Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by wolfy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mallrats_outburst.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drazzy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 12 years ago

LoTR!
    I feel like it's got a lot of problems. Barad Dur always sounds like somethings broken, Palantir... a standup target THERE? TZ had been around for a decade, and they went ahead and repeated that known-problem target placement, only they made the target 3x as large, so it gets whacked 3x as many times. Should have been a captive ball. The saucer that only registers weak shots is almost impossible to hit on games with well maintained flippers (so it works on location) - should have a back on it. The ring periodically blows fuses in normal operation, and often fails without any apparent reason, and the center ramp for the ring shot is near impossible to make with poorly maintained flippers. The playfield layout is generally uninspiring. I think it's carried almost entirely by aesthetics (it looks and sounds wonderful).

TOM i'm also not impressed with - it's not a bad machine, but I feel like it's B-list, not A-list.

Northvibe: RBION is not generally considered A-list, afaik. I'd put it as a strong B-list, fun table. Feels Lawlor-y, IMO, if you don't like the feel of TZ, you probably won't like RBION.

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from Craigmack:

Hmm.. I guess it should as it is a Lawlor game...

I've had all of the so called A title games except for MM, MB and CC. None of them have the staying power that the money is tied to. I'd rather have a variety of machines than just one of these for the price...

Yeah - but some of the Pat Lawlor games he made with Stern don't play like a Lawlor game. NASCAR for example... and I hear CSI isn't very good either (and if it's not good, it's not playing like a Lawlor design!) - so I was trying to point out that not only did he design it, but you can tell that he designed it by playing it.

Quoted from loud_knocker:

Try starting "The Spiral" right before multiball, and tell me its not satisfying when every ball launch for multiball also makes the Spiral sound.

Breakthrough!

More fun to start it right before PBM/fastlock vs normal multiball - only time i'd willingly start PBM with no balls in the lock lane (i usually try to hold off until i've got both balls locked, so PBM will clear them out, and hence multiball will autolaunch new balls for two easy shots at the jackpot), since usually in normal multiball, at least one ball is in the lock lane, so fewer balls triggering The Spiral. And yeah, trying to get to LiTZ is not appropriate strategy. All my best games are from going for multiballs, and stacking it with modes when convenient to do so.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drazzy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-list-pin-turds?tu=drazzy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.