Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by viperrwk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Okay, bought a Dredd that needs to be worked on. Missing some parts, and wasn't 100% tested before I got it.

First off, I've set the attract to have sounds, but I have none. Sound test menu plays everything with no issue. Not sure what's up there. Is the music in another test menu or something?

Secondly, I need all the flipper assemblies on the playfield. I've sourced (but not yet purchased) all but the upper left flipper assembly, the manual has it as part #A-16976-L. Anyone know where to find this one? It's only used on this and Popeye's lower playfield from my understanding, no other machines.

Thirdly, I was wondering if there is a place that sells the translite as I've found one, but it's pretty pricey. What should I be expecting to pay for this anyhow?

#2 11 years ago

I have never had attract sounds either. Maybe someone else here can shed some light on the issue. As far as a translite, good luck. I have been looking for awhile. I havent even been able to find a "pretty pricey" one. I was kinda hoping somebody would reproduce one, as there seems to be a lot of people looking for one.

#3 11 years ago

My JD doesn't have attract sounds either.

#4 11 years ago

First off, glad to hear that no one else's JD has attract sounds, sets my mind at ease a bit.

Since it seems that the translites are hard to find after a bunch of posts on a bunch of forums, I bought the one I found at $130. I'm going to see about getting it scanned at a local sign shop and from there maybe I'll see what it would take to clean up the artwork and get them reproduced. It's about time I actually do something for this (pinball, not necessarily pinside) community.

1 year later
#5 10 years ago

Necropost I know, but for completeness sake, there is an attract sound... in coin-op mode if you hit the start button you get "You wanna play, you gotta pay" and hitting supergame says "2 credits for supergame" I think these are the only sounds for attract mode.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from comat0se:

Necropost I know, but for completeness sake, there is an attract sound... in coin-op mode if you hit the start button you get "You wanna play, you gotta pay" and hitting supergame says "2 credits for supergame" I think these are the only sounds for attract mode.

Yes - you'll get these regardless of the attract mode setting. Obviously if you're in free play or free only you'll never get these sounds...

viperrwk

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-few-dredd-questions?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.