You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-bicep-curl.jpg
142.jpg
lovethispost.jpg
woz1.jpg

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 12 years ago

seeing this stuff even without sound gets me pumped

#2 12 years ago

I was just thinking that it was time for another WOZ update...

#3 12 years ago

I could see watching that while someone else is playing. I am pretty sure that is part of their goal to revive pinball.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I was just thinking that it was time for another WOZ update...

Jack has said he will have another one soon.

#5 12 years ago

yeah and he has the JJP invisiglass, looks pretty darn good!

#6 12 years ago

Mmm.... Yummy snack!

Like I posted on the WoZ owners forum, I REALLY like the way they cut out those characters so well! It looks like they were almost filmed on a green screen to begin with! NICE WORK!

#8 12 years ago

That glass DOES look good! Any idea what a sheet costs??

#9 12 years ago

Jack will be selling them in 2 weeks via pinballsales.com, not sure on price

#10 12 years ago

Invisiglass in two weeks!!!!!

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Like I posted on the WoZ owners forum, I REALLY like the way they cut out those characters so well!

Yeah not bad. They had me worried with the crappy version from the multiball vid.

#12 12 years ago

The game is looking nice ! lots of magnets , I like the pinball 2000 pf rails . This pin is going to be a tank !

Jim

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The game is looking nice ! lots of magnets , I like the pinball 2000 pf rails . This pin is going to be a tank !
Jim

Man, I was just looking at the email pics and think the same thing. That sucker looks heavy.

#14 12 years ago

Wow, my friend is going to be stoked to see this update when he gets home and kickin' himself for not having a data plan on his crackberry

#15 12 years ago

Let's hope that the two magnets in front of the witch make it to production. Up until now I think we only knew for sure about two magnets. There was a video released a few months ago that showed the ball acting like there were magnets in front of the witch, but this is the first confirmation of it.

You can see a the flying monkey mechanism in one pic too, although not very good.

#16 12 years ago

This thing is looking better all the time.

#17 12 years ago

Signs of hope!!!! I am excited every time I see it.

#18 12 years ago

The glass does look nice. Hope it's cheap enough to get it for all my machines.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

The glass does look nice. Hope it's cheap enough to get it for all my machines.

I believe I read it will be available for right around 3 bills.... It's not even cheap enough to go on ONE of my machines, let alone all of them....

#20 12 years ago

Lots of motors, coils, inserts, mechanical toys, and magnets in addition to innovations/additions like the LCD, Invisiglass, full length slide brackets (hopefully included) and many more items.

One thing for sure, anybody that purchases this game is not getting cheated in terms of bang for the buck. I am very excited!

#21 12 years ago

Invisiglass for $295? I hope he gives us Jersey Guys a better deal...

#22 12 years ago

Feels like Christmas everytime!

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Invisiglass for $295? I hope he gives us Jersey Guys a better deal...

Where did you hear that price?

#25 12 years ago

. With WOZ you get 3 motorized toys, more than 3 magnets, 5 flippers, 2 upper playfields, a ruleset that actually has new rules, a pretty good-shooting playfield... Not to mention people will be blown away with what we do with our LCD I think.

Quoted from stangbat:

Up until now I think we only knew for sure about two magnets

The quote above stangs quote was sent to me month ago when I was wavering on which NIB to buy. It was sent to me from a WOZ staff member.

I like the wizard of oz.

TG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

The quote above stangs quote was sent to me month ago when I was wavering on which NIB to buy.

Cool, I didn't know that as I'd never seen confirmation about more than two. So that confirms that the witch will be messing with our balls.

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

a ruleset that actually has new rules

Can someone elaborate on these "new rules"?

#28 12 years ago

4 magnets. Just the underside itself tells a story. This game will be impressive. Can't wait !

woz1.jpgwoz1.jpg

#29 12 years ago

Does that look like some EL wire on the upper right or do I need to put my glasses on?

#30 12 years ago

The video sequence reminds me of the treatment of the new slot machines in vegas. WOZ slot machine has some super cool animations. My gut is telling me this is what it's being modeled after - which I'm ok with it. Makes playing slots more fun especially for those watching.

I'm so glad I ordered one.

#31 12 years ago

Yep this game is going to be awesome...

#32 12 years ago

Anyone notice how shiny the underside of the playfield looks?

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

The video sequence reminds me of the treatment of the new slot machines in vegas. WOZ slot machine has some super cool animations. My gut is telling me this is what it's being modeled after - which I'm ok with it. Makes playing slots more fun especially for those watching.

I'm so glad I ordered one.

Been saying that since last February BadBilly! It's why I got back into pinball and bought one....the LCD is a game changer....

Btw, one of the coolest new slot machines in Vegas is BDK! I never played a slot machine until WOZ and now I look for the fun ones to play for the video.....money lasts longer than craps too

#34 12 years ago

WOZ Slot (give it a chance and watch for a few minutes)

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Been saying that since last February BadBilly! It's why I got back into pinball and bought one....the LCD is a game changer....

Btw, one of the coolest new slot machines in Vegas is BDK! I never played a slot machine until WOZ and now I look for the fun ones to play for the video.....money lasts longer than craps too

Credit to iceman then I played BDK at Vegas at Venetian - it was super cool - agreed.

#36 12 years ago

WOZ is going to be great.

#37 12 years ago

I have played that slot at Borgata in Atlantic City. It is impressive compared with the usual video slot machines.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I don't think there will be anything half-assed about this game.

#39 12 years ago

Jack said those mega rails are going to be on production machines. No cutting corners here.

#40 12 years ago

too funny, i mentioned the shiny underside on the WOZ group! I wonder if that's going to be standard or what.

#41 12 years ago

Competition improves the breed.
Meet the new Thoroughbred race horse.
Giddy-up.

lovethispost.jpglovethispost.jpg

#42 12 years ago

On the picture with Jack on the assembly line, you can kind of get a sneak peak at what the flying monkey mechanism looks like (behind the backboard). Could be a motor and screw drive assembly, possibly like the mist mechanism in BSD?

#43 12 years ago

This pin is going to be a tank !

I'll say!
I snapped this photo of Smassa bulking up in preparation for the big day...

s-bicep-curl.jpgs-bicep-curl.jpg
Looking at those rails, I'd say everyone's going to need some gym time to nudge this baby properly!

I am ready to try the 11 ply!

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

On the picture with Jack on the assembly line, you can kind of get a sneak peak at what the flying monkey mechanism looks like (behind the backboard). Could be a motor and screw drive assembly, possibly like the mist mechanism in BSD?
Attachments
142.jpg (78.4 KB, 2 downloads) 10 minutes old

Yes, it looks like the monkey is going to fly from the bottom right corner in a straight line up to the witches castle. It will probably hold the ball by means of a magnet and drop it off when it gets to the upper playfield/castle.

I also have a guess about the bottom left outlane pop bumper. I am guessing that if you hit all the targets at the outlane you will get a ball save (just my guess as to the purpose of the pop bumper and targets).

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Yes,and It sure looks good from the inside out.

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

This pin is going to be a tank !

I'll say!
I snapped this photo of Smassa bulking up in preparation for the big day...

Looking at those rails, I'd say everyone's going to need some gym time to nudge this baby properly!
I am ready to try the 11 ply!

Attachments s-bicep-curl.jpg (21.7 KB, 0 downloads) 4 hours old

lol too funny

#47 12 years ago

The animation leaves me unimpressed.

The invisiglass looks amazing... and those rails! Serious business. I think all of us despise the crap rails that our pins have...

Underside of the pin looks very promising. I like the idea of those two near-by magnets, with cores not visible on top of PF, should be a really interesting dynamic. Then 2 magnets on the orbit, one at the top (is that to drop it into the paths under the upper right PF?), and one above the upper right flipper, presumably playing spiral-helper duty.

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from DrAzzy:

The animation leaves me unimpressed.
The invisiglass looks amazing... and those rails! Serious business. I think all of us despise the crap rails that our pins have...
Underside of the pin looks very promising. I like the idea of those two near-by magnets, with cores not visible on top of PF, should be a really interesting dynamic. Then 2 magnets on the orbit, one at the top (is that to drop it into the paths under the upper right PF?), and one above the upper right flipper, presumably playing spiral-helper duty.

The animation is just a snippet to show how they can put the video into the LCD. It is not near a finished product. The previous video they released was a little more impressive for showing how it could be integrated with the gameplay/multiball.

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This thing is looking better all the time.

+1 Looks great. Could be the first 400lb game. The people that bought this, better have beer and pizza ready for the guys that help you move this monster.

#50 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The animation is just a snippet to show how they can put the video into the LCD. It is not near a finished product. The previous video they released was a little more impressive for showing how it could be integrated with the game.

Wow, yeah, that video came out really well. The result is still a bit odd though, with actors layered onto a digitally generated background, but I think it works, inspires a lot more faith than the other animation clip.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 91.00
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-little-woz-snack?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.