image.jpg
20150117_ARCEX_web.jpg
EBD Early Production.png
The Box.png
Bunch o Ramps.png
Beware I Live.png
Fix it Felix Jr.png
Torch EGWA.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 9 years ago

Got 2 tickets for my wife and I for Saturday...thanks

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

Also a couple notes about Banning:
1) it's not that far! I thought it had a "halfway to Vegas" thing going on when ya drive from LA....nope! It's much shorter than a trip to SD.
2) it is so windy out there! It sounds dumb but be careful opening your car door, or the wind will rip the damn door out if your hand! I was at in n out and I saw the wind catch a young lady's car door as she opened it, and it crunched right into the car next to hers and a very loud argument ensued. So yes it's silly, but be prepared for that desert wind. We'd all rather be flipping than fighting at a burger joint

image-456.jpg 261 KB

image-832.jpg 139 KB

image-489.jpg 290 KB

image-34.jpg 241 KB

If there is any burger worth a little fist-a-cuffs its a double double

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I mentioned this in the other arcade Expo thread already, but figured I would mention it here too. I will be there early Friday at opening and bringing Pinside Id badges for anyone that wants one so we can meet each other and say hi. They are of course free, nicely laminated and I will have lanyards.
I did this at Pagg and they were gone really fast. So this time I am letting people tell me if they want one ahead of time and I will fill in your name which will basically "reserve" it for you. I will have blank ones too for people that come last minute. I will have the pre filled out ones in a separate box so if you ask be sure to look for them.
The organizers said there will be a table up front I can put them on, once I get to the show and put them out I will update the threads with their location.

339890-i.jpg 38 KB

Will these be available for those of us arriving on Saturday? Those are a great idea...

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I will reserve one for you. If your name is already on it no one should take it. I have a bunch but like I said at Pin a Go Go they were gone in a couple of hours. I put your name down on the list to reserve one. They will be there as long as there are some still available.
I also plan on keeping a few in reserve this time in case I run into a pinsider after they are all gone.

great, thank you

1 week later
#152 9 years ago

wow...what a fantastic collection of coin ops...as much as I enjoyed the pinball room I spent an equal amount of time in the video game section...so many great machines I have not seen/played in decades...lots of pins and vids turned off or not working but you have to expect that with these machines, still found no shortage of great stuff to play and got a chance to say hi to some pinsiders and pinhead friends...
great job by all who were responsible, and a shout out to the venders who had some cool stuff (I NEED a color dmd for my LOTR) and were very friendly to chat with...
I will be going back tomorrow to enjoy a few more hours...

BTW I got to put some more games on Stern Mustang and I think the game may be winning me over...I hated it the first time but now having run across it in a few more places I may be coming around...

#202 9 years ago

I know that myself, and several other pinsiders who live in So Cal. would be happy to help get the machines ready for October... I'm no technical wizard, but I can do basic troubleshooting,repairs (which is all most of the ss and dmd games needed) and cleanings...Hopefully this would free up some of the techs who are more skilled in EM repair to focus on those games that need much more knowledge and time...

I live in Riverside...if any pinsiders from LA, San Diego or Orange County want to help, we can meet up at my place and carpool the rest of the way to banning with a bunch of tools and supplies...I will contact John and see if he would like our help......PM me if you can help, lets make the Oct show the best show of the year.

#203 9 years ago

I would also like to thank practicalsteve for the ID badges, it is a great idea and was very helpful...well done!

#243 9 years ago

I very much enjoyed playing heavy metal meltdown, and I thought the sound and music was perfect for the theme and playfield...I would love to get one but it seems as the music would begin to get irritating quickly...

Quoted from practicalsteve:Hate to say it, but girlloveswaffles reminded me of the one big disappointment I had. Joust. Only available in the tournament. The number one rare game I was most looking forward to seeing and playing. Even though I asked super nicely twice I was told no. I didn't enter the tournament as I had to leave sunday morning, and paying a 20$ entry fee to play one game seemed silly. Super bummed about that.

as soon as the tournament ended on Sunday it was available for play...It played great...next time you go there it should be available...

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

(BTW, you put one to many L's in my name. It's GIR-loves-waffles)

wow...I have always read the name as "girl loves waffles" as well...and always had a image in my head of a thick girl when I read your posts...

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

and if CosmoKramer or any other Pinsiders want to help out throughout the year, it will be greatly welcomed/appreciated.

PM sent

#294 9 years ago

NicoVolta you came to 82 and didn't say hi? My quip about complaints was absolutely not directed at you; I was just cracking a little joke. I am amused by the one liner guys, who reduce an entire such weekend into some random minutiae...a few pop up after every show and it always cracks me up. "Show was ok but someone painted the Galahad legs black." "Well my family wanted to enjoy the show but my wife likes sparkling water and there was none in sight." "We drove all that way AND had to walk 600 feet on top of that....never again." "I'd give the show ZERO stars, totally flaked backglass on Scorpion." Hopefully you get my drift. "I don't know what I was expecting, just....more"." To me there were far too many rad things happening to get hung up but that's just me.
It's always a risk spending $ traveling to first-effort shows, you never know what you're gonna get so it's hard to adjust your expectations. I personally think first time shows are the absolute best! They're the ones with the best energy, people bust their butts harder, and you don't get the "perpetually over it" knowitall crowd. Zapcon is a good example, in 2013 that room they had wasn't huge and didn't have the hundred trillion game thing going on, but the room felt so alive, and everyone was so jazzed up; to me that's when the community is at its best. Supporting each other and having fun. But yes, there is a lot of room for failure, so I just try to keep my expectations low and generally end up pretty pleased.
NimblePin, time for some huge ups to you, RVDV, Steve T, and Rob! Not only did you guys work like crazy getting things in shape, you stepped up and did it when it really mattered! BEFORE THE SHOW! It's great to see everyone on the Banning Bandwagon now, but I think you fellas in particular deserve some special accolades for being in "before it was cool". Dan Cerny, too, very nice job setting up unique crowd-friendly tourneys, you deserve credit! A father and son went up to Dan and said "we'd really like to try a tourney but we're not good"...and guess who won
I'm already 1100 miles deep in Banning mileage and proud of it, and I will go out any time you guys want to meet up. Hell I'll take y'all to dinner to celebrate the community building we have going on in so cal pinball right now, this is one if the few things I've seen us all rally behind in awhile (well that and our friends at ColorDMD).
As long as there are no topless techs or any such garbage I'll be there with bells! See you kids at INDISC.

I know that myself and several other pinsiders were only aware of this expo from this thread, which did not mention the need for volunteers to help with the machines ( I'm sure there were other threads that asked for help, or those "in the know" heard about it by word of mouth) ....we are not offering help now to be "on the Banning bandwagon" or "because it is cool"... we want to help because this venue can be the best location for pinball that exists today, and can promote pinball to quite a few people who otherwise maybe would not be exposed... we're not looking to get accepted to the "cool people who helped before the first show"...I'm not trying to be an ass, we appreciate all the work that went into getting the games ready and I mean no disrespect..all we want to do is help out...

#299 9 years ago

Cosmo I'm happy to see everyone helping! Please don't take everything so personally! I'm trying to give props to the guys that went the extra mile here, plain and simple. A bandwagon isn't a bad thing, and it's a bummer that you took it as a negative swipe. No one is accusing you of anything, c'mon lighten up.

No worries...I have sent e-mails to addresses that have been kindly shared with me to get all the information I need to set up a group of locals to get started .... just looking forward to a great experience for everyone in October...Thanks to those who have already put in the time to get this collection up and running, it is an amazing spectacle to see in person.

1 year later
#340 7 years ago

I helped out quite a bit last year getting as many games operational as possible, but there were (are) many games that still need attention. A lot of us volunteers told management that we would help again this year, but nothing has been done yet. 8 months since the last expo and I dont think many (if any) games have been touched . I fear that if tech help does not start soon there will be many unplayable games again.
My tools are just sitting here waiting for some sort of plan to tackle the huge job of getting these games working. It would be a shame to wait until the last minute (again) and then try scramble and get repairs and parts in a hurry.

I have reached out a few times to managment but so far no response.

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Who have you tried to talk to? John? Kenny? I haven't seen either in a bit, but next time I do I'll ask what's up, I'm curious myself.

I e-mailed Kenny and sent a text to Dan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 4,600.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7.50
Cabinet - Decals
J and D Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Buffalo, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-few-reasons-to-go-to-arcade-expo-in-so-cal?tu=cosmokramer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.