12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by shock_me
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Aurora-20120120-00045.jpg
    Aurora-20120120-00044.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

So, what kind of collector are you? Pic #1 or Pic #2?

Picked up a new game a while back and this is the large J3 connector to the rectifier, though the smaller J1 and J2 connectors weren't much better. Anyway, I just couldn't leave this for fear of a nice little zap down the road. Particularly with wires 1 and 2 which could easily touch each other. This game was in someone's personal collection. Perhaps it's my OCD?

2nd pic- ahhh, much better now.

Aurora-20120120-00044.jpgAurora-20120120-00044.jpg Aurora-20120120-00045.jpgAurora-20120120-00045.jpg

Post edited by Goonie : Ah, i wasnt done!

#2 12 years ago

Looks like an early Bally power module. They are usually crispy, but this one looked exceptionally bad. Nice repair! Did you use Trifurcon pins?

#3 12 years ago

I am doomed, as my fear of all things electrical will surely make every machine I own a potential deathtrap in my eyes. I will most assuredly be pic #2
    Thats why I'm doing a small-scale electronics course before I blow myself the hell up

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from OrochiLeona:

Thats why I'm doing a small-scale electronics course before I blow myself the hell up

I'm considering doing the same thing.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Looks like an early Bally power module. They are usually crispy, but this one looked exceptionally bad. Nice repair! Did you use Trifurcon pins?

Yeah, Trifurcon. I figured they're not that much more, and I feel better for some reason. Though, I can't say I ever notice a difference.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Yeah, Trifurcon. I figured they're not that much more, and I feel better for some reason. Though, I can't say I ever notice a difference

The difference is there is more surface area on Trifurcon pins, so they make a lot better contact on the male pins, meaning less resistance and less heat. Good choice!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-fire-waiting-to-happen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.