Edit this
A Fishy Tale

Wednesday March 8th 2017

Problem with fish tales switch 36 error on startup. During multiball there is delay in time it takes to get all balls onto playfield. 5-8 seconds. I've replaced the switch (twice) and it will work correctly (shoots all balls out of catapult within 3 seconds) for about 10 games and then goes back to slow mo mode. I've been told by many that the switches are notoriously flakey. I've bent the arm so that it gets more contact to no avail. I've played a few fish takes that had this same problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Captain Ahab

Sent from my iPad

Dear Captain Ahab

Might not be the switch. You could have a poor connection along the wiring from the switch to the CPU. The wires go from switch to switch, through connectors, from the switch to the CPU.

Start digging. Don't assume things look good, use a meter too and check for ohms, shouldn't be any.

LTG : )

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside