Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Klokkie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Need help on an issue with the 1 point coil on the player 1 drum. The machine is resetting perfectly but at the end of the cycle the coil stays energized and this was not the issue when i start cleaning the playfield.
I removed the playfield from the cabinet because the machine was really dirty ( not cleaned for at least 20 to 30 years i think ) and the pop bumpers were extremly soft.
The main board in the cabinet was not touched by me and also the back but when the playfield was put in the issue was there.
I did check if there was a fault in any switch but could not found anything.

Does somebody knows what it can be.

Hans

#2 6 years ago

If the problem started when you removed and installed the playfield, then most likely there is a 1-point playfield switch somewhere that is not adjusted properly. When the 1-point score reel is energized, is the 1-point relay also energized at the same time? Check the following switches:

Right rollover button switch - yellow wire and orange wire
Left rollover button switch - yellow wire and orange wire
#1 bumper relay switch - yellow wire and orange wire
#2 bumper relay switch - yellow wire and green/black wire
Standup target switches - yellow wire and green/black wire
Kicker switches - yellow wire and green/black wire

Also, check the switches on the #1 and #2 pop bumpers...

#3 6 years ago

I will check this tonight.

#4 6 years ago

hi Fredsmythson, Did the check on all items you mentioned and stand up target switch left side was the fault, it looked there was a gap but just a little connection . Did the adjustment and the A-go-go is playing as new.
Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-go-go-1-point-coil-stays-energized-after-reset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.