69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

All I know is, I've been waiting for my DI:LE for two months because they're so backlogged with orders and can't keep up. If they weren't selling and just sitting in stock, wouldn't I be able to cash and carry a game?

Yup, pretty obvious thatDI is selling very well. the line is cranking and they can't meet demand.

#516 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I was thinking with JJPs entry price being $8500 this would be better for barcades / locations. It is technically a commercial amusement device and if folks can’t afford to put them in their basement they’ll be forced to go on location to play them.
Its possible a $5400 Star Wars Pro can make as much money as a $8500 POTC standard but it is also much more likely someone would own the SW Pro.

Keep in mind that pinheads are only a small % of total route players and pinheads are not realy the draw of any operator. After 4 plus years of hobby operating, while I love the local pinheads dearly... I can tell you that they win lots of free credits and only put in a small % of the total money. They are loyal supporters but there is also a reason that we have to put out turd games like SouthPark> they get played by casuals and help afford the ability to buy games like DI. Thank goodness for the casuals as they help support the fun stuff for us pinheads

I agree with your thought about JJP games bringing in more potential pinheads, but it is less about the $ that a JJP can bring in due to being only available on route. It is more that by being the only one to play on route (fewer in home collections) you hypothetically bring in players that will also drop coins in other games. JJP games have the 'JJP factor' where the coin drop in your other games may see an uptick as pinheads will make the trip to come play the rare JJP title. (Same goes for Alien where we still see people willing to travel multiple hours to check out the fun rare title)

The question is if that $8500 POTC can bring in a total of 1.5x what the Stern pro for $5400 does over the long haul. I personally think POTCJJP has what it takes. I think it is their first game that will appeal to many sectors >> the pinhead, the competitive player, the casual playing for theme, the toy player that likes to explore, etc...

I also think Eric really put alot of effort into making things easily servicable which means it will be nicer to maintain (despite the complexity)

#543 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Those guys know how to setup a pin and a tilt

hey now... If I can bang back on them cleanly and not tilt then they are not too hard

Quoted from MikeS:

than other operator's games in town

the other operators tend to not even install the tilt from what I have found, lol

Quoted from MikeS:

I am happy to support them because they have done a ton to promote pinball in my area and it allows me to play lots of great new pinball that wasn't available before.

thanks for the continual support! We have not taken a quarter out of a game yet in over 4 years. To me, that is something that sets us apart from any other operator in the region. We put 100% of the coin drop into getting more games (new games like DI, TH, AS, SW, etc... plus the often boutique game like AMH, RZ, Alien, TNA, etc...) and keeping them running well. It really is a the local community effort that has allowed it all to happen

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

but I would take POTC and lets SM or Tron etc

where can I find both a Stern POTC and SM/TRON NIB for 8500?

asking for a friend...

If we are being real in comparisons then lets use real world numbers.
A NIB stern pro is currently $5400 which makes that JJP POTC 1.57 times the cost

If we want to compare Sterm Premium NIB to JJP POTC then the cost is even closer. What do NIB premium SW go for right now?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.