69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

...now if stern can come up with a great pro and premium at a great price that's another story.

They'll come up with great theme that people love and a PF layout that kind of looks interesting but really isn't. Then everyone will be bending over for that one and giving their monies without playing it first like JJPOTC. Because this is what always happens.
But this time is diff'rent.
Like the last time is was diff'rent but is always happens. etc etc etc

EDIT: I don't know man I really think this time is diff'rent!
Oh wait what...Stern saying they have a back to the Future with a topper that looks like a stupid speedometer that goes up to 88 when you do something and they put a shaker back in there so all is forgiven.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Did the pinball wars just begin?

No it started as Soon as WOZ was announced. Those days were a lot like now where every post had to be one or the other...and you had most people in the middle not wanting to pick a side because you don't have to.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It did, why does there have to be a war at all?

There shouldn't have to be but people like to be pitted on a side...just the way people are.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but its pinball, its a toy, I love pinball but man people need to relax, thats like taking a side on which franchise is better, Star Trek or Star Wars and getting emotional about, I like both but come on.

It's not a toy to many people....their entire identity is tied to it. which is why they cry when somone insults a game they own or gets super pissed at poeple for the same reason. It's fuckign pathetic but whatever

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

how is it profitable routing 5000.00 pins that are always breaking down?

Shit bro, wait til you try doing it with $8,000 pins.

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Black Knight is the guy that told everybody to completely remove "all the clear" before attempting to re-clear. lol

Don't forget when he said "HEP restoration" was around before HEP.

Huh?

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Then anyone who buys either game before they are satisfied with game features, code or price better not complain about any of the three. If they do, they are nothing but enablers that show Stern there is no need to improve anything.

But they will because that's the cycle. You starting a great thread isn't going to change that. This is nothing new, it's the same thing as it ever was. We've been reliving it for years. To think 1 new game that looks good is going to change that... Not gonna happen.

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I get what the theme is going for but at the same time it doesn't really immerse me.

Good lord.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I doubt anybody has actually lost a ball down the drain due to flipper flutter. It’s very subtle twitch has little affect. Just ignore

So funny I started getting blasted by the flipper a bunch of times after realizing it never got me.

#564 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

So the question is would you rather own two Stern POTC or one JJPPOTC?

JJPOTC, and trade it for POTC and boatload of cash

Quoted from PtownPin:

so you can spend $4700 for a mediocre game at best or $9500 for a machine that will provide years and years of entertainment for all....pretty easy decision in my book....

I don't think it's a proven fact this is one of the best games ever and everyone will love it for years. We're half a year from even starting the honeymoon period.
And personally I'd only spend 8500 on one if I did.

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nobody is saying its the best game ever, but clearly it will be a very entertaining pin....$8500 or $9500...doesnt really matter in my mind if I get a quality product....

I haven't had a chance to play it so it isn't clear to me I would like it. Just because there a bunch of stuff going on doesn't mean it'll be fun.
Never know until you get your hands on it.

#568 6 years ago

Can't wait to give it a try!

#572 6 years ago

Maybe this isn't seen as a "flow game" *little bit of puke came up typing that * so that doesn't matter as much?
Ive wondered if it's fsnishioned more like an older cool upper PF but no idea.
I also don't see a ton of people complaining about having to press an action button like SW but I haven't read all the posts here

#576 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I think once the hype /excitement wear off people will start to realize some things .....

No way. This is the pinnacle of pinballery and thinking diff'rent shows your true self *insert body snatches pic*

#633 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pinball guys are the absolute worst....

Star wipe and scene

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

why do you get to say what pinball is supposed to be like?

Because it's his opinion. Stop being so sensitive so you can just plug how punk you used to be

#757 6 years ago
Quoted from Cantaffordgames:

I work at a Pinball Bar (nothing other than that)...

haha..."Subtle."

#775 6 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Can you guys just start a new "dishwasher only" thread?

Well after Stern wasn't put out of business after the now epic "Unveiling of 2017" this thread is no longer holy

Quoted from cooked71:

Ive used my dishwasher to clean pinball parts a number of times. That's kind of relevant.

Melted my TZ Subway that way but I SWEAR the heat wasn't on. Sure it was after all those beers but I 'm pretty sure maybe.
And see, if this goddamn thread existed then I would have bought a Bosch and never had that problem again!

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

What about those assholes from Dutch Pinball calling Stern dead three years ago?

Uff luckily I had forgot aboot them dudes.

#789 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How about underwear?

Underwear? What is this the 80s?

#929 6 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

.... from what I've read in this forum it sounds....

Ah there's your problem right there.

#937 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

To summarize your ramblings. Stern ruined pinball, people that like stern any stern games are shit posters, and you are pretty sure it has something to do with millennials.

Sounds like a fresh take on things

#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

well, according to the Pinside Top 100....

Stop please.

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

What is your problem?

People using the rankings as if they mean something.

#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

what do you consider massive on GOT? You don’t fall ass backwards into billions. Maybe a few hundred million if you get lucky, but that’s peanuts.

Yeah I'm a little sick of hearing this routine from people now.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

Wow...right back to decal issues...thats so 2016...
Way to go stern

Old school. I've heard the gold dust from 2014 is back on some SW too.

3 weeks later
#1587 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It was dirty, but I wouldn’t expect the colors to look so “flat”, ever. Has anyone seen any recent Sterns do this?

I have noticed this on my SW Pro as well...like a thin layer of 'dullness' for lack of a better term. Strange as my GOT & GB were both shiny

#1590 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Will yours shine up with a little Novus and wax?

I waxed it fresh out of the box, and waxed it again later.
Probably used Novus 1 but not 2.

1 week later
#1641 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Well well well
Look what the we have here
Lyman mother ducking (auto correct) Sheats says in the new TWD update notes
“Fixed a bug in the HORDE mode which would cause the game to reset when
the last walker was killed to advance to the next level”
I F’n told you guys! Over & over I’ve had to hear that I’m some fool but all this time it was everyone else’s shitty playing keeping them from advancing balls deep into Horde & resetting it.
Boooooooom!
Aaaaaand the F’n insert works now?!?!?
OMFG!

FULL POINTS!
Point out shit that's wrong and everyone jumps on you...that's lame.

1 week later
#1671 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I agree with that and hope they improve communication, its the phrase "Stern of the Union" that I wish I never heard, forget it.

Yep we discussed in length that "catchy" title

2 weeks later
#1696 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you think that's funny, then you have to wonder which two songs will be on Iron Maiden when it does get released.

Sad to say but the same 2 from GOTG...I mean they already have the license and all.

#1711 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Whatever.
You want to see what quality issues look like? Go read the AFM thread, the DialedIn thread, or the Aliens thread.
Please find me Pinsiders having actual unresolved problems with their recently purchased Stern pins. I don't believe it's any worse than any other manufacturer.

You have to factor in how big Sterns share of the market is, which would lead to more complaints.
Believe me, I'm pretty neutral on it and it goes both ways. Ghosting inserts is annoying on my GOT, but so is clear coat chipping off after 20 plays on DI. GB had a blown board but my DI had a shit board that needed swapping too.

2 months later
#1741 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What happened, other than the video reveal thing?

Nothing other than it's ASSumed they will use legacy of the Beast style art

#1753 6 years ago

No one disagrees their marketing is in the stone ages, the argument is whether it matters or not; and it doesn't seem to.
On the other end, JJP makes an amazing announcement and shows everyone how it works! That was 5 months ago... Whom has a JJPOTC at home?

#1756 6 years ago

Then what would happen? They've already pretty much sold out of LE'S. Why is everyone obsessed with TPF? People there are already pinball people.... They're already going to buy the dang thing.

#1765 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

What have they done to convince pin heads that don’t know or don’t like the band? ...
Why are they passing on the big shows? Does anyone disagree that the best way to sell pins is to play them?

I'm not disagreeing but I'm not really agreeing either. I for one can't stand the music, and haven't played it, but ordered one.
Actually the 3 pins before this (NIB) I didn't play before I bough them. One of them was a JJP...which I don't remember if they really had info than Stern.

3 months later
#1822 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And you bring up a thread that has been dead for 77 days for what reason other than to say nothing whatsoever??

He's preemptively bumping this for when Stern has nothing at Comic-Con and everyone starts wetting themselves again.

#1837 5 years ago

The point of your original post & thread was you bought the snake oil; great job.

2 months later
#1849 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Or who will be experiencing dark nights?!

I heard Orion's belt is there so my guess is no one?

2 years later
#1867 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

This was a dumb thread then. It’s a really dumb thread now.

If you're gonna be a dumb thread, might as well be top 5 dumb

#1870 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

... as if I remember the points discussed were valid then and valid now.

Aboot how amazing JJPOTC was and was going to stunt Sterns sales #s?
I mean, it was a fun idea at the time I guess.

#1876 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

In fairness, JJP only have 2 issues - incredibly crap Mirco Playfields and their response to those incredibly crap Mirco Playfields.

True. Should be cleared up in a couple years and then the dark night will return!

#1886 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think we should resurrect Sterns’ Dark Night in honour of Spooky’s new release(s).

Yep, it would be almost as dumb as the original.

#1910 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

TZ has way more flow than WOZ.

People just comparing those 2 games for reasons ill never grasp

Quoted from beelzeboob:

They both seem like clunkfests to me.

That's a shame for you

#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...I love WOZ, but I never "got" TZ (even though I love the theme).

It would be hard for me to come up with 2 more shameful things than those
To each their own of course

#1920 2 years ago

They are not as powerful as sterns for sure.
Many peeps say they are prone to be weak 9n location, as they aren't as likely to increase the power like you would at home.
Also many people say they get weak over time.

Another group says anything anyone says aboot them that isn't glowing are imagining the entire thing.

#1929 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My friend installed PinMonk’s fans on his GNR, and I installed them on my Stranger Things. I would say they’re needed on both. So it’s not specific to JJP. But I’ve NEVER played an American Pinball game that felt right in the flippers.

I've never actually felt flipper fade in my JJP or Sterns; luckily.

#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

... but I really dont understand this need to vomit bullshit hyperbole about one manufacturer or the other.
I guess it gets attention on a forum.

People feel like they have to pick a side, but even worse than that they don't even realize how bad they are. Panzer upvoted you FFS, #1 Stern basher for years. does he even know?

#1940 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

My criticism directed towards Stern has more often then not been about value and what Stern is including ....

We're familiar with it

#1947 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Cool! I'm not stopping, put me on ignore finally if you can't stand it.

You actually showed a lot of progress lately and I was proud of you. I think it's just this thread that's dragging you back down.

#1959 2 years ago

Didnt see this turning into a Panzer Intervention thread, but weird things happen.

#1961 2 years ago

Hmmm....guess it didn't work

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

in case you havn't noticed. I'm a big advocate on proper lighting on games.

Quoted from TheLaw:

We're familiar with it

#1987 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I just felt you needed a reminder that all pinball is fun

Yeah we just felt like reminding you aboot Deeproot.

1 week later
#2000 2 years ago

I never had a problem with SOR...but ibdont usually play in total darkness

#2006 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

playing in the dark yes but how many people do that? .

You'd be amazed.

4 months later
#2018 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This has been been an interesting discussion over the years but I think this thread has long since run it’s course.

This thread is such a gem; it ran its course like 12 hours after it started. It was and is complete insanity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.