69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

always? they weren't "the juggernaut of pinball" 20 years ago. Williams was. times can change faster than people think. only a couple years back, Stern had 99% of the market. now they have what -- roughly 50%? JJP and CGC are selling thousands of games a year now. Stern is still the biggest by a wide margin, but that margin has shrunk dramatically in recent years.

WRONG!

JJP is hanging by a thread. Dialed hasn't even hit the 400 mark in sales, all models included. They have bet the house on Pirates, it's sink or swim now.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Care to share where you get this 400 number from?

Dialed in CE 150 units , sold out
Dialed in Standard less than 100 units sold
So how many LE's? 100 maybe?

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not sure if trolling or serious.
I know people who've visited the JJP factory in the last few months. They've been working flat out.
Perhaps you'd like to disclose the location of the desert landfill they're dumping all these DIs into, in Atari style fashion. I'd quite like a free, if sandy, DI.

Ok, throw it back at you, where are ALL the SOLD units? Just because they are made, doesn't mean they are sold. Remember the WPT fire sales?

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

In all fairness I think it would be better to compare a Stern Premium with the JJP standard. Yes the standard is the low model and the pro is also. However the standard may be missing one or two aesthetic toys but all three JJP models play the same and have the same functioning toys on the playfield. The Stern pro is usually missing a few things over the premium that does affect game play. That makes the price gap smaller than what you are comparing.

I have to agree with this. I would put a JJP standard, a Stern premium, and now a A.P. Houdini all as being on the same level. I really do not consider any of the Spooky games in on this. To me, Spooky is kinda a class of their own between a Stern Pro and Premium.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Your Source on these sale figures is?

My sources, and like Ripley says, you can believe it or not.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

There are 160 owners listed on Pinside. I know of about 10 people with one ... I think 1 of those has it listed on Pinside.
DI was launched a year ago and the first units shipped almost exactly 6 months ago.
Hobbit has 488 owners listed on Pinside, was launched something like 3 and a half years ago, and the first units shipped over 18 months ago.
Hobbit's supposedly shifted above 2500 units, though I don't have any idea how much more than that.
Given the above, your totally made up figures are clear fantasy.

2500 Hobbits? Oh my. You realize Williams only made 2400 Jackbots?

Some of you have some skewed ideas of units sold

#203 6 years ago

If I am wrong, so be it. Lets forget the numbers then. The truth is JJP has more riding on Pirates than ever and I am very skeptical that a JJP#5 would be announced at Expo 2018, maybe TPF 2019?

Dialed in has under performed. FACT. I really love the game too, but just not at $8500 and many share that same sentiment.

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hate when I impregnate myself.

Is this the result when everyone tells you to go fv<k yourself?

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Maybe it is time to ditch the Premium/LE models and concentrate on making good quality, serviceable (NOT buying node boards to repair), well coded games that just work, reliably out of the box ?

Not a chance when you have a bunch of dip shits like all of us that keep buying this stuff. I will never buy another NIB Stern LE, but I am still partial to a premium model. Stern make too much money on these models with the home/collectors buying this stuff to just dump them.

That being said, a fully featured Houdini with a $6995 price tag is more likely on my radar. The new pro models are just not on my radar because too much is missing. Ghostbusters and Star Wars are prime examples.

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

yeah -- i live in Northern VA. the DC/MD/VA area is huge. about 6 million people. i can count the number of locations with new Stern pins on one hand. and it's not like there are a bunch i am not aware of.
meanwhile, i know of a dozen people who bought NiB Stern games to put in their basements, and i'm 100% positive there are plenty of people like that in my area i DONT know about.
i'm finding it hard to believe that home sales don't make up a huge chunk of Stern's business.

What about distributors that route AND sell to homes? I would be willing to bet that Gary includes those in his operators sales #'s.

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not in LA, a state where video gambling has killed off pinball.
You have to realize there are Sterns on location all the Hell over the place. In NYC there's probably over 100.
Maybe there's more Sterns in home use now then locations? Still, the majority of locations have at least one "modern" stern.

Ok, who want's to make a modern gambling pinball?

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

vdojaq

Well reading this maybe your 400 DI sold figure is close. If pinballstar is one of JJP top distro's and they have sold almost 100 DI's. your figure fits.

Wait! I thought you knew that I don't know jack shit and I pull things out my ass? How can my post of units sold be plausible?

It's because a little common sense and research dictates that I am much close to reality than all the "know it all's" wish to admit or concede to.

Nor does it mean that I wish JJP any ill will. I love Dialed-In and I sincerely hope this machines picks up some serious momentum and becomes a great seller. Dialed In and Houdini are my top 2 machines right now, but at the moment can't afford either!

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Well, rubberducks seems to be projecting that JJP will ship 4,000 games this year, so one of you must be mistaken.

Total combined units of WOZ, Hobbit , and D.I.? Maybe?

That one I don't know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.