• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Shadrac
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi:

I received my Jurassic Park Premium last week and have played about 50 games on it so far. I've noticed the following issues that I'm hoping other owners might be able to help with.

- Sometimes balls shot into the left ramp (TREX) do not register

- The sound is distorted (metallic aliasing noise) with certain sound clips
(See video here the demos the problem: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZTRtokZ6bj7VrtURCjX1FPQdoyaNYaecuIX)

- About 50% of the balls shot with the automatic plunger don't make it to the top (helicopter) ball guide.

Any tips are appreciated. I bought the unit from Great American Pinball if it matters. (I haven't reached out to them yet.)

-Ed

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from teksavy:

Hi:
I received my Jurassic Park Premium last week and have played about 50 games on it so far. I've noticed the following issues that I'm hoping other owners might be able to help with.
- Sometimes balls shot into the left ramp (TREX) do not register
- The sound is distorted (metallic aliasing noise) with certain sound clips
(See video here the demos the problem: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZTRtokZ6bj7VrtURCjX1FPQdoyaNYaecuIX)
- About 50% of the balls shot with the automatic plunger don't make it to the top (helicopter) ball guide.
Any tips are appreciated. I bought the unit from Great American Pinball if it matters. (I haven't reached out to them yet.)
-Ed

A lot of these issues have been addressed before and are located in the owners club threads key posts. After trying those solutions, hopefully, you can root out some of those problems.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from PumRibby:

A lot of these issues have been addressed before and are located in the owners club threads key posts. After trying those solutions, hopefully, you can root out some of those problems.

Thanks. I looked and didn't see anything about the weird aliasing noise problem. Should I just call GAP?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from teksavy:

Thanks. I looked and didn't see anything about the weird aliasing noise problem. Should I just call GAP?

There was a post about checking if the speakers are set to 8ohms and not 4. Check that.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from PumRibby:

There was a post about checking if the speakers are set to 8ohms and not 4. Check that.

Again, thanks for the advice. I checked and it is 8 ohm. I guess I'll reach out to GAP.

#6 1 year ago

Still waiting to get a resolution from GAP . I have since downloaded and installed a complete ROM from Stern and the same problem exists. Perhaps I need a new CPU and Opto board?

What a disappointment for a brand new machine. It is hard to enjoy it when half of the TREX and launches fail not to mention the defective sound. Uggh.

#7 1 year ago

I have a similar audio problem, they replaced the CPU board, problem still exists. Changing the lower cabinet speaker to 4ohm does make a slight improvement. But reduces the output quite a lot. Can you try swapping out your SD card, that is the only other suggestion I saw here that helped someone very obscurely.

1 week later
#8 1 year ago

I have the exact same issue, other music is just fine. Maybe its just the audio file itself?

1 week later
#9 1 year ago

For the record my cabinet speaker was bad and Stern replaced it.

7 months later
#10 6 months ago

Hi! I've got the exact same noise issue with my JP Premium. Do you find a solution?
I tried everything: swap the CPU board with another one, tried 3 sd cards, tried 4/8ohms, differents settings in Volume.... And there is still the same sizzling noise (it comes from the 3 speakers). I also heard the music with pinball browser and i don't hear the noise with the PC speakers. I contacted Stern about that and they will see with their engineers but are you guys found a solution?
teksavy
Thefuge

#11 6 months ago

In the video, i play the Main Theme, song 1 in the Menu / Diag / Speakers. This metal aliasing noise is present on another musics/voices/effects but not all. If i listen the main theme with Pinball browser, the sound is clear without noise, so it's not a bad audio file.
I wait answers from Stern.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside