Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ls1chris
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Time for me to dive into some restoration projects.

Ive never used Bondo before, and in just checking out their products, using say Walmart as a reference:

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=bondo

There are lightweight putty, 2 part, Glass reinforced.....

My current need is to patch some particle board, like a 4" gash.

Which to use? what would I need to know about the differences in this product, and how you all use Bondo with regard to these
    differences? Is the patch tape mesh a must? or at what size?
    Lastly, I imagine a flatter even surface to dry, would result in less sanding....any sanding tricks to focus on?

Much appreciate the help on Bondo....Art

#5 7 years ago

Thank you, how good is the pre mixed putty?

#7 7 years ago

You bet! This project is fixing up a Coin Pusher!

The Plain basic black has a few bumps and is getting LEDs, and a re theme!
    I have it set up to take all size coins, and my wife wants it Beachy, so Ill add some palms and rubber gators as prizes,
    but the kids are trying to get the $100 Bill, and a 24 Karat Gold Coin in there along with fake pirate treasure!

Its a big piggy bank for everyone to drop their change, and I will use the funds for, ehmm, "Libations"
    I throw a few in the pusher when friends come over......I think these should be set up in Legal states that way!

Anyway, back to topic, does one Bondo work better than another with Cheap Particle board?

2 weeks later
    #12 7 years ago

Thank you!

Your time to share will certainly be of help to everyone!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-little-bondo-help-for-a-newbie?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.