(Topic ID: 261316)

A law in South Carolina bans playing pinball if you’re under 18.

By PiperPinball

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by LukyDuck
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 4 years ago

Who is going to enforce it? Not the police. Every state has dozens of old laws on the books dating back over 100 years that are archaic and should be removed but may never be removed because it’s time consuming and legislators for the most part know they are not going to be enforced. On the off chance someone gets charged with one of these laws it’s just going to get thrown out in court anyway.

#4 4 years ago

I was working in South Carolina in 1985. I went to the beach where Kmart would not sell me a frisbee because it was Sunday. 6 cold beers was completely out of the question. I had to take a pilgrimage to North Carolina that afternoon.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sputnik:

I was working in South Carolina in 1985. I went to the beach where Kmart would not sell me a frisbee because it was Sunday. 6 cold beers was completely out of the question. I had to take a pilgrimage to North Carolina that afternoon.

I was just a young kid.But I miss when stores were closed on Sunday’s.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I was just a young kid.But I miss when stores were closed on Sunday’s.

I miss when they were closed for holidays!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-law-in-south-carolina-bans-playing-pinball-if-youre-under-18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.