(Topic ID: 5341)

A large Hurricane is headed straight for me...

By wesperron

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Loupie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Satelliteimage.jpg
    batman-dark-knight-joker.jpg
    hurricane2.jpg
    100_0963a.jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

Just a few months ago I said " here is MA. we don't get earthquakes, tornados,or hurricanes we just got John Kerry"

It looks like I spoke too soon. Maybe John Kerry will resign now that he's got some help.

Time to batten down the hatches...

Any other Pinsiders in the path of Irene?

#2 12 years ago

My brother lives in Monkey Junction ,NC ,, 2 miles from Snow Cut Bridge. The Huge 6-lane bridge that separates Wilmington / Carolina Beach ( the Island ) from the main land ( the Cape Fear River bridge ).. Anyway,, Yea ,, Hurricane Irene
    is Headed strait into the Carolina's.. My bro has stayed home for Most of the Hurricane's, but he's headed West to Raleigh , NC for this 1.. About 3 yr's ago he stayed home and Took the Punishment of Hurricane Charlie.. It hit around 2 pm and lasted 12 hr's.. 90 mph wind's and he said the " Screaming " sound around the window's and Door's drove him Crazzzy ..No matter how Tight you think yr house is ,, the wind will find a Weak spot.. Very Irritating !!!

http://www.wxii12.com/weather/grid.html#HEARSTWX=http%3A//www.wxii12.com/weather/19626670/media.html%3Fqs%3D%3Bref%3D/weather/19626824/media.html%3Blongname%3DHurricane

#3 12 years ago

hopefully it will bend 100 miles East out to sea but thats probably after it hits N.C.
    - must of been hell laying low for 12 hrs with 90 mph winds outside

#4 12 years ago

Time to move a pinball to the basement, stock the cooler full of beer, and get the generator full of gas I hope nobody here get's hit by it too bad. I've been next to a tornado but never a hurricane. I can't imagine that kind of force going on for 12 hours.

#5 12 years ago

Yeh unfortunately Im on the beach in NJ - right now we are a direct shot, and Im not feeling real confident at the moment my house will be standing when its over - have two huge trees on both sides just waiting for 100mph winds, Im hoping its not the end of my pin collection - hope homeowners covers this sh!t.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from Brokedad:

Time to move a pinball to the basement

Not in the basement! That's where all the water goes...

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

right now we are a direct shot, and Im not feeling real confident at the moment my house will be standing when its over

Hate to hear that fusion301 hope it changes course and you can breath easy soon!!

#8 12 years ago

I'm in Mass too but we don't get it til Saturday, right? Usually it calms way down by the time it gets to us. I'm just mad it's gonna ruin one of the few last warm weekends.

#9 12 years ago

a few long cables and a come-along device and put some pre-load on those trees
    depending how close the neighbors are?

#10 12 years ago

I'd drink and play whirlwind....intense.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Not in the basement! That's where all the water goes...

Seriously. Don't hurricanes bring insane amounts of rain with them?

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Seriously. Don't hurricanes bring insane amounts of rain with them?

And sometimes a storm surge too.

I wish luck to everyone in the path of this.

#13 12 years ago

OK OK .. my bad .. put pontoons on the pinball machines
    The houses we had with basements had sump pumps. Why so serious ???
    You can't even make a joke around here anymore.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from Brokedad:

The houses we had with basements had sump pumps

Yea but they just can't keep up with the amount of water these storms bring. Lucky this one is to our east and the most we will get is wind. The last one (Isabel I think) was to our west and we flooded big time. Rained all freaking day long. Hazel was the worst in my life time, 1975 or 76 I think...

#15 12 years ago

I'd drink and play whirlwind....intense.

Wish I had a whirlwind. I'm off to the store to stock up on essentials...

#16 12 years ago

Stupid attachment...

100_0963a.jpg100_0963a.jpg

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I'm just mad it's gonna ruin one of the few last warm weekends.

Amen to that. I had to cancel my plans for this weekend

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I'm off to the store to stock up on essentials

Dam, there goes the last of the toilet paper...

#19 12 years ago

Last biggie we had up here was Hurricane Bob. that was probably about 20 years ago....the trees up here won't take it....Luckily, I have none within striking distance of my house. I just hope I don't lose power....I do have a generator....Can you run a Pin off a generator?

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

Can you run a Pin off a generator?

Lol!

I can just picture the look on the salesperson's face ... "I'm looking for a generator in case we lose power. It needs to be able to handle two five ton AC units, a sump pump, refrigerator, freezer, and eight pinball machines."

Seriously, though. This is a biggie coming. I wish all my Pinside brethren the best of luck, and hope everyone is safe.

#21 12 years ago

Seriously, though. This is a biggie coming. I wish all my Pinside brethren the best of luck, and hope everyone is safe.

Check out this photo from space of it!

hurricane2.jpghurricane2.jpg

#22 12 years ago

Best of luck to everyone that experiences this storm. As a resident of So. Florida I selfishly say thank God that thing didn't come here. When the storm first popped up they were predicting a Cat 1 to hit us. I'm worried about family on Long Island.

Some advice from the experienced: We had a minor storm once and people died(kids!) from power lines that had fallen into puddles. Also the worst part after a major storm is extended power outages. Gas stations couldn't pump gas. ATM couldn't dispense money. You need gas in your car so you can run it to charge your cellphone! You need cash because credit card machines don't work. This could go on for over a week.

Sorry to be serious. Please be safe.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from Brokedad:

OK OK .. my bad .. put pontoons on the pinball machines

Now you're talking!

Best of luck to all those in the path of this thing. Stay safe!

#24 12 years ago

Why so serious ???

batman-dark-knight-joker.jpgbatman-dark-knight-joker.jpg

#25 12 years ago

Just a few feet of water and some hard core wind.

#26 12 years ago

I know a congo is in the path.

#27 12 years ago

The East Coastal Region is Alway's plagued with these Terrible Storm's.. I'm gonna say this chant to see if it will make Mean Irene Drift off coast to cause Less damage ..

.. Fly away Buzzard , Fly away Crow, way down South where the Wind's don't blow. Rub yr Nose and give 2 wink's and Save Us All from this Awful Jinx .

#28 12 years ago

We just got word of mandatory evacuations in our area, they have divided the evacuation on the east and west side of a street in town, east side evacuates - west side stay and pray if you want, Im on the west side - going to stay and pray, they are telling residents to put an index card in your shoe with your name, birthdate and SS#, this shit is insane!!!!!!!

WTF

IF i dont make it here is where you can find my pins:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=08244&hl=en&ll=39.324206,-74.598885&spn=0.231324,0.32341&sll=39.591491,-74.456344&sspn=0.05761,0.080853&vpsrc=6&t=h&z=12

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Same here, I wish all make it through OK. That picture of it coming is massive.

#30 12 years ago

I remember Hurricane Hugo in 89 ,, Hugo kicked SC and N.Carolina's AZZ .. I'm 236 mile's from Carolina Beach/ Wilmington , It hit us @ nite and it brought us several Tornado's w/ it.. And i do believe it brought 1/2 of the Seagull's from the Beach.. Around Mcdonald's and K-mart , i bet there were 1000 .. and they were Lost & Hungry !!! People were gett-n attacked , sh!t on , some were kama Kazie Gull's .

#31 12 years ago

I guess this thing is getting bigger and nastier
    I got in late tuned into the BBC news and I hear they are evacuating parts of lower Manhattan.
    -That never happen , I better get more then a few 6 packs

#32 12 years ago

Don't give up Fusion.
    Stay focused on surviving and give your brain something to look forward to after the storm hits.
    Good luck and a safe delivery to everyone else on the East Coast!
    Fingers crossed!

#33 12 years ago

THE STORM IS COMING, RETURN TO YOUR HOMES

#34 12 years ago

From Queensland Australia (the land of the fu*king big storm) best of luck guys. Clean out your bath tubs and fill them with water to drink. Some of the big ones we get here can stuff the water. Dont know how it gos in the U.S.
    "Hold on tight mate theres a fair dinkem rip-snorter coming your way"
    to use an ausy expresion

#35 12 years ago

I knew I should have stayed in Wisconsin...

#36 12 years ago

For what its worth here is some good stuff we use to get ready. http://www.safetyrisk.com.au/2010/10/24/cyclone-safety-tips-and-precautions/ Where it says cyclone thats just a hurricane that spins the other way. Its good practical stuff and worth a look

#37 12 years ago

This link has more than Weather,, Dig-n 2 it !!! .My Home-Town Rock channel

http://www.ihaveabuzz.com/cc-common/stormwatch/?_show

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

THE STORM IS COMING, RETURN TO YOUR HOMES ...

I have to admit, I laughed out loud on that one! It's always nice to inject some levity into an otherwise serious situation.

#39 12 years ago

Black_Rose : Just put all your pins in that Viking or Norse boat of yours
    Hope to see you soon you know where

#40 12 years ago

A young airman was in "Charge of Quarters" or CQ back here in La Junta, Co. All personnel were required to report 'significant events' in the log book. He wrote his observation one evening. "Storm approaching, frogs are nervous" Well, the commander didn't have the same sense of humor...

#41 12 years ago

You Tar Heels hang in there - hold onto those pins

#42 12 years ago

Latest satellite imagery...

Satelliteimage.jpgSatelliteimage.jpg

It is getting close!

#43 12 years ago

good luck

#44 12 years ago

Still have power here, but it's blowing like a busload of nimblepins!

#45 12 years ago

I've just learned the storms haven't phased Francesco in Brooklyn at all as he went out and got a GC on WWF Royal Rumble last night...

#46 12 years ago

Francesco - Stay dry brother, he doesnt miss a day of pinball!!

#47 12 years ago

Hey Fusion whats going down?
    you inland now?

#48 12 years ago

Presently,what are some of you guys reports,How much rain,wind,sporadic power outages?Stay Safe.

#49 12 years ago

It's started raining about 2 hrs ago here. The eye is suppose to pass just to the west of us. We will be on the windy side. 70mph winds expected. I had to cancel my Fantasy Football Draft

Don't worry I'll be ok, I've got plenty of tequila.

#50 12 years ago

Been raining and windy all day but no gusts much above 50. Lost power for about 2 minutes. I started shopping my I500 since there's nothing else to do.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-large-hurricane-is-headed-straight-for-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.