ted on horse-526.jpg
Mike & Sherry Giorgio.JPG
ted growing.jpg
punky.png
ted john carpenter.jpg
Ted & Stan Lee.jpg
ted girls pin.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 468 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Curious why no pictures of the games under construction ?

Who killed Kennedy??

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I wouldn't either. Seeing stuff getting built is really fun for me. But with some folks here just wanting to stir up problems, I don't blame anyone for staying away with whatever they know.

I may pick and choose a picture here or there to post, but sharing emails unless expressly stated not to is still a not great idea.

But I can't leave my Homeys in the dark, could I ? LOWEPG especially, since he's been so supportive.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I wouldn't either. Seeing stuff getting built is really fun for me. But with some folks here just wanting to stir up problems, I don't blame anyone for staying away with whatever they know.

IMG_20141201_124232.jpgIMG_20141201_124232.jpg

#54 9 years ago

He didn't make any mention or use of the word Predator

IMG_3536.GIFIMG_3536.GIF
#55 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Means very little so far. I'm not gonna read a conspiracy theory into every post. Just gonna ride the ride, since this is my last preorder.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just gonna ride the ride, since this is my last preorder

Very good attitude.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think Spooky as an operation is the gold standard for boutiques. Small, lean and mean operation, but grinding out product. Office staff returning emails, etc. No one is left asking questions.

Not to mention his incredible tech support run by Bryan Kelly

#58 9 years ago

Glad to see he's doing the bi-weekly update (which I did suggest)...At this point, I wish these guys all the luck in the world and hope they can get things sorted and out to buyers as soon as possible. It's real easy for people to be rude and hate, but let's just wish them luck. Only buyers have a right to be mad and after this note from Kevin, I'm sure he'll be more responsive if you want a refund. Hang in there Skit-B.

#59 9 years ago

"The Machine" Shipping some time in the Twenty Teens.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Are you saying that he just wrote that huge post about the pinball machine they are building, which is OK to do, but if he included a sentence that said "The game will look great and meet everybody's expectations with no surprises like a re-theme or whatever people have been talking about." that he would be in breach of his contract?

I doubt it.

No, I'm saying he just wrote 13 paragraphs of detailed information about "the machine" and simply forgot to mention it by name.

#61 9 years ago

Ok...I couldn't take it anymore, so I wrote to the president of Fox Pictures. (I AM in the film industry) Here is his reply:

Dear SPFXTED / Pres Filmline Communications, Inc.

We know there are a lot of people and groups out there who want to make Predator-oriented stuff. We also know that you might have questions on what you can or can’t do with our Intellectual Property (“IP”). To that end, we created this FAQ and Guidelines to address some popular questions and lay out the conditions under which we are generally (but not necessarily always) willing to let you use our IP to make interesting stuff.

The general idea:
We’ll start with our golden rule – you can use Predator IP as the basis for a fan project that you’re giving away for free or that’s only generating ad revenue (we’ll refer to this type of free fan project as a “Project”), as long as you comply with the guidelines outlined below for using our IP (the “Guidelines”). As a matter of fact, as long as you comply with our Guidelines, we think it’s great if you create awesome, free and original content for Predator fans.
If you ask players to pay you for something that’s based on our IP, however, you’ll first need our prior written consent. Submit a request for consent by contacting us at xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com so we can inspect your work and decide whether your Project’s gonna be allowed. To be clear: our default answer to these sorts of projects is to disallow them.
We reserve the right to deny the use of our IP at any time, for any reason or no reason, including when we think our stuff is being used inappropriately (which we decide at our sole discretion). If we deny you the right to use our IP, you will need to stop distributing any part of your Project that uses or might use our IP.
Guidelines:
We’ve got some further conditions for use of our IP in your Project:

Our logos.
Unless we’ve given you prior written consent, you can’t use any of our logos (including the Predator logo) anywhere on your Project or any website, advertising material, video or other publication.
We don’t endorse your Project.
If you share your Project with others, then you need to include the following notice so it is easy for people to see, such as on the app/web page where your Project can be downloaded:
[The title of your Project] isn’t endorsed by Fox and doesn’t reflect the views or opinions of Fox or anyone officially involved in producing or managing Predator. Predator, Predator 2 and Alien vs Predator are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fox, Inc.
Kevin Kulek and Skit-B Pinball has full license to use our logo, images from the motion picture, Predator, and any and all voice-over work from Arnold Schwarzenegger. Pinside members who are giving them a hard time can go fu*k themselves.
Sincerely,
Heywood Jablome / Pres Fox Pictures

#62 9 years ago

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok...I couldn't take it anymore, so I wrote to the president of Fox Pictures. (I AM in the film industry) Here is his reply:
We know there are a lot of people and groups out there who want to make Predator-oriented stuff. We also know that you might have questions on what you can or can’t do with our Intellectual Property (“IP”). To that end, we created this FAQ and Guidelines to address some popular questions and lay out the conditions under which we are generally (but not necessarily always) willing to let you use our IP to make interesting stuff.
The general idea:
We’ll start with our golden rule – you can use Predator IP as the basis for a fan project that you’re giving away for free or that’s only generating ad revenue (we’ll refer to this type of free fan project as a “Project”), as long as you comply with the guidelines outlined below for using our IP (the “Guidelines”). As a matter of fact, as long as you comply with our Guidelines, we think it’s great if you create awesome, free and original content for Predator fans.
If you ask players to pay you for something that’s based on our IP, however, you’ll first need our prior written consent. Submit a request for consent by contacting us at xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com so we can inspect your work and decide whether your Project’s gonna be allowed. To be clear: our default answer to these sorts of projects is to disallow them.
We reserve the right to deny the use of our IP at any time, for any reason or no reason, including when we think our stuff is being used inappropriately (which we decide at our sole discretion). If we deny you the right to use our IP, you will need to stop distributing any part of your Project that uses or might use our IP.
Guidelines:
Our logos.
Unless we’ve given you prior written consent, you can’t use any of our logos (including the Predator logo) anywhere on your Project or any website, advertising material, video or other publication.
If you share your Project with others, then you need to include the following notice so it is easy for people to see, such as on the app/web page where your Project can be downloaded:
[The title of your Project] isn’t endorsed by Fox and doesn’t reflect the views or opinions of Fox or anyone officially involved in producing or managing Predator. Predator, Predator 2 and Alien vs Predator are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fox, Inc.
Kevin Kulek and Skit-B Pinball has full license to use our logo, images from the motion picture, Predator, and any and all voice-over work from Arnold Schwarzenegger. Pinside members who are giving them a hard time can go fu*k themselves.
Sincerely,

Well. Case Closed. Let's get some games made!

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The general idea:We’ll start with our golden rule – you can use Predator IP as the basis for a fan project that you’re giving away for free or that’s only generating ad revenue (we’ll refer to this type of free fan project as a “Project”), as long as you comply with the guidelines outlined below for using our IP (the “Guidelines”). As a matter of fact, as long as you comply with our Guidelines, we think it’s great if you create awesome, free and original content for Predator fans.If you ask players to pay you for something that’s based on our IP, however, you’ll first need our prior written consent. Submit a request for consent by contacting us at xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com so we can inspect your work and decide whether your Project’s gonna be allowed. To be clear: our default answer to these sorts of projects is to disallow them.We reserve the right to deny the use of our IP at any time, for any reason or no reason, including when we think our stuff is being used inappropriately (which we decide at our sole discretion). If we deny you the right to use our IP, you will need to stop distributing any part of your Project that uses or might use our IP.Guidelines:We’ve got some further conditions for use of our IP in your Project:
Our logos.Unless we’ve given you prior written consent, you can’t use any of our logos (including the Predator logo) anywhere on your Project or any website, advertising material, video or other publication.We don’t endorse your Project.If you share your Project with others, then you need to include the following notice so it is easy for people to see, such as on the app/web page where your Project can be downloaded:[The title of your Project] isn’t endorsed by Fox and doesn’t reflect the views or opinions of Fox or anyone officially involved in producing or managing Predator. Predator, Predator 2 and Alien vs Predator are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fox, Inc.Kevin Kulek and Skit-B Pinball has full license to use our logo, images from the motion picture, Predator, and any and all voice-over work from Arnold Schwarzenegger. Pinside members who are giving them a hard time can go fu*k themselves.Sincerely,Heywood Jablome / Pres Fox Pictures

Had me until "gonna", but still.

#65 9 years ago

Hey Wood Ja Blow Me

#66 9 years ago

Gold star today Ted!
Lol

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The general idea:
Guidelines:
Our logos.
Sincerely,

Seems legit

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Had me until "gonna", but still.

Thanks! At least you realized it was a joke....

#69 9 years ago

Now that's how you close out a letter...no wonder he's the president.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

You do realize this is just a copy / paste legal response...Not answering the question about where Skit-B's deal with Fox currently stands. Are there issues with Ahhh-nold? You know, that stuff.

You do realize Heywood Jablome is not an actual person, right?

#71 9 years ago

Hey! It COULD be!

#72 9 years ago

Good luck with this project SkitB
I hope that it akl goes smoothly from here

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hey! It COULD be!

That's true, although I doubt that he's the pres of fox pictures. What's funny is that people quote the entire post, but obviously didn't read the whole thing.

#74 9 years ago

Sarcasm is going over my head. I just hope machines ship soon. The first one should be delivered by Choppah!

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

You do realize this is just a copy / paste legal response...Not answering the question about where Skit-B's deal with Fox currently stands. Are there issues with Ahhh-nold? You know, that stuff.

Awesome. It's a beautiful thing when Pinside drama makes me laugh out loud.

#76 9 years ago

I think I met this Heywood you speak of once before.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

You do realize Heywood Jablome is not an actual person, right?

Dang it Ted! You had me going there. I'm gonna have my secretary Pat McCrotch send you a C&D for your comedic hijinks.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The general idea:
Guidelines:
Our logos.
Sincerely,

That is awesome (especially the last two sentences). Well played, Ted.

#79 9 years ago

Is it April 1st already

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Submit a request for consent by contacting us at xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com so we can inspect your work and decide whether your Project’s gonna be allowed. To be clear: our default answer to these sorts of projects is to disallow them.

I tried going to xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com, which shockingly is an actual website with a counter on it.

Then I tried reducing the number of x-es in the domain and eventually found one I really like.

#81 9 years ago

Ted, I love you man.

In-freakin-credible. Funny shit.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Predator.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

if he included a sentence that said "The game will look great and meet everybody's expectations with no surprises like a re-theme or whatever people have been talking about." that he would be in breach of his contract?

I wasn't aware that the rumors had reached that point. A re-theme? Really? Sure, YKpinballer, I think you've said it best already, so I'll just make your words my own:

The game will look great and meet everybody's expectations with no surprises like a re-theme or whatever people have been talking about.

Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

40 balls. So 10 games.

Somebody did their homework

Quoted from SadSack:

Nothing has changed and that pile of parts proves nothing. A bunch of gunnas, a half apology and a few bulk bags of PF parts is less than required to quell thinking people.
Apparently the thought of actually sharing the specific difficulties encountered is "unhealthy".
The first rule of the Predator: "Never mention the Predator." The only thing missing was the pitch for mythbusters deposits. Apparently the run on the bank finally got his attention.

This is exactly why it is unhealthy for me to regularly check in here. I can understand if you personally don't feel satiated by what was posted above, but "that pile of parts" certainly does prove more than "nothing," and there has obviously never been any mention of deposits for anything related to the mythbusters or their upcoming game. An open forum is no place for any person of any level of public scrutiny, as I can assure you that all of these types of jabs, however unfounded they are, are certainly felt and taken on a very personal level. At the very least, this post did bring up an issue that I feel needs to be addressed directly.

We have been working very closely with PayPal for a long time to make sure that every penny that goes through us is well-protected and secure. They have been extremely helpful and have developed a strong personal rapport with us that affords us the luxury of open and direct communication in any and all situations. With the security of all funds being absolutely paramount in ANY foreseeable case, there are processes that must be followed and while they can take a bit of time to work with, the end result is that even if we were to literally die or encounter a license issue or disappear to Venezuela or whatever other rumors there may be, we do so without risking a cent of your money.

#83 9 years ago

Oh shit! You said Predator!....NOW what will people complain about??

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Ted, I love you man.

Thanks! ......PREDATOR!!...gaaaa!...i can't stop saying it!!

#86 9 years ago

I am going to complain that Kevin is on here wasting time when I want him building my game!

All you trolls need to shut the hell up so Kevin can get back to work. I need my game this year so I don't loose my bet to Korn and have to wear som crazy shirt and buy him dinner (he might expect a little extra after dinner also).

#87 9 years ago

PREDATOR! Bwa-ha-ha-ha

#88 9 years ago

-

-

-

If you say it 3 times into a mirror, on the night of the new moon, at midnight, in the dark.... Fox appears in the mirror behind you with a C&D in hand.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

-

-

-
If you say it 3 times into a mirror, on the night of the new moon, at midnight, in the dark.... Fox appears in the mirror behind you with a C&D in hand.

Might as well double-meme it..

This is where the term "foxed" came from, right?

What does the Fox say? "Stop that."

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

-

-

-

Actually, Bill Cosby appears and assaults you.

#91 9 years ago

well played Kevin!

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

This is exactly why it is unhealthy for me to regularly check in here.

Don't blame you. Thanks for the update.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Might as well double-meme it..
This is where the term "foxed" came from, right?
What does the Fox say? "Stop that."

You joke, but I tried that thing where you say "Pumpkin Spice Latte" into a mirror 3 times in the dark.

A little blonde girl with a pony tail appeared in yoga pants and proceeded to list everything she likes about Fall.

Scared the shit out of me.

#94 9 years ago

Great post. Thanks! Now everybody can move on.

#95 9 years ago

Congrats on the new keyboard

Good luck with the builds Skit-B.

#96 9 years ago

And with that, all the drama ends for the rest of the holiday season!

Merry Christmas everybody!

#97 9 years ago

Lock both threads and play some pinball...

#98 9 years ago

Predator!!!!!!!!!!!

#99 9 years ago

Rally towards the goal, man!

When we look back at the early days of the indie pinball movement, do you want to be remembered as someone who pissed and moaned the whole time or as one who cheered on and supported its rise?

We all know how silly the folks look now in those old photos holding protest signs for the, um, wrong side of the fight.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#100 9 years ago

All of this unfounded drama and BS will give us PREDATOR owners something to laugh about between games!

There are 468 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-few-words-from-skit-b-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.