reinforced pins have held up over the 5 months since I made the fix and mentioned them in response to timlah79 's pin breakage post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/13#post-6309034

#852 2 years ago

dup

#853 2 years ago

I uploaded a new version of the service faq at

https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support.php

Earlier posted Dropbox links will continue to work by the way.

#854 2 years ago

Problem and solution ... and a question:

A friends new TBL made bad noises on the rug mechanism. A scratching metal noise.
Today I checked it and found that the shaft is very loose in the lower guide.
I bend the guide and it is okay ... for the next time.

But .. is this correct ?

657364e9-5abd-47a3-9877-7ff497883185 (resized).jpg657364e9-5abd-47a3-9877-7ff497883185 (resized).jpg7190ffe7-9acb-474a-8e91-610fa51c042b (resized).jpg7190ffe7-9acb-474a-8e91-610fa51c042b (resized).jpg
#855 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Problem and solution ... and a question:
A friends new TBL made bad noises on the rug mechanism. A scratching metal noise.
Today I checked it and found that the shaft is very loose in the lower guide.
I bend the guide and it is okay ... for the next time.
But .. is this correct ?[quoted image][quoted image]

Shaft loose in the lower guide is normal. No worries.

#856 2 years ago

E.A. #66 here.... My Subwoofer is still turning off during game play....
I tried unpluging and re-pluging USB cable on soundboard and on the other end... no change.
Bought a new USB cable today and connected it up... No change... made it too second game first ball.... Sub out....

I now am leaving back glass off..... when the Sub cuts off a simple unplug and replug on either end of cable immediately fixes the Sub....

Very, very, annoying....
Any ideas??

#857 2 years ago

I noticed that I get frequent ball hang-ups on the mini playfield where the plastic 'loop ramp' meets the wood. I've tried adjusting the screws, but it seems I can't make this area flush. In reviewing some previously posted pictures of other machines, it seems I'm missing the ramp flap. Was this addressed in fairly recent builds (July 2021) like my game with a different design, or should I work to obtain a proper ramp flap? Picture below:

bl1 (resized).jpegbl1 (resized).jpeg
#858 2 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

I noticed that I get frequent ball hang-ups on the mini playfield where the plastic 'loop ramp' meets the wood. I've tried adjusting the screws, but it seems I can't make this area flush. In reviewing some previously posted pictures of other machines, it seems I'm missing the ramp flap. Was this addressed in fairly recent builds (July 2021) like my game with a different design, or should I work to obtain a proper ramp flap? Picture below:[quoted image]

They used to have metal ramp flaps.
I would ping DP or Rens. I have seen others complain too. DP should add back the flap - not sure why they took out.

#859 2 years ago

I took a small piece of mylar on all this nasty screws, also on the Dude-ramp.
All the clear ramps are missing a sink for the screwhead. If the ramps would be thicker material I would drill a sink, but they are too fine for doing so.

#860 2 years ago

I noticed that I get frequent ball hang-ups on the mini playfield where the plastic 'loop ramp' meets the wood. I've tried adjusting the screws, but it seems I can't make this area flush. In reviewing some previously posted pictures of other machines, it seems I'm missing the ramp flap. Was this addressed in fairly recent builds (July 2021) like my game with a different design, or should I work to obtain a proper ramp flap? Picture below:[quoted image]

Only older builds have a rampflap.

The end is supposed to be flush, is it to low or to high? If to low, there should be a plastic transparant spacer below it to bring it to proper height. Is this perhaps missing?

I have currently also a Mpf with same design eg without rampflap. In a few months of playing I still have to see the first ball holdup there so it can be done.

The other complaints cpr9999 is talking about were, to the best of my knowledge, not for this position.

#861 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Only older builds have a rampflap.
The end is supposed to be flush, is it to low or to high? If to low, there should be a plastic transparant spacer below it to bring it to proper height. Is this perhaps missing?
I have currently also a Mpf with same design eg without rampflap. In a few months of playing I still have to see the first ball holdup there so it can be done.
The other complaints cpr9999 is talking about were, to the best of my knowledge, not for this position.

The ramp is lower than the wood. I don’t see any spacers, but I suppose I can figure out a solution without them. It’s minor, just wanted to ensure I wasn’t missing a ramp flap.

#862 2 years ago

The ramp is lower than the wood. I don’t see any spacers, but I suppose I can figure out a solution without them. It’s minor, just wanted to ensure I wasn’t missing a ramp flap.

The spacer is a piece of transparant plastic in the shape of the blank wood so isn’t very obvious to see.

See attached picture where you can see the edge of the plastic spacer. Let me know if it’s there or really not. Thnx.

7530FCB8-B81C-4A24-B1AC-B552B9B50DA9 (resized).jpeg7530FCB8-B81C-4A24-B1AC-B552B9B50DA9 (resized).jpeg
#863 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

The spacer is a piece of transparant plastic in the shape of the blank wood so isn’t very obvious to see.
See attached picture where you can see the edge of the plastic spacer. Let me know if it’s there or really not. Thnx. [quoted image]

Quoted from Rensh:

See attached picture where you can see the edge of the plastic spacer. Let me know if it’s there or really not. Thnx. [quoted image]

No plastic spacer on mine. There must be a less elegant solution as I wouldn’t want to bother and inconvenience the team to ship out such a small part to the US. I will brainstorm!

#864 2 years ago

No plastic spacer on mine. There must be a less elegant solution as I wouldn’t want to bother and inconvenience the team to ship out such a small part to the US. I will brainstorm!

Sorry for this but if you sent your adress and TBL sn to [email protected] no problem to mail it out to you.

Inconvenience of those who made an error should not be your concern although it’s appreciated ofcourse.

#865 2 years ago

Whelp, airball after airball off of the LOCK and LIGHT targets and last night it finally didn’t get stuck amongst my ModCouple bowling balls in the Brunswick ball return (always a fun glass-off exercise during a game). This time it KNOCKED ONE LOOSE and it entered the playfield.

I avoided the urge to play that ball and it drained into the trough.

After my ball ended, naturally the game freaked out seeing 6 balls installed.

Anyway, that was the final straw. I took both white targets out and bent the main support in the back so they angle slightly down. Of course that then necessitated adjusting the leaves appropriately.

Before I adjusted the back support of the target, they WERE bent back and angled upwards. Not sure if it was a bad batch or what, because from what I’ve read, new machines have sturdier targets. Hoping the metal isn’t weaker now and going to return back to being angled up after being hit.

A quick thank you to the design of the machine, removing targets is SO NICE AND EASY with them clipped in individually. No cutting, desoldering, or having to work on them while dangling over the cabinet.

Ran a few test games and tried to hammer those two targets hard and the results seemed great. Very minimal airballs. Nothing near far enough to reach the Brunswick ball return. Slight airballs up around the ramp entrance. Ended up with a 25M game. Amazing what happens when you don’t have to unstick a ball during the game!

Pic is the ModCouple ball in action in the drain trough lol

B5F1857E-5118-4066-B258-0AF7257309A6 (resized).jpegB5F1857E-5118-4066-B258-0AF7257309A6 (resized).jpeg
#866 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Whelp, airball after airball off of the LOCK and LIGHT targets and last night it finally didn’t get stuck amongst my ModCouple bowling balls in the Brunswick ball return (always a fun glass-off exercise during a game). This time it KNOCKED ONE LOOSE and it entered the playfield.
Anyway, that was the final straw. I took both white targets out and bent the main support in the back so they angle slightly down. Of course that then necessitated adjusting the leaves appropriately.
Before I adjusted the back support of the target, they WERE bent back and angled upwards. Not sure if it was a bad batch or what, because from what I’ve read, new machines have sturdier targets. Hoping the metal isn’t weaker now and going to return back to being angled up after being hit.
A quick thank you to the design of the machine, removing targets is SO NICE AND EASY with them clipped in individually. No cutting, desoldering, or having to work on them while dangling over the cabinet.
Ran a few test games and tried to hammer those two targets hard and the results seemed great. Very minimal airballs. Nothing near far enough to reach the Brunswick ball return. Slight airballs up around the ramp entrance. Ended up with a 25M game. Amazing what happens when you don’t have to unstick a ball during the game!
Pic is the ModCouple ball in action in the drain trough lol [quoted image]

Sorry to read about your issue and also interesting to read this.

Since the change to the last design quite some time ago the complaints are really minimal.

Let’s see if the bent back targets hold up in the coming weeks.

And thanks for the compliment. Will pass it to the factory. Almost everything is with a connector making it as easy as possible.

#867 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Pic is the ModCouple ball in action in the drain trough lol [quoted image]

What do the back of the targets look like, specifically the long metal bracket.

Maybe you got an old batch of targets. The back, rectangular metal piece would bend back easily.

#868 2 years ago

Hi!
Anyone have a solution for music/sound disappearing on RUG modes(2nd from top) to be exact?
Sound resumes after mode.
Any suggestions?

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Hi!
Anyone have a solution for music/sound disappearing on RUG modes(2nd from top) to be exact?
Sound resumes after mode.
Any suggestions?

Hi, it's a known bug that is being tracked but because there is so far no way to 100% reproduce it (and there is no obvious cause looking at the code) it is a hard one to crack.
https://dutchpinball.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/tbl-102

#870 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Hi, it's a known bug that is being tracked but because there is so far no way to 100% reproduce it (and there is no obvious cause looking at the code) it is a hard one to crack.
https://dutchpinball.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/tbl-102

If we see an issue like this, is there a way for us to dump state or stats and help with root-cause debug?

#871 2 years ago

My bad if I missed this... Yesterday I noticed my TBL won't start a game and opening the coin door does nothing, can't even get into the menu. Game boots fine, attract mode is fine, just can't start a game or get into the menu. Started looking at fuses under the playfield and while I get the silk screen showing sizes, where can I find what I need for F04 and F06? I checked pinball life and can't seem to find the right amperage unless I'm just blind...

Thanks!!!

Jeff

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

My bad if I missed this... Yesterday I noticed my TBL won't start a game and opening the coin door does nothing, can't even get into the menu. Game boots fine, attract mode is fine, just can't start a game or get into the menu. Started looking at fuses under the playfield and while I get the silk screen showing sizes, where can I find what I need for F04 and F06? I checked pinball life and can't seem to find the right amperage unless I'm just blind...
Thanks!!!
Jeff

Jeff!

I'm in the exact same boat. Randomly happened to me on Saturday. Been stuck that way ever since. Granted i was having some intermittent Right flipper issues before, but now I think they are both connected. Let me know how you get a long because my game is unplayable as well.

Nick

#873 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thanks!!!
Jeff

See fuse info in the correct section at my faq downloadable at https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support.php

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Jeff!
I'm in the exact same boat. Randomly happened to me on Saturday. Been stuck that way ever since. Granted i was having some intermittent Right flipper issues before, but now I think they are both connected. Let me know how you get a long because my game is unplayable as well.
Nick

Dear nick

Sent you yesterday an email on this offering some ideas.

Have a look at it and come back to me via email

Thanks.

#875 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

See fuse info in the correct section at my faq downloadable at https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support.php

Okay so good news is I was in the right spot... Bad news is pinball life doesn't seem to stock the 1A or the 1.6A fuses which naturally is what I need... GGRRRRR

Jeff

EDIT: Amazon to the rescue... LOL

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#876 2 years ago

Hi received my game today. Plays good minus a few tweaks. One big bug though - when the ball is shot in the mystery scoop 9 out of 10 times it doesn’t register. After 20 seconds or so the machine looks for the lost ball and shoots it back out but without activating mystery mode. Any help appreciated.

#877 2 years ago

Mine did that, simple adjustment. When it happens try nudging the machine before ball search. It should register after the nudge. If it does then it’s the same issue.

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Hi received my game today. Plays good minus a few tweaks. One big bug though - when the ball is shot in the mystery scoop 9 out of 10 times it doesn’t register. After 20 seconds or so the machine looks for the lost ball and shoots it back out but without activating mystery mode. Any help appreciated.

Sounds like you just need to adjust the switch for the scoop so it is triggered consistently by the ball.

#879 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Okay so good news is I was in the right spot... Bad news is pinball life doesn't seem to stock the 1A or the 1.6A fuses which naturally is what I need... GGRRRRR
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e9e38e98a16f6da81cd3a8fd5e68eb3ddd44d783-1637635225-1800"};
//]]>

Jeff
EDIT: Amazon to the rescue... LOL

I also noticed that the 1 and 1.6 amp fuses aren't stocked by Pinball Life. I called them to see if they happened to have them and perhaps they just aren't listed or out of stock and they don't. They claim they are not commonly used in Pinball and don't carry them as a result. Can you provide a link for Amazon for what you ordered?

Thanks!

I don't have my machine just yet but proactively stocking up on a few things in preparation

#880 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Mine did that, simple adjustment. When it happens try nudging the machine before ball search. It should register after the nudge. If it does then it’s the same issue.

Yep! The nudge works. Is the solution adjusting the switch? Or just keep nudging

#881 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Yep! The nudge works. Is the solution adjusting the switch? Or just keep nudging

Adjust the switch

#882 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Question

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Sounds like you just need to adjust the switch for the scoop so it is triggered consistently by the ball.

Answer

#883 2 years ago

Take a look a few posts back about the VUK scoop switch. I showed a picture and suggestion of how to fix it. It could be a horizontal adjustment not vertical. Mine was due to the burrs of the holes drilled to screw in the switch. Crazy but true. Needed to sand the metal flat and reattach and that moved the tiny amount it needed to not catch on the bracket.

#884 2 years ago

Is it normal for lower play field plexi glass to get scratched? Worried about the balls getting scratched but don’t know what’s scratching them. Checked all screws to make sure they’re flush and good to go there. Received game yesterday so I think the subway has the new padding.

#885 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Is it normal for lower play field plexi glass to get scratched? Worried about the balls getting scratched but don’t know what’s scratching them. Checked all screws to make sure they’re flush and good to go there. Received game yesterday so I think the subway has the new padding.

Yes.
have a look on CFTBL, Congo .... a 80 gramm ball of steel will make scratches.

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I also noticed that the 1 and 1.6 amp fuses aren't stocked by Pinball Life. I called them to see if they happened to have them and perhaps they just aren't listed or out of stock and they don't. They claim they are not commonly used in Pinball and don't carry them as a result. Can you provide a link for Amazon for what you ordered?
Thanks!
I don't have my machine just yet but proactively stocking up on a few things in preparation

Here is what I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QCDHPCJ

Thanks,
Jeff

#887 2 years ago

Amazon really isn't a good place to buy electronic components. Buy Littlefuse or Eaton brand fuses from GPE, Mouser, or Digikey.

#888 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

Amazon really isn't a good place to buy electronic components. Buy Littlefuse or Eaton brand fuses from GPE, Mouser, or Digikey.

Like almost anything on amazon these days, what you getting from them is the absolute bottom of barrel quality Chinese knock off goods.

#889 2 years ago

Any tips for installing side blades on TBL? The clearance seems super tight on the sides, and in all honesty, I've never installed side blades on a normal stern/BW. Any tips/tricks/etc. would be appreciated!

#890 2 years ago

Any tips for installing side blades on TBL? The clearance seems super tight on the sides, and in all honesty, I've never installed side blades on a normal stern/BW. Any tips/tricks/etc. would be appreciated!

I install art or mirror blades in all my modern games. TBL is very tight.

Recommend using the wet method for artblade installation:

And get a set of these protectors:

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Like almost anything on amazon these days, what you getting from them is the absolute bottom of barrel quality Chinese knock off goods.

LOL... That's funny when you consider that any other "name brand" you'd buy is ALSO made in... Wait for it... CHINA... Or some other SE Asia country...

I'm sure what I ordered will be just fine and will get the job done.

Jeff

#892 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

LOL... That's funny when you consider that any other "name brand" you'd buy is ALSO made in... Wait for it... CHINA... Or some other SE Asia country...
I'm sure what I ordered will be just fine and will get the job done.
Jeff

Of course that is true, but real brands typically have quality control, warranties, and stand behind their products. They don't evaporate overnight and rebrand and start selling under a different brand name a day later on Amazon.

#893 2 years ago

It’s a 1a fuse guys, don’t overthink it

#894 2 years ago

EA #70 received over the weekend. Been playing a lot today but having a few issues:
1 - Game will sometimes freeze when a ball(s) get stuck in the mystery scoop. I had another ball still in play but no shots were registering and no change in the score. I tried a reset by holding down the start button but that did not do anything. drained the ball in play but the game never went into ball search mode. I had one ball in the left (Mark it zero collect) hole and 2 stuck in the mystery scoop. The game never went into ball search. I turned the game off and back on and it gave an error message upon boot up and then ejected the 3 balls and game was playable again.
2 - Sometimes i start a character multiball or rug mode and the music just stops...game continues to play and score and when i drain down to one ball, everything goes back to normal with music.
3 - Many times the ball gets stuck in the mystery scoop...a big nudge will usually get it to recognize ball is in there and award the mystery. Based upon what I have read, seems to be that the switch needs adjustment.

love the game but these issues have been happening a lot more frequemtly and is very frustrating!

Any advice would be appreciated...by the way, the game came with .57 installed.

Thanks
Ed

#895 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

EA #70 received over the weekend. Been playing a lot today but having a few issues:
1 - Game will sometimes freeze when a ball(s) get stuck in the mystery scoop. I had another ball still in play but no shots were registering and no change in the score. I tried a reset by holding down the start button but that did not do anything. drained the ball in play but the game never went into ball search mode. I had one ball in the left (Mark it zero collect) hole and 2 stuck in the mystery scoop. The game never went into ball search. I turned the game off and back on and it gave an error message upon boot up and then ejected the 3 balls and game was playable again.
2 - Sometimes i start a character multiball or rug mode and the music just stops...game continues to play and score and when i drain down to one ball, everything goes back to normal with music.
3 - Many times the ball gets stuck in the mystery scoop...a big nudge will usually get it to recognize ball is in there and award the mystery. Based upon what I have read, seems to be that the switch needs adjustment.
love the game but these issues have been happening a lot more frequemtly and is very frustrating!
Thanks
Ed

3. Adjust the switch
2. This is a known issue that Koen has been trying to track down.

#896 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Thanks
Ed

For 2 and 3 see post above, for 1 is the advice to reseat the usb cables at the PC and Proc. They are known to get a little loose during transport and yours just crossed half the globe.

See also the proper section in the service faq at https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support.php

#897 2 years ago

Would someone with a recent build give me some guidance about where these connectors go (power input board and bowling alley mech)? The pictures in the manual don’t seem to correspond completely to my wiring and I want to make sure I don’t @&$! anything up. Thanks.

375411FC-1B22-4A2B-BE99-05553404200D (resized).jpeg375411FC-1B22-4A2B-BE99-05553404200D (resized).jpegA03F62D9-9EB1-45D7-87EA-FA830A8DFB41 (resized).jpegA03F62D9-9EB1-45D7-87EA-FA830A8DFB41 (resized).jpegB99E3931-981D-4D0C-8E52-A9F3C86188B0 (resized).jpegB99E3931-981D-4D0C-8E52-A9F3C86188B0 (resized).jpegD699DB6C-7740-44EB-83A5-BF0306D3D0D9 (resized).jpegD699DB6C-7740-44EB-83A5-BF0306D3D0D9 (resized).jpeg
Edit: Ok, I think I figured it out. What threw me on the main board (second pic) was the middle connector having fewer holes than pins on the board, but I found a picture that showed which ones are not plugged in. On the bowling alley mech, I just plugged in the connectors that correspond to the correct number of pins to the plugs on the board. If someone could confirm that that sounds correct, I'd appreciate it.
One other question: there was a loose, unconnected cable in the backbox labeled "CPU." I did not see where that would plug in, so I'm assuming it is there for auxiliary power if necessary. Does that sound right? Thanks.

#898 2 years ago

#899 2 years ago

Does anyone else have an issue with ribbon cables on the underside of the playfield getting loose or falling out over time? I think I’ll try some tape for now, but if there is a better solution let me know.

#900 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Does anyone else have an issue with ribbon cables on the underside of the playfield getting loose or falling out over time? I think I’ll try some tape for now, but if there is a better solution let me know.

They need to be hot glued in place.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/18?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.