(Topic ID: 146557)

A few problems with Bally Boomerang

By anthony691

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anthony691.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

As my first EM project I have been fixing up a Bally Boomerang with a friend.

We have everything working except:

Player 2 scoring: Player 2 score properly resets to zero, but does not advance correctly. All digits move freely and advance with score, but the 10,000 digit advances substantially more often than it is supposed to. Am I right to suspect the nine switch on the 1,000 point reel? Could anything else cause this? All other players score correctly.

Switched lamps in lower right of backbox: None of the switched lamps in the lower portion of the back box are functioning (ball in play lights 1-5, game over, tilt). Importantly, all of the corresponding gameplay functions work fine. All of the bulbs have been changed and I do not believe the sockets are the problem. Am I right to suspect a wiring problem (ground, in particular) or possible a connector problem?

I won't have a chance to work on it for another week or so, but want to be sure I come to it with some good ideas when I do.

#2 8 years ago

Bump.

Any help regarding places to look for the scoring fault would be appreciated!

#4 8 years ago

Thanks Cash_Riprock. Sounds like we're on the right track.

I was surprised by how good of a game Boomerang is. For a game that doesn't get much attention, it is one of the most fun EMs I've played. I think the art (particularly cabinet and BG) has a lot to do with the machine getting so little attention...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anthony691.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-few-problems-with-bally-boomerang?tu=anthony691 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.