You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-bicep-curl.jpg
142.jpg
lovethispost.jpg
woz1.jpg
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

RobT said:This thing is looking better all the time.
+1 Looks great. Could be the first 400lb game. The people that bought this, better have beer and pizza ready for the guys that help you move this monster.

Doubt anything will beat Haunted House.

The lavish design of WOZ is just perfectly illustrated by that mini. 3 motors, 1 VUK, 1 flipper, an assy and many targets and lights.

I still cannot get my head around that LCD. And by that I do not mean the LCD technology, but its size, placement and usage. I see it as an asset to attract players on location more than anything else. It will be interesting to compare its usage to that of BHZA, in which it will be located on the playfield like CV.

#52 12 years ago
Quoted from soren:

compare its usage to that of BHZA, in which it will be located on the playfield like CV.

I would be distracted by amination on the PF

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

RobT said:This thing is looking better all the time.
+1 Looks great. Could be the first 400lb game. The people that bought this, better have beer and pizza ready for the guys that help you move this monster.

Nothing was worse than moving a Pin2K, that's a beast. I sold em both and never looked back.

#54 12 years ago

I'm already worried about moving this beast upstairs to the game room, my brother who is 6-3 and 250 and I'm 6-3 and 230 had a tough time with my last two....plus this wide body ain't fitting through the garage door either so it will be up some front steps too....

#55 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

plus this wide body ain't fitting through the garage door either

Do regular pins fit though the garage door ?

Jim

#56 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Honch said:RobT said:This thing is looking better all the time.
Nothing was worse than moving a Pin2K, that's a beast. I sold em both and never looked back.

Just buy a good pinball trolley then it dont matter how heavy it is

#57 12 years ago

The problem fitting through the door is the backbox, not the cabinet. If a regular size pin fits, a wide-body will fit.

#58 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The problem fitting through the door is the backbox, not the cabinet. If a regular size pin fits, a wide-body will fit.

+1

#59 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Do regular pins fit though the garage door ?

Jim

They fit but I gotta get em in and through the guest room and angle it back down the hallway....it's tight! Trying to get these suckers up the stairs though is actually kind of funny to watch.., according to my wife and kids

#60 12 years ago

Good evening folks!
I have been following these forums for a year now and decided I may have something useful to add. I may be full of shit too. hey everyone has an opinion. Some of you guys are quite funny!

When I heard about the Wizard of Oz new pin by Jersey Jack. I checked it out and after about a week of research, I bought # 148. Sight unseen.
It seems like a good bunch of people to get to know. I live up in Canada, so bring your snowshoes to come and play my woz. I kid, I live in Golden british columbia. It is gorgous and is warm by canadian standards. That means no electrically heated underwear required.
Anyway, this is my first new in box pin. What the hell, might as well go all the way first time out! Congratulations to all who went for it and got a WOZ. People thought I was crazy! But when I considered the historic precedence of this pin, I thought, What the hell, it's only money! I can make more, so who cares. Go for it!
Winners go for it. Jersey Jack went for it! I respect him and support him for his tremendous efforts. Succeed or fail, I respect him. We are all going to benefit from this.
Geese, I guess I don't have anything useful to add.
Oh wait,.....nope, nothing is coming.
There is so many knowledgeable and experienced people here, i don't think I could add anything credable or even properly spelled.
CIAO!

#61 12 years ago

Great purchase marvdom, welcome to the site , WOZ ecle is going to change everything!
Maybe even solve for world peace

#62 12 years ago

So is there going to be some kind of big update on Tuesday? Other events?

#63 12 years ago

Good evening!

I suspect for good business, they will have a very special update for their first day of production.
All the pomp and circumstance fit for the launching of an unsinkable ship! Oh wait......forget it.
Seriously, probably a great update coming. It makes good public relations and marketing.
Having carefully placed my foot in front of my mouth, lets see if I am eating it on Tuesday!
Ciao!

#64 12 years ago
Quoted from marvdom:

Good evening!
I suspect for good business, they will have a very special update for their first day of production.
All the pomp and circumstance fit for the launching of an unsinkable ship! Oh wait......forget it.
Seriously, probably a great update coming. It makes good public relations and marketing.
Having carefully placed my foot in front of my mouth, lets see if I am eating it on Tuesday!
Ciao!

Yeah, Jack mentioned a big update on March 13. Might be a significant date for other reasons--that's the one particular date that hasn't shifted for several months now. And an odd one too ("start of production") because it will only be marked by some sub-assemblies or something being worked on. Pretty sure there will still be outstanding parts orders and more changes to some after 3/13. And the latest estimate of the first "availability" (delivery) date is June/July timeframe. Don't expect to see complete games rolling off a fully-engaged assembly line by the end of March. Ain't happening.

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

And the latest estimate of the first "availability" (delivery) date is June/July timeframe. Don't expect to see complete games rolling off a fully-engaged assembly line by the end of March. Ain't happening.

I second that.

Jack said (at the Ohio show this weekend) that there would be a 70% complete WOZ on location in NJ in May. He went on to say that it wasn't going to be 70% because it wasn't finished, but 70% because he wanted to keep certain aspects of the game "secret" a little longer.

Personally, I don't see how you can keep much secret once the playfield is revealed.

-M

#66 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

So is there going to be some kind of big update on Tuesday? Other events?

It's my younger brother's birthday....

-M

#67 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

treveism said:

On the picture with Jack on the assembly line, you can kind of get a sneak peak at what the flying monkey mechanism looks like (behind the backboard). Could be a motor and screw drive assembly, possibly like the mist mechanism in BSD?
Attachments
142.jpg (78.4 KB, 2 downloads) 10 minutes old
Yes, it looks like the monkey is going to fly from the bottom right corner in a straight line up to the witches castle. It will probably hold the ball by means of a magnet and drop it off when it gets to the upper playfield/castle.
I also have a guess about the bottom left outlane pop bumper. I am guessing that if you hit all the targets at the outlane you will get a ball save (just my guess as to the purpose of the pop bumper and targets).

Agreed. Looks like the monkey will go right to left from behind the munchkin drop target to behind the single door on the witches playfield. maybe even further right.

I am curious they said 2 magnets.

In the promo pictures they sent out there were 2 magnets TZ style one up behind the uper rollovers and one just below the exit of the dorothy house playfield. Now newer pics show those two holes still there with no inserts. Also three electromagnets. I assume one is monkey related and other two we saw a glimpse of in the first whitewood video. They are located just in front of the melting witch mechanism.

Anyone else notice these and or have insight or thoughts?

#68 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Trying to get these suckers up the stairs though is actually kind of funny to watch.., according to my wife and kids []

Trying to get my STTNG up and down my basement stairs is really hard and somewhat dangerous.LOL

#69 12 years ago

StevenP or anyone, do we have an idea on the weight of this baby...logistics of getting into the house are becoming a consideration after looking at this beast. in box out of box weights? anyone willing to guess or have a clue

#70 12 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Anyone else notice these and or have insight or thoughts?

There are four magnets installed in the prototype photo released on 3/5:
-One above the top rollovers that holds the ball for the monkey to pick up
-One above the upper right flipper that probably holds and releases the ball for a shot at the witch
-Two in front of the witch

#71 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

-One above the upper right flipper that probably holds and releases the ball for a shot at the witch

Wouldn't it be cool if the magnet actually held the ball steady until you hit the flipper. ...almost like a tee in golf, or a batting tee... the magnet could turn off when the EOS switch was triggered so it could be completely seamless.

It would make for a VERY confident shot. LoL.

-M

#72 12 years ago

Rollergames has a shot like that from the upper right flipper...not a new idea..

#73 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Rollergames has a shot like that from the upper right flipper...not a new idea..

And WCS does the opposite.

#74 12 years ago

We should be getting THE update in the next hour. It's 2:00 GMT!

#75 12 years ago

Jack said about 2-3pm today but I guess that's US time. That's about 8pm in UK.

#76 12 years ago

So hang on this is going to be one update or a series of updates????

#77 12 years ago

Well that's odd. Jack said 2:00-3:00PM GMT. It is now 3:36PM GMT.

#78 12 years ago

Why would Jack care about GMT in New Jersey?

#79 12 years ago

Possibly to consider everyone, not just in NJ's time zone?

#80 12 years ago

I just looked at the WOZ Group. Jack just said that the update would be at 2-3PM.

#81 12 years ago

I could've sworn I saw someone say it was GMT. It's 11:41 in Lakewood so it may be later this afternoon...

#82 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I could've sworn I saw someone say it was GMT

i thought you were joking about that.....

#83 12 years ago

No e-mail...

#84 12 years ago

snack time

#87 12 years ago

So, they are starting production on games without a PF? I don't think so. This PF art issue sure is taking a long time to get sorted out.

#88 12 years ago

The update is more tease than substance. The only interesting thing was the explanation for the focus on the "start of production" date--when JJP owes some license payments to Planetary Pinball. (But that's another joke entirely.)

Quoted from gambit3113:

So, they are starting production on games without a PF? I don't think so. This PF art issue sure is taking a long time to get sorted out.

Production has started. If you thought this means that all game parts would be lined up in the factory and finished games would roll off the assembly line in a few days, you're wrong. Parts are still being ordered or awaiting shipment (at least the playfields, but I imagine lots of smaller items are still being finalized too).

#89 12 years ago

What license is JJP using under agreement with Planetary?

#90 12 years ago

i love the trees with the apples.

#91 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Production has started. If you thought this means that all game parts would be lined up in the factory and finished games would roll off the assembly line in a few days, you're wrong. Parts are still being ordered or awaiting shipment (not just playfields).

I didn't think that. But the parts have been "in production" for weeks and months now. If they aren't beginning to produce pinball machines, what are they beginning to produce? It seems quite difficult to start building pinball machines when you don't have any PFs.

#92 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Most of the regular mechanical stuff: Flipper mech, targets (drop & standup), posts, pop bumpers, slings, probably the lockdown bar...

#93 12 years ago

Like the spinning house!

#94 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Mostly it's for using "official" Williams parts, most of which are public domain and can be copied freely anyway. Pretty much all of the basic mechs are not proprietary and anyone can make or copy them. (Interestingly, one WMS patent--for the ball trough we all know and love--isn't even licensed to PP, but to Illinois Pinball.)

#95 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Most of the regular mechanical stuff: Flipper mech, targets (drop & standup), posts, pop bumpers, slings, probably the lockdown bar...

Ok, so JJP is actually producing these parts themselves (or having them produced), under license? Planetary didn't have any part in setting up the production, I suppose. That makes sense.

#96 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

(Interestingly, one critical WMS patent--for the ball trough we all know and love--isn't even licensed to PP, but to Illinois Pinball. Don't know how JJP is handling that one.)

What happened there? Gene owned the rights to everything, at one point - correct? He payed WMS $1M for everything they had. Was that only for a certain period of time? Or did Gene turn around and sell part of his rights to Planetary? I know this is all out there, but I just wasn't paying attention at the time.

#97 12 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

but 70% because he wanted to keep certain aspects of the game "secret" a little longer.

spin master

#98 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

gambit3113 said:What license is JJP using under agreement with Planetary?

None of that stuff is covered by a patent (or copyright or trademark, for that matter), and no license is needed. Find a manufacturer to make it and you can buy and use as many of these things as you want, free and clear. But setup and specifications are tricky and costly, it seems. A lot of stuff needs special equipment to be made economically.

#99 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

StevenP said:(Interestingly, one critical WMS patent--for the ball trough we all know and love--isn't even licensed to PP, but to Illinois Pinball. Don't know how JJP is handling that one.)

What happened there? Gene owned the rights to everything, at one point - correct? He payed WMS $1M for everything they had. Was that only for a certain period of time? Or did Gene turn around and sell part of his rights to Planetary? I know this is all out there, but I just wasn't paying attention at the time.

Not sure the history, but some WMS IP went through Wayne before going to PP. Right now PP has the rights to about 40 WMS patents and Gene has rights to about 20 WMS patents.

My general understanding is that Wayne still has rights to the IP needed to reproduce MM. PP has the rights to WMS and BLY copyrights (important if you want to repro or reuse older pinball art, or create a 'sequel' game).

#100 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

None of that stuff is covered by a patent (or copyright or trademark, for that matter), and no license is needed. Find a manufacturer to make it and you can buy and use as many of these things as you want, free and clear.

Yes, I know most of the patents are probably long expired, if they were even patented in the first place. You summed it up better than me with your previous post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-little-woz-snack/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.