Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by chas10e
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I've just added a nice Xenon to the line up and have a few questions.
First, the machine was awarding an extra ball as soon as the first switch around the top saucer was hit. The manual shows awards set by setting 16 and 17 in the ancient settings menu system. 16 is on 03 and 17 was on 02, changing 17 to 01 seems to have stopped it. I'm guessing it was awarding an extra ball for a very low preset score being achieved but I'm not sure if I understand that correctly, or how to set the score limit. Can someone explain please?

Secondly, I've noticed a noise coming from the coin door quite often during play, on inspection it seems to be the small coil on the back of the door energising/de-energising, is it supposed to do that? what is it doing? it seems to do it almost constantly, for example when the top saucer is hit or the ball drains the coil de-energises. It seems to be energised all the time when the machine is in attract mode, seems odd a coil being energised for so long. I'm guessing its completely normal as the machine plays fine but just curious.

#2 6 years ago

The coil pulls in when the game powers on, letting coins pass. If you drop a quarter while it's powered off, you get it back.

#3 6 years ago

It also sounds like you have a low score set to award a free ball. Usually that would be done to give a free game on older games, making it freeplay basically. Sorry I don't know the menu system off by heart, but it should be in the manual

#4 6 years ago

the manual is available @ IPDB http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2821

Quoted from tomdotcom:

It also sounds like you have a low score set to award a free ball. Usually that would be done to give a free game on older games, making it freeplay basically. Sorry I don't know the menu system off by heart, but it should be in the manual

this sounds about right. score thresholds are in bookkeeping features. the #17 set to =01 means it doesn't award on a high score

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 90.00
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-few-xenon-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.