(Topic ID: 193552)

A game you never thought you'd own, but once you got it....

By tamoore

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5216CC04-35A8-49E8-91C8-DDE1EAB8B8C9 (resized).jpeg
20170410_103349 (resized).jpg
20150909_222103 (resized).jpg
20150708_153649 (resized).jpg
20151122_160630 (resized).jpg
20151122_010512 (resized).jpg

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

.....you realized you liked it.

Mine current is Pin*Bot.

I really shouldn't like this game, but I'm playing it a lot and having fun.

Yours?

#2 6 years ago

Honestly, Medieval Madness. Thought it was overhyped. Played it at shows and wasn’t super into it. I got an MMR because a friend wasn’t able to pay and I figured I could always sell it easily. And now it’s never leaving.

#3 6 years ago

Future Spa!

Still needs a new back glass and restore job, but man that thing is shockingly fun and sexy. Plus I only paid $200 for it! Can't wait to restore it.

#4 6 years ago

MM is only overhyped if you just want to bash the castle. If you want to play it for the rule set however, now that's another story!

#5 6 years ago

Baywatch.

Couldn't stand the show, thought the theme was horrible, and the artwork cheesy, but....

A fantastically fun pin and still one of the best game play values for the money.

Later,
EV

#6 6 years ago

STTNG for me. Just an incredible game.

#7 6 years ago

For me it was Flintstones I just bought it because it was a good price but once i got it home i really liked the game.

#8 6 years ago

Dr Who.

Wasn't on my radar, but a trade opportunity came up. It's the first game I turn on and last to go off for the past few months.

#9 6 years ago

For me it's Aerosmith. I dogged the hell out of it and thought it would be worse than WWE, and now it's one of the best games I've ever played and is bolted to my floor and never leaving.

#10 6 years ago

WCS94 - everyone loves this, especially new players. Wife says I can never sell it.

#11 6 years ago

My Gottlieb '2001.'

Got it at a yard sale for $50 simply because it was cheap and in good shape. First impressions were that it'd be a boring game. Nothing to hit but drop targets along the side of the game?? Lame. Or so I thought.

After the first month or so, I began to really appreciate the nuances in playfield design that make the game really quite amazing. And even after the targets are down (if you can even get that far), a roaming special light keeps you aiming and on your toes. Today, the game is among my favorites, and has tremendous lastability.

#12 6 years ago

WOZ... it was impressive looking but when first played it code was early beta... thought it was unique but could never see owning it. Especially since back then I had reset my collection. However, my wife LOVED it... edventually it ended up making it home and man did that game ever grow on me in a hurry.

#13 6 years ago

Dr who and pinbot for me.

Wasn't actively hunting for them, but the prices couldn't be beat.

Now I don't think I want to sell them lol

#14 6 years ago

Kiss premium

Hated it when it first came out. Thought Gene's head was lame. Spent some more time on the pro (just for something to play) and ended up loving the game....

#16 6 years ago

Lady Robin Hood.

I could never get the way the flippers were layed out just by looking at pics. But once I put a few games on it, it makes total sense. And it's still here.

#17 6 years ago

Track and Field cocktail.

#18 6 years ago

Soccer.

#19 6 years ago

After reading several responses above and wondering how people could dislike one of my favorite games, Pinbot, I then remembered -- hey! I used to absolutely loathe Pinbot too! Thought the theme was cheesy, the artwork was weird (I still think much of Python's artwork is weird, but I've warmed up to it), and the gameplay was meh. Then I tried the virtual Future Pinball version, and got hooked. Then a fellow Pinsider invited me to try his, and I decided I must have one. Then I found a beautiful huo example, and it's never leaving my collection.

#20 6 years ago

Bsd .... absolutely love it and one of my all time favorites even after owning many top pins.

#21 6 years ago

Todd I did buy some Phoenix Arcade cpo's for that. They're still in the tube. Sinbad first.

#22 6 years ago

F14. Never understood the appeal for years, picked up one for a good price, and just fell in love. Ive thought about moving it on many times...then I play it again and come to my senses.

#23 6 years ago

IM, WD, Tron, Taxi, BSD, SM, FT, RFM, TS

#24 6 years ago

1978 Gottlieb Strange World: No return lanes to flippers, no drop targets, no spinners, only a single button rollover and only one lousy kick-out hole. Notwithstanding, it's my favorite wedgehead and a mainstay in my line-up.

1953 Gottlieb Grand Slam woodrail: The wide flipper orientation of this game kept me from buying one for years. Then, in 2013, I acquired one in a multi-game trade. It turns out that I like the game so much that it has outlasted Daisy May, Niagara, Spot Bowler and several other hot woodrail titles formerly in my line-up.

20151122_010512 (resized).jpg20151122_010512 (resized).jpg

20151122_160630 (resized).jpg20151122_160630 (resized).jpg

20150708_153649 (resized).jpg20150708_153649 (resized).jpg

20150909_222103 (resized).jpg20150909_222103 (resized).jpg

#25 6 years ago

Dirty Harry. How this game is so far under the radar is baffling.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Dirty Harry. How this game is so far under the radar is baffling.

Oh I think some people are starting to get how awesome this game is.

phoenix.craigslist.org link

#27 6 years ago

At least a flipper won't get this one...

#28 6 years ago

Genesis. One of the fugliest backglasses ever... and I can't stop playing it. Couldn't pass up taking Drano 's super nice restore for a spin. So glad I did. Great rules. Great shots. Really fun machine.

#29 6 years ago

TotAN.... Growing up I hated the theme and thought the pin was ugly as hell... But them I got the chance of a trade for a FT I was trying to get rid of and thought "what the hell..." Well, changed the translite for an alternative one and I love the game-play!

#30 6 years ago

Hook was one i never thought much of until it came up really cheap.
It's a simple, fun game to play and most people i have over really enjoy it.

#31 6 years ago

monster bash was not on my radar , but once i played it was immidiately on my list ....and undergoin deal for MM dropped off and MB jumped in

epic game.

#32 6 years ago

Wwe.....I thought it was the worst stern to date....I was wrong...new code and what a fun pin...I don't like the theme or art but the game play is fun...

#33 6 years ago

Scared Stiff and Cirqus Voltaire.

#34 6 years ago

I don't own it yet, but TWD. I don't like the theme at all (hate zombies in general, not the show itself), and the last thing I wanted in my house was all the visceral noises from the pin. But after playing it a bunch of times, it's now at the very top of my wishlist!

#35 6 years ago

Gilligan's Island had me pressing the start button as soon as the last ball drained.

#36 6 years ago

Jack Bot and Baywatch for me

#37 6 years ago

I'll also throw down for baywatch. Thought the show was awful and the art was super cheezy, but one came up for sale cheap locally and I pounced on it. What a awesome game to play and super challenging.

Also comet. What a fun game. Although I sold mine (a mistake) it always had the one more game factor trying to get that 1M pt shot.

#38 6 years ago

OK I will confess, The stupidest game that I was impressed with (im still in denial over) is Lethal Weapon 3. Yes I know "you cant be serious" But I ended up with one on a trade deal for awhile. It was in perfect condition. I was just going to get rid of it. I started playing it and I really liked the air ball you get when hitting the center targets just right. The ball would slam into the wood side rail and make a huge bang... I would just giggle at that. I really liked the noises and the call outs (although it is somewhat embarrassing to admit) I also liked the draw your gun interaction too as simple and stupid as it was. I did get rid of it but I will always play that game on location!

#39 6 years ago

Mustang, loved it. Custom music puts it over the top.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

OK I will confess, The stupidest game that I was impressed with (im still in denial over) is Lethal Weapon 3. Yes I know "you cant be serious" But I ended up with one on a trade deal for awhile. It was in perfect condition. I was just going to get rid of it. I started playing it and I really liked the air ball you get when hitting the center targets just right. The ball would slam into the wood side rail and make a huge bang... I would just giggle at that. I really liked the noises and the call outs (although it is somewhat embarrassing to admit) I also liked the draw your gun interaction too as simple and stupid as it was. I did get rid of it but I will always play that game on location!

Mine is LW3 too! Haha

#41 6 years ago

X-Men. Listened to the panning it took for years and thought I'd dodged a bullet by never being remotely interested. As more solid reviews started to float to the top after the hate-hype died down I took another look, and the artwork tugged at me and a few videos later I took the plunge on a Magneto LE. The game blew me away instantly and in a celebrated death match over the next few months it kicked seven of my so-called keepers out the door, redefined what I like in home games and even how I approach the hobby as a whole. The most important game of my hobby "career".

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

X-Men. Listened to the panning it took for years and thought I'd dodged a bullet by never being remotely interested. As more solid reviews started to float to the top after the hate-hype died down I took another look, and the artwork tugged at me and a few videos later I took the plunge on a Magneto LE. The game blew me away instantly and in a celebrated death match over the next few months it kicked seven of my so-called keepers out the door, redefined what I like in home games and how I approach the whole hobby. The most important game of my hobby "career".

Interesting. I never gave Xmen much thought....I will have to check it out now...

#43 6 years ago

Genie, I bought it because it is pretty and I got a steal on a very well preserved example. Now it is one of my favorite games.

#44 6 years ago

Jokerz! I saved this game from going to the scrap pile. I figured I would fix it up and sell it.....NOPE! Once I got it all working and shopped it out, and changed the rules, this game is fun.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

Dr Who.
Wasn't on my radar, but a trade opportunity came up. It's the first game I turn on and last to go off for the past few months.

Same here

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

is bolted to my floor and never leaving.

It's hard to nudge like that. No slide saves for you.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

It's hard to nudge like that. No slide saves for you.

So that's why I suck so bad probably.....hmm. Lol

#48 6 years ago

It's got to be Grand Prix for me. Love those spinners. There is just something about this game that keeps me coming back.

20170410_103349 (resized).jpg20170410_103349 (resized).jpg

#49 6 years ago

Iron Man. I always said it was a one ball game. Then I bought one on a whim one night. It was a good price on a vault edition. I figured I could have it for a few months and then dump it out the door for about the same price. Three nights later it had jumped to being one of my all time favorite games. It brings a special kind of pinball brutality. Short nasty games that can be so satisfying.

#50 6 years ago

Iron Man. I was one of those people that spoke negatively of the game when first revealed because it looked so Barron. Now it's the only game I've purchased NIB twice.

Still wish it had a true skill shot though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-game-you-never-thought-youd-own-but-once-you-got-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.