(Topic ID: 65217)

A JJP game before Hobbit. (Answer from Jack first post of page 4)

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 384 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Denver_Broncos.png
    sm.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    bIIZx.jpg
    4XNcl.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    DSCN1861.JPG
    th-5.jpeg
    image.jpg
    bursting-bubble3.jpg
    th_5-Star.jpg
    Woznumber.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 384 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 10 years ago

Thanks for letting me see that as I was eating a plate of spaghetti with meat sauce. Thank you.

#52 10 years ago

If JJP manufactures an MM, it will likely be of high quality (should I even say that here?). Old MMs would plummet in value to normal pin levels. I am not sure that would endear a number of collecters. It would be nice though for the rest of us. The big question is would it have an LCD?

#53 10 years ago

Robin has been notified.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from statsdoc:

If JJP manufactures an MM, it will likely be of high quality (should I even sat that here). Old MMs would plummet in value to normal pin levels. I am not sure that would endear a number of collecters. It would be nice though for the rest of us. The big question is would it have an LCD?

Nice MM will be back to 8K

#55 10 years ago

There is another designer at jjp correct??

#56 10 years ago

This will become true the second I spend all my pinball money on a new machine...

#57 10 years ago

And tonight's forecast:

Look for a major s**tstorm to be brewing on Pinside !

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fixie:

And tonight's forecast:
    Look for a major s**tstorm to be brewing on Pinside !

umbrella's for sale. get yer umbrella's here.

#59 10 years ago

hmmm...

python.JPGpython.JPG ang.jpgang.jpg jello.jpgjello.jpg

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from statsdoc:

If JJP manufactures an MM, it will likely be of high quality (should I even say that here?). Old MMs would plummet in value to normal pin levels. I am not sure that would endear a number of collecters. It would be nice though for the rest of us. The big question is would it have an LCD?

I could see updating to a DMD-sized LCD. Maybe updated power and driver boards, equivalent but with more modern components. And the code is already done; maybe a small/cheap motherboard with emulator to run the WMS code? Some of these components could be made cheaper and more reliable. The artwork, plastics, mechs, etc. just need to be reproduced, so no delays for design tweaks (apart from updated hardware, if any).

#61 10 years ago

I wouldn't get too wound up yet. We all know JJP will eventually have to step up the pace of their new releases. As long as WOZ continues to go out the door at the rate of 50/week and as long as JJP releases TH LE concurrent with the release of the third Hobbit film in December of 2014, nobody should have grounds for a complaint.

For example, if JJP adds a night shift to build the rumored unlicensed pin, you could have three different pins rolling out of the same factory. Stern manages it, I think Jack could too.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from statsdoc:

I was told an "ORIGINAL" theme with a "SMALL" lcd and "AFFORDABLY" priced. Why do people keep drifting from what I said?

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I was told an "ORIGINAL" theme with a "SMALL" lcd and "AFFORDABLY" priced. Why do people keep drifting from what I said?

Because your little birdie is saying different things than my little birdie

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Because your little birdie is saying different things than my little birdie

So you saying there not "birds of a feather".

#65 10 years ago

Now we have 2.5 JJP preorders to argue about

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Because this is pinball and that is what fuels it.

You said drifting, that's it, Jack's doing a Fast and furious pin. Thanks for the update !

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Don't listen to me.

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Because this is pinball and that is what fuels it.
    You said drifting, that's it, Jack's doing a Fast and furious pin. Thanks for the update !
    LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Don't listen to me.

You never fail to put a smile on my face, thanks.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

My head just exploded

Something just exploded. I need to grab my credit card right after a shower .

#70 10 years ago

Sounds exciting. I hope Jack has something up his sleeve. I'm losing interest in WOZ. TH is too far away.

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

No it means before someone emails me I can't comment.
    But in other words. GFY.

I cannot believe that Jack lets you act as a representative of his company here or anywhere. Honestly.

#72 10 years ago

Wow this ties in nicely with all the MM2 rumors. Vid is right we are dreamers but this dream could turn into $$ for Planetary Pinball and JJP, logically speaking (I think).

#73 10 years ago

Interesting. I might just pick up a standard of this new game while other people wait for their LEs. Then I will wait patiently for the code to be finished.

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I cannot believe that Jack lets you act as a representative of his company here or anywhere. Honestly.

Alex has stated many times he speaks for himself. Jack speaks for Jack. And you did see the comment he was responding to, right? It's not like that just came out of left field, and frankly I would've taken offense too if that had been said to me.

But of course, I don't speak for Alex.

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

No it means before someone emails me I can't comment.
    But in other words. GFY.

GFY means good for you right?

#76 10 years ago

Popeye remake.

#77 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

But of course, I don't speak for Alex.

You just did LOL. Alex has a right to defend himself thats for sure. However saying go f yourself goes against the rules of Pinside.

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

You just did LOL. Alex has a right to defend himself thats for sure. However saying go f yourself goes against the rules of Pinside.

It is, see under one of the two times he said it. Paid a price for it.

#79 10 years ago

Any chance JJP will ever make standard body pins?

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I sure hope they do not do this, at least not for a long while. I'm all for the extra creativity in design you can have with wide body games. I like games that are different too (though I recognize different is not always better) and we have now had nothing but standard size games since 1999 (and Pin2k was actually standard size as well now that I think about it).

I'm all for having new and unique layouts and designs. Wide body games have room for some innovation; let's keep seeing it.

#81 10 years ago

I'm amazed at the number of people that have been waiting for years and still defend JJP, I would lose my mind if there was even a hint of truth and I was still waiting for WOZ.

#82 10 years ago

People aren't thinking straight. All Woz machines should be delivered by February ish at this current rate. WB won't let JJP release TH until next December due to the assets in the film. What is the factory supposed to do for a year? They have an assembly line staff who have just been trained up. It makes perfect sense for JJP to have hired people to work on a 3rd pin in the interim. It isn't going to affect TH production in the slightest

#83 10 years ago

Sorry, I don't see this happening. I think making better tweaks to WOZ would be the best business decision right now.

#84 10 years ago

A remake like MM is the only thing that makes sense. The time it is taking to do the coding on WOZ and then soon on Hobbitt would leave no time to code another game from scratch. And MM was an original theme. It makes total sense to me.

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

A remake like MM is the only thing that makes sense. The time it is taking to do the coding on WOZ and then soon on Hobbitt would leave no time to code another game from scratch. And MM was an original theme. It makes total sense to me.

Yeah remake of MM and/or AFM (perhaps something else) would be the only way I see them having enough time to get it done before Hobbit. There has been an awful lot of talk lately about these two machines being made again. I guess we will se what happens.

#86 10 years ago

Put me down for one AFM v2 please.

Any rerun of Medieval will just pale compared to a pristine original ...

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Agreed!!

No more remakes. JJP is moving forward, not back to 1997.

#88 10 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Put me down for one AFM v2 please.

Days the guy who owns an original and doesn't want prices to dive

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from j69:

Says the guy who owns an original and doesn't want prices to dive

I do own one I bought new, but it's extremely unlikely I'll ever sell it. If I do, it will be the last pin I ever have/sell and probably well after the peak of what it would sell for these days. A few days ago, my family told me that MM could never be sold.

"Even for fifteen thousand or more?"
    <Very long pause. Wife and daughter look at each other, then at me>
    "NO"

I'm slightly more practical than that, but a rerun of MM will still cost more than double of what i paid for mine, so I don't care all that much.

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from j69:

All Woz machines should be delivered by February ish at this current rate. WB won't let JJP release TH until next December due to the assets in the film. What is the factory supposed to do for a year?

I'm sure JJP would have been happy to produce WOZ for the rest of the year but there doesn't seem to be many buyers beyond the pre-orders?

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm sure JJP would have been happy to produce WOZ for the rest of the year but there doesn't seem to be many buyers beyond the pre-orders?

How many standards have been ordered?

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I hope so. I would hope they would allow the designer the freedom to choose the size most appropriate for their concept.

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

How many standards have been ordered?

We don't know. All we know is 1000 LEs. Anecdotally it seems the number of standards is a far smaller number, we don't hear alot from people who have ordered them and are waiting in the queue. Not sure if the standards will outnumber the LEs by the time the dust settles.

#94 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I was merely speculating, that is why the sentence and paragraph started with the word "if". I don't know any little birdies and did not make the initial comment on MM. I don't think speculating is driving rumors as much as little birdies to be honest.

If the moon was made of cheese ...

#95 10 years ago

#96 10 years ago

Oh boy

image.jpgimage.jpg

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Sorry, I don't see this happening. I think making better tweaks to WOZ would be the best business decision right now.

How many people do you propose should be spending 40+ hours each week making tweaks to WOZ? Also seems to me the majority of 'tweaks' you are referring to are code updates, correct? My understanding is that the hardware is now working very well and all that is left is to finish production and code.

So that is ~3 people that should still be tweaking WOZ with a bunch of line staff building them till probably Feb/March 2014. That leaves 9 months before the 3rd Hobbit movie even arrives. JJP has been clear of the Hobbit release date and I am sure they nave no room to move that forward.

What would you do with all of the other people that currently work for JJP?

I assume that the coding for WOZ lays a nice framework for all future games to be coded on which means less time needed for the foundation.

I assume JJP now has a fully functioning factory with employees that are assembling pinball machines on a daily basis.

I assume JJP now has the component manufacturers all worked out after WOZ.

I assume JJP would like to keep producing pinball machines and retain any trained staff year round.

I know there are a few well known pinball designers which have ready to go layouts that would love to make a run of games.

These are a lot of assumptions, but they are all based in logic.

I welcome as many new pinball machines as possible.

I also think there is a good chance that JJP will start making some sort of redemption games at some point in the future. They would be silly not to, since those still sell like crazy on route and make HUGE $$$$$.

#98 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

We don't know. All we know is 1000 LEs. Anecdotally it seems the number of standards is a far smaller number, we don't hear alot from people who have ordered them and are waiting in the queue. Not sure if the standards will outnumber the LEs by the time the dust settles.

oh, by your statement that there were not many orders after the preorder I thought you might know something.

#99 10 years ago

Um no. They ran 1000 LEs. Then they setup 1000 Standard WOZ pins. When they run out of those thousand Standard WOZ they are going to make un-numbered Standard WOZ machines. My Standard, from the first week of July is #291. That was July. Believe me, they're going to sell out that numbered run of Standards too.

Woznumber.jpgWoznumber.jpg

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I sure hope they do not do this, at least not for a long while. I'm all for the extra creativity in design you can have with wide body games. I like games that are different too (though I recognize different is not always better) and we have now had nothing but standard size games since 1999 (and Pin2k was actually standard size as well now that I think about it).
    I'm all for having new and unique layouts and designs. Wide body games have room for some innovation; let's keep seeing it.

I agree, especially as I think I see we're trending towards displays-within-the-playfield, I predict. The costs of that technology just keeps getting lower and lower. Pressure sensitive high definition displays within the playfield just seem to be something that will be very feasible in the near future. Such displays are PERFECT for widebodies, giving extra illumination to the center of the playfield as well as adequate real estate for a meaningful display. By that time, for JJP to be proficient at widebody design would be a very good thing.

There are 384 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-jjp-game-before-hobbit/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.