• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20220517_192700702 (resized).jpg
B4826B0B-A1E0-4D89-A51F-E0876C404AB3 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

I’ve been a fan of American Pinball since Houdini. When Hot Wheels was announced, I was pretty much sold on it and initially was very impressed.
So I put it on my radar.
Then I got a chance to play it at a pinball show last summer and I wasn’t disappointed at all.

Then I had someone reach out to me and say “trust me, don’t buy hot wheels”

Ha!
Well I did acquire a Hot Wheels, and I could not be happier about it.
In fact, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that it is my FAVORITE pinball that I’ve played since Tron came out.
Yes, it’s that good.

First of all the cabinet looks awesome. It’s Hot Wheels. Who doesn’t love Hot Wheels?
Maybe Grandma on the porch from Judge Dredd, but I love em’!
And the build quality is superb.

But why is the game so good?

Because the shots are so damn awesome to rip.
The flow and rhythm feels super sweet, the modes are a ton of fun, it has a lot of depth and replay value, great animations, easy shots, hard shots and a very difficult and narrow turbo shot (kickback)

The bonus depth that feels endless is excellent, collecting cars and everything else in between.
A super jackpot held at the top magnet to smack? Fantastic!
The left spinner to back ramp right flipper return! This is such a feel great snake like shot it’s ridiculous.
The villain modes are always fun, and the game whips when set up right! (I did set my flippers to 28 which feels perfect to me)
It’s a shooters dream machine and my kids have all really taken to this game too.

If you’re on the fence, how can you be?
This thing is a friggin’ MASTERPIECE, and that opinion isn’t going to change ten years from now.

Gameplay 9+

Cabinet 9

Artwork 8

Sounds 8

Shots 9

Modes 8

Feel 8+

Fun factor 9+

Build quality 8+

Overall: 9+

Love fest over, but hopefully it sways some people to not miss this.

My hats off to American Pinball for delivering a gem. For my money and my opinion for whatever it’s worth or not, it’s an amazing game.
B4826B0B-A1E0-4D89-A51F-E0876C404AB3 (resized).jpegB4826B0B-A1E0-4D89-A51F-E0876C404AB3 (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago

Very good write up. It is a very solid build game. I've had mine about 11 months now and have not had to raise the playfield yet. I'm curious to want to to to look inside. I did remove the back glass to give it a look see. Very well laid out and neat.
Plus you can get a beach towel to us as a dust cover.

Kids Super Soft Cotton... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T8R39SM

PXL_20220517_192700702 (resized).jpgPXL_20220517_192700702 (resized).jpg
#3 1 year ago

Built like a tank, I had one of the original runs that needed the stopper on the inlane returns because the ball would spin out into outlane...Other than that, I never once had to raise the playfield.

That game rocks, I sold it because I was doing a renovation in our basement...Miss that pin

#4 1 year ago

It’s the pin in my lineup that I flip on most if it’s just me and I want a couple games. Pure fun!

#5 1 year ago

Love this pin - and especially love the price tag on it. I was hoping the pricing of TS4 would drive more people to check out Hot Wheels, it's a better pin at 1/2 the cost NIB.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Love this pin - and especially love the price tag on it. I was hoping the pricing of TS4 would drive more people to check out Hot Wheels, it's a better pin at 1/2 the cost NIB.

Yes exactly! For the price it really can’t be beat! So much bang for the buck it’s crazy.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

This thing is a friggin’ MASTERPIECE, and that opinion isn’t going to change ten years from now.

This is still my favorite part about pinball. Every game is somebody's favorite game. I didn't care for it that much, but I've only played it on location.

2 months later
#8 11 months ago

just to add an overall +1 to all of you guys

and to OP, strange coincidence, as HW is the second pin i bought without playing it !!!
reading infos & watching streams (mainly Karl DE) did enough for me to know that i would like it

than the other pin i bought blind was TRON LE, simply because at that time, we had to order/pay reservation, it was "go for it" or "forget it"...

1 week later
#9 10 months ago

Great risk and reward. Fun game play. Incredible lighting. The speed, lanes, loops and sounds are a perfect compliment to the HW racing theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-hot-wheels-review- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.