7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by swinks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

The new Wolverine trailer is out. Amazing.

Love the theme, history, and how and where this whole tangent and them are going. I see so much potential in a pinball context that could be used from this and all the history (movie and comic).

Thoughts?

#2 7 years ago

i thought we already had an xmen wolverine game?

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from forensicd:

i thought we already had an xmen wolverine game?

IMO, no. We have an xmen game with wolverine. Not a wolverine game. Maybe so? Maybe not?

#4 7 years ago

I'm guessing no interest.

Loved the trailer.

#5 7 years ago

Trailer looks great, no doubt.

#6 7 years ago

I think the trailer for Logan has to be one of the best trailers of the year. I'm pumped for the movie now. Especially since it will be Hugh Jackman's last performance as Wolverine.

As a pinball machine, focused on Wolverine...the idea is growing on me.

He is arguably the best xmen character ever created. It sure does have a dedicated fan base, but there seems to be a divide between the comic devotees and the movie fans as to the direction they took Wolverine in the movies.

#7 7 years ago

I thought there would have been more interest. Looking forward to the movie big time.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

He is arguably the best xmen character ever created. It sure does have a dedicated fan base, but there seems to be a divide between the comic devotees and the movie fans as to the direction they took Wolverine in the movies.

As a die hard Wolverine fan since grade school in the 90s, I can attest to a divide over the way Wolverine is in the movies. Hugh Jackman has done an admirable job and it's nice that he was so devoted to it but he was very different from the Wolverine in the comics.

Wolverine is best as a grumpy background or side character in the big X-Men storylines or crossover events. His best solo stories were always peeks into his back story or small town events when he was on the road. After the movies they started putting him in the Avengers and it's changed his character in the comics.

I refuse to watch a trailer for the new movie because I want to be surprised but the rumors I've heard have me afraid they are going to kill him off and make X-23 take over Wolverine like they did in the comic. I was really hoping they would just recast Wolverine with a shorter, grumpier, hairier guy like he was in the comics.

I'm not interested in a pin solely based on Wolverine.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

As a die hard Wolverine fan since grade school in the 90s, I can attest to a divide over the way Wolverine is in the movies. Hugh Jackman has done an admirable job and it's nice that he was so devoted to it but he was very different from the Wolverine in the comics.
    Wolverine is best as a grumpy background or side character in the big X-Men storylines or crossover events. His best solo stories were always peeks into his back story or small town events when he was on the road. After the movies they started putting him in the Avengers and it's changed his character in the comics.
    I refuse to watch a trailer for the new movie because I want to be surprised but the rumors I've heard have me afraid they are going to kill him off and make X-23 take over Wolverine like they did in the comic. I was really hoping they would just recast Wolverine with a shorter, grumpier, hairier guy like he was in the comics.
    I'm not interested in a pin solely based on Wolverine.

It looks like one hell of a movie. It almost comes across like a non-superhero movie. It seems more of a road movie, a very father/son, father/daughter focused, character driven story. It looks fantastic. I think your fears might come true however...I get the feeling that both Xavier and Wolverine are screwed. I think they will pass the baton onto x-23 moving forward.

#10 7 years ago

looks good, would be a great pinball theme and maybe including the other wolverines all in one game, but not with a big bash toy

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-great-new-pinball-theme-for-the-taking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.