• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image2 agogo (resized).jpeg
image1 Agogo (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

I have cleaned the playfield from the A-Go-Go and had the issue that a switch was giving a short at the nr 1 drum off player 1. After the help received here the problem was solved......But, then the right flipper is giving another issue. See the pictures attached.

Left picture is with the right flipper button pushed.
Right picture is with the left flipper button pushed.

I did replace the coil for a new(er) one and checked if it is working. No problem with the coil. Then the steel shaft ( do not know the name for this piece ) replaced but no improvement.

Does any one know about this problem or have had the same issue. What could it be. HELP...HELP

Thx , Hans

image1 Agogo (resized).jpegimage1 Agogo (resized).jpeg

image2 agogo (resized).jpegimage2 agogo (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Funny flipper wiring on A Go Go for sure. The upper pic is correct operation with left button pushed. On the lower pic the the only thing missing is the far right flipper with the right button pushed.

I believe there are two cabinet switches on each button. On the right one, one switch controls the two flippers that are working, and the other switch only controls the flipper that is not working. I would check that switch and if it is OK, I would look at the coil wiring on that dead flipper.

#3 6 years ago

Thank o-din for the answer. That is a good idea to check the switch.

I did check the wiring at the coil side and this looks fine but not yet measured / checked it down the line.

It is maybe wise to replace the switch anyway.

Will keep you informed with the progress

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Klokkie:

It is maybe wise to replace the switch anyway.

Unless a switch is visually broken, there is usually no reason to replace it. Check that the wires are soldered on good and it is indeed opening and closing and the contacts are there. File or sand the contacts and clean them with some alcohol on a q-tip.. while the machine is off of course. Sometime the contacts come loose on the switch blade and that can cause a problem too.

#5 6 years ago

What i checked a few seconds ago is that when i made contact with the single switch for the right flipper it looks that the spark is more green then blue and that it also looks that the current is not running thru the switch. The coil is buzzing but not really powered full on.
When i connect the other part of the switch the coils are powered full directly but also with a more green spark then blue but less green.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Klokkie:

The coil is buzzing but not really powered full on.

Then check the end of stroke switch at the flipper as that has to make good contact to give the flipper it's initial surge of power.

#7 6 years ago

Sorry a bit late reaction but i needed some sleep.
I will check the EOS and see if that's the issue.

It is funny how thinks can get an issue after a cleaning job, it seems to be more delicate then i thought.

I will let you know after work tonight how it went and if it is solved.

#8 6 years ago

It's not delicate. It's built to run forever and take a beating.. I should probably sleep too.

#9 6 years ago

Did a check at the EOS and the switch at the right flipper button. The EOS was oke and making good contact, so no problem there.

The switch energizing the right button was the issue. The short part of the switch was completly burned , i did replaced this one with a better one ( not new ) and yep the flipper is working as it should do. The A-Go-Go is full alive and cleaned, so let's play with the Christmas.

Thanks for the help and advise what to do to get it solved.

Regards, Hans

#10 6 years ago

Congrats! Nothing like a good night's sleep and a fresh start. Fun, fast game for sure. Very popular in my game room.

Merry Christmas!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-go-go-right-flipper-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.