(Topic ID: 95492)

A group of young kids enjoying pinball at my house last night.

By jkroeck25

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_1521.JPG
    100_1522.JPG
    100_1524.JPG
    100_1525.JPG
    100_1523.JPG
    100_1519.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

My wife had a bunch of friends over for a casual dinner and drinks last night. I was not expecting any kids to come, but when some showed up I turned the pins on for them. The five of them, ages 7-10, played for 3 straight hours and loved it. I was surprised because I expected pinball to keep their interest for 30 minutes or so. I kept the DM turned off because of the home roms, but I guess I could have turned that off in the settings. I have only owned that for 2 weeks and never tried it yet. Anyway, It was pretty neat to see them enjoying themselves.100_1521.JPG100_1521.JPG100_1522.JPG100_1522.JPG100_1524.JPG100_1524.JPG100_1525.JPG100_1525.JPG100_1523.JPG100_1523.JPG100_1519.JPG100_1519.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Nice! And a Gottlieb em as well. Maybe some future pin owners. Nice way to share the hobby.~SpOoKy

#3 9 years ago

Poor little ol' Demolition Man gets no attention

Still surprised that the youth can relate to pinball after 20-odd years

#4 9 years ago

That's awesome! Glad to see you may've found some new pinball fans!

#5 9 years ago

So awesome. I had a very similar situation last week when my nieces and nephews came over. I figured, like you, 30 minutes tops and they'd move on. It turned into a pinball tournament! I only have one game at the moment but my nephew, who is probably 13, said "this is the greatest pinball machine ever!" Haha. I'm not sure how many he's played. It was just great to see such interest and sad at the same time. It may be their only exposure to pinball.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

And a Gottlieb em as well.

Yes, Spin A Card

#7 9 years ago

That's pretty awesome.
    Nothing better than planting seeds into the next generations of potential buyers & getting them away from the console.

These guys are gonna want a Pinball collection of their own.
    The Silver ball will soon take over.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-group-of-young-kids-enjoying-pinball-at-my-house-last-night and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.