Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screw Bit Set (resized).JPG
My Good Humor (resized).jpg
psd-closeup (resized).jpg
24078152-0C26-4731-AD82-EB9C1B7B7337 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Actually just one screw short. I am missing one of the three screws that holds the ball gate to the top arch on a 1973 Gottlieb King Pin. I have the lock washer and nut. None of the screws in my parts bins are the right size head/length.

Anyone got an extra they could part with (no pun intended)? Just want to make sure it’s the right one. I appreciate it.

I’ll post in Seeking Parts too.

24078152-0C26-4731-AD82-EB9C1B7B7337 (resized).jpeg24078152-0C26-4731-AD82-EB9C1B7B7337 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Seems like a trip to your local Ace Hardware would be the lowest cost solution over shipping A screw?

#3 6 years ago

look underneath on the playfield and maybe you can take one from some other assembly that does not need the extra one , and it will be underneath so no one will know . ps I won't tell

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from luch:

look underneath on the playfield and maybe you can take one from some other assembly that does not need the extra one , and it will be underneath so no one will know . ps I won't tell

This part doesn't exist exactly in this form on the underside of the game.

The simplest thing to do would be to take one to the hardware store and match it. It is a #6 screw with standard round head and flat slot.

If there is an issue with it not matching the rest of the game buy all three new.

If you want a better appearance buy them in stainless steel.

Good luck with finding this part.

#5 6 years ago

They have a variety of screws available at the Bunny Ranch.

#6 6 years ago

I might have one . let me look later today , if I do i'll send it no charge by mail , just might be a while , let me know

#7 6 years ago

I don't think that is a particularly exotic screw. It should be available from a hardware store with a decent selection of screws. Or, fastenal or boltdepot.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

They have a variety of screws available at the Bunny Ranch.

Yeah, but their prices are a bit higher than Ace Hardware.

#9 6 years ago

I have a nice assortment of hardware in my parts bin but rarely the one I need at any given time.

#10 6 years ago

As I recall, I think it's either a 6-32 x 1/4" long or an 8-32 x 1/4" long.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from luch:

I might have one . let me look later today , if I do i'll send it no charge by mail , just might be a while , let me know

While an awesome gesture, shipping, export papers, and 2 weeks in transit for a .04 cent screw doesn't seem worth the time. Even for a kind gesture. lol

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

As I recall, I think it's either a 6-32 x 1/4" long or an 8-32 x 1/4" long.

You need a bunch of both sizes if you are going to own Gotts.

Buy a box of 50 in each size at the hardware store.

(I always convert my Gotts into Phillips head because it's less likely that the screwdriver will slip off and scratch something - scandalous, I know)

#13 6 years ago

I've been known to have a few screws loose from time to time.

I too prefer to swap out flat heads to phillips as I think the driver has a bit more bite to tighten them up.

Not that my opinion matters -- if Vid says so then that is all you need to know.

#14 6 years ago

I did a restore when in Canada and was a pain finding certain screws. I refused to use Robertsons (in spite of them being superior) since no F2K was made with those ever.

Seriously whats with that anyway - US not converting to Robertson. Just like the Metric system....

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Seriously whats with that anyway - US not converting to Robertson.

Most US screws now are kinda a hybrid, and take Phillips or Robertson drivers.

As far as the Metric system, no one can explain why the US has not fully converted, they started in 1975.

psd-closeup (resized).jpgpsd-closeup (resized).jpg

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

... no one can explain why the US has not fully converted, they started in 1975.

Quoted from Deez:

You know there's two types of people. Those that use the metric system and those that have been to the moon.

#17 6 years ago

The USA lost the Mars Lander a few years back because of the Metric system:

http://edition.cnn.com/TECH/space/9909/30/mars.metric.02/

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Seriously whats with that anyway - US not converting to Robertson.

They call them 'Square Drives" usually do not use the proper name of Robertson. Invented in 1906.
The Phillips was patented in the USA in 1932.

#19 6 years ago

I re-assembled an entire classic Good Humor truck by visiting my local Ace hardware. Just bring an example with you and you'll find what you need.

My Good Humor (resized).jpgMy Good Humor (resized).jpg

#20 6 years ago

aw man I ran after you for 10 blocks to get an ice cream! and you never stopped. Now I want an ice cream !

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

I re-assembled an entire classic Good Humor truck by visiting my local Ace hardware. Just bring an example with you and you'll find what you need.

THAT would be the Coolest pin hauler EVER!!!!

#22 6 years ago

I'm in the UK. Hardware stores? I remember those. Just about disappeared now. Local branch of Robert Dyas chain has some screws and basic fittings, glues and a wall of tools - but I dream about walking around one of the American stores. And don't get me started about threads. We have British Association, British Standard Whitworth, Unified (?), Metric, and a few others that turn up on machines 1940s to present. Phillips cross head screws, and Pozi-Drive. A Phillips driver will fit into a Pozi screw head but a Pozi driver will not fit into the Phillips screw head.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from oldtowner:

A Phillips driver will fit into a Pozi screw head but a Pozi driver will not fit into the Phillips screw head.

Is that some kind of Pozi Scheme?

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from oldtowner:

British Standard Whitworth

The Whitworth is all but gone in North America. But every film camera and tripod mount still use them here.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from oldtowner:

And don't get me started about threads. We have British Association, British Standard Whitworth, Unified (?), Metric, and a few others that turn up on machines 1940s to present. Phillips cross head screws, and Pozi-Drive. A Phillips driver will fit into a Pozi screw head but a Pozi driver will not fit into the Phillips screw head.

George Bernard Shaw said Great Britain and America are separated by common tools.

LTG : )

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from oldtowner:

I'm in the UK. Hardware stores? I remember those. Just about disappeared now. Local branch of Robert Dyas chain has some screws and basic fittings, glues and a wall of tools - but I dream about walking around one of the American stores. And don't get me started about threads. We have British Association, British Standard Whitworth, Unified (?), Metric, and a few others that turn up on machines 1940s to present. Phillips cross head screws, and Pozi-Drive. A Phillips driver will fit into a Pozi screw head but a Pozi driver will not fit into the Phillips screw head.

If you ever need hardware just post a list. Parts cost and shipping and it's yours.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Tough to fit one through that rear serving door. That's a 1965 Ford F250 rolling chassis that Good Humor would retrofit their freezers onto.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hard to fit the machine through that small door though.....

#29 6 years ago

Whoa!!!! Great minds!

#30 6 years ago

This kit is nice to have. You can pay a boat load at Techni-Tool or get the exact same thing at Harbor Freight.

https://www.harborfreight.com/100-pc-security-bit-set-with-case-62657.html

Screw Bit Set (resized).JPGScrew Bit Set (resized).JPG

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah, for "Ice Revue"!

#32 6 years ago

So I bought 100 count of theses stainless steel #6 1/4 length so I'd always have them on hand. If you want I send you qty 5, so they will match, you'll owe me $2

https://www.boltdepot.com/Product-Details.aspx?product=5326

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-few-screws-short?hl=oldtowner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.