Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by stooped
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image-2.jpg
image-1.jpg
156279.jpg

#1 3 years ago

Everyone agrees that some games are the best around of all time. But I was wondering what would be the best of the best for each generation of games. Is there one sys 11 game that stands out among the others? How about games from the 80's?

I currently own a Bally Mystic, I beleive for its time it was one of the best around, I know it won't hold its own against a new game but amongst its peers its a great game.

What are your top "A" list games throughout the years.

#2 3 years ago

I am a long time fan of System 11s. There really all good games, so one would think picking one out a difficult task. It just comes to mind that in all aspects of comparison, and a "certain something" that this game has that is so representative of the era, design, and even historical significance - that I would pick Pinbot. It's the one essential System 11 game.

156279.jpg

#3 3 years ago

I don't know EMs well enough to speak from that era, but as for after that...

Centaur for the early 80s
Taxi and Whirlwind for the late 80s
CFTBL, BSD, and The Shadow for the 90s
and WPT, AC/DC, and MET for 2000s and onwards.

#4 3 years ago

I don't really believe in this "A" game "B" game thing but two of the better games from the 50s would be Gottlieb Frontiersman and Williams Wonderland IMHO.

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

#5 3 years ago

You could look at production numbers as well to judge the popularity of the game at the time. You know coin op is a money making business and if machines were making money the production numbers would reflect that. Also some years with multiple major companies. That can prove even more.

Look at Flash a few years before my glory years in arcades but it clearly had something going for it. ( first ever background sound). Xenon, Gorgar,Kiss as well all in the same year!

High speed is a great game. As is pinbot, BH and well any machine that I was putting money into instead of middle command and robotron should be placed high on anyone's list.

Yeah the top 100 ,200,300 does not really mean much (compare apples and oranges) and the A list B lists are pretty much personal taste as well.

#6 3 years ago

Paragon...first Bally widebody, amazing artwork, cool/open PF, awesome inline drops. Asymmetric slings, flippers.

Grew up with this pin. Over 9,000 produced.

#7 3 years ago

Well, seek and you shal find. It turns out within the top 100, there is a list by the decade. Unfortunately I'd still like a top list for each O/S. image.jpg

#8 3 years ago

From very early RGP (December 1990), These are the games,in order,that got at least two votes from 55 voters :Black Knight (7) Pinbot(5) Centaur(3) High Speed(3) and Cyclone,Flash,Paragon,RollerGames (!),Taxi and Whirlwind.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 142.00
$ 40.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside