Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gdonovan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

no, that is no CGI

#2 2 years ago

Call me a pussy, but it scares the shit out of me driving that fast.
    Fastest I’ve ever gone is 180 MPH and that was enough.

#3 2 years ago

I went 125 in my rented compact on the autobahn and that was def enough for me !

Next time I’ll rent a Ferrari.

#4 2 years ago

The 417 KPH is equal to 259 MPH .
    Funfact: in this section of the autobahn "A2" there is no speed limit, so this hellride was absolutely legal

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I went 125 in my rented compact on the autobahn and that was def enough for me !
    Next time I’ll rent a Ferrari.

Bet you know how to get around NYC faster than anyone on this site though.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Bet you know how to get around NYC faster than anyone on this site though.

Yeah it’s hilarious watching some dipshit in a Lambo sitting in crosstown traffic.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah it’s hilarious watching some dipshit in a Lambo sitting in crosstown traffic.

Seems like a worthless car in that city.

#8 2 years ago

Zero margin for error.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Zero margin for error.

Is it that hard to drive in a straight line in a sports car?

#10 2 years ago

Error doesn't necessarily have to be by the driver. Fences can have holes.... if one critter happens to find its way onto the road...

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Error doesn't necessarily have to be by the driver. Fences can have holes.... if one critter happens to find its way onto the road...

A little German critter?! That’s a good point !

I will say you don’t really get the autobahn till you’ve been on it. It’s not like you just get on some shitty American road, it’s really smooth and well kept. And of course everybody knows
    How to drive.

And yes I listened to kraftwerk’s Autobahn while driving on the autobahn. It ruled.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Funfact: in this section of the autobahn "A2" there is no speed limit

Did anyone notice why? Because there wasn't a slow dumbfuck in the left lane slowing the whole world down.

#13 2 years ago

That was awesome. Fastest I went was in a Mercedes Maybach on I-80 in PA along a section with a cliff on one side (less chance of a deer strike). Hit 175mph. Wasn't my car, lol.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Call me a pussy, but it scares the shit out of me driving that fast.
    Fastest I’ve ever gone is 180 MPH and that was enough.

True but 180 in this car would take around 10 seconds so it's a little diff'rent

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

True but 180 in this car would take around 10 seconds so it's a little diff'rent

Maybe so, but that was in Southern California in the 90s.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Maybe so, but that was in Southern California in the 90s.

You had to earn it back then!

No speed limit also is the big issue. I've only been like 125-130 and much more worried aboot losing a license than...well anything else.
    Gets serious when you put it like that

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You had to earn it back then!

That’s no joke.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Did anyone notice why? Because there wasn't a slow dumbfuck in the left lane slowing the whole world down.

I enjoy driving on the Mass Pike the most because of this. If I’m flying up on someone, they get over. People in NY and NJ are assholes. They act like they own the road and you should be punished for driving in the fast lane, and their slow, dumb POS is the ultimate retribution.
    Clowns.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

...They act like they own the road and you should be punished for driving in the fast lane, and their slow, dumb POS is the ultimate retribution.

Pure Michigan right there!

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You will get a ticket for 2 things on the Autobahn, lingering in the left lane blocking traffic, and passing on the right. Hence nobody lingers in the left lane unless you're passing, hence you see everybody in the left or middle lane if you're passing which makes running something like this a fairly safe bet as there would have to be some jackoff in the right, middle with a semi passing the slow guy on the right lane, and then some other car trying to pass him in the left, which would be highly irregular. Also if you get rear-ended on the autobahn in the left lane it's your fault.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

...this hellride was absolutely legal

Maybe not.
    Radim Passer the owner and driver is now under investigation for this and it looks like it will go to court.
    Not for speeding technically but for reckless driving and endanger of others.
    Free speed might not mean 260 MPH, even in Germany

#22 2 years ago

Been 160 mph in three different Chrysler products, the hairiest ride was an old school Mopar A body with a very hot 340. How we didn't blow a tire at those speeds is an act of God. That motor made ungodly amounts of power, made some tidy change back in the day from unsuspecting servicemen from the local sub-base.

Went through clutches like popcorn, regardless of brand or spring rate.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-little-trip-on-the-german-autobahn-?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.