Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I recently discovered that when the magnet on the Magneto spinning disk is activated, it makes a clicking noise. At first I thought it was broken, but the game works perfectly. I sent an email to Pat at Stern (hope to hear back this week), but I was wondering how many of you have this issue as well. I found some other LE videos on YouTube that make the same noise. Of course it's a lot louder with the glass off and with most of the sounds on the game it might be hard to miss.

As a test, I unplugged the magnet and of course the clicking went away. The rotating disk is not rubbing against the playfield and when I test the magnet in the test menu, it does make a single click and the disk itself acts like it's trying to pop up. Hope that makes sense...

Let me know if you have run into this as well and if so, what you did to fix it. I did a search on Pinside and RGP and could not find any info on this. I have attached the video as well.

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Forgot to mention that the magnet is lose under the spinner by design, but I did secure it with some double stick tape just to make sure that was not the issue.

Thanks.

#3 10 years ago

This is a common and well know issue / design flaw.

You can put an e clip (I forget the size) under the spinning disc and it will take out the wiggle room that is causing the noise when the magnet activates.

I believe the details and pictures are in the huge X-Men thread, but I'm also sure Stern knows about the issue and knows what size clip is needed to correct this issue.

#4 10 years ago

Here is a link to a thread with a link to a thread about fixing it with a picture and size clip needed.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-fix-xmen-le-spinning-disc-rattle

#5 10 years ago

You guys are awesome!

Thanks for the help!

4 years later
#6 6 years ago

How do you install this and where? Got pics

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

How do you install this and where? Got pics

Here is a link to a thread with a link to a thread about fixing it with a picture and size clip needed.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-fix-xmen-le-spinning-disc-rattle

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-different-x-men-le-spinnermagnet-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.