69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tacshose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I'm proud to say this is my father and our family business of 40 years he built with his hard work and integrity from the ground up. Watch and tell me your opinions on our business and how we run it.
» YouTube video

Great video!

1 week later
#1066 6 years ago

Wow, just wow, with those pictures I am so happy I was able to return my MET for being a POS, and I am not surprised at all Stern has not improved. I am surprised that people keep buying NIB Stern pinball machines though.

Small key issue and Jersey Jack calls the customer himself, just like Charlie would at spooky. The "great Pinball savior" Gary Stern doesn't have the time, and if he did he just deflects and lies along with his minions Powers and Gomez.

#1261 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Very good analysis! I’m a BM66 owner and believe that most BM66 big spenders will restrain themselves on GotG. Just a guess, but that would probably be less than a 10% hit on LEs. However, it might be a 50+% hit if Stern does SLEs again in the future, like say Elvira.

The only reason I want them to do another SLE is because I think it will fail big time and embarrass Stern.

#1343 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You are not serious are you? Pinsiders talk the biggest game online, in person they are timid and barely do anything other then shake Gomez's hand, tell Steve he's their favorite, ask Borg how he keeps making such great games, or ask Gary what his favorite craft beer is right now. I've been to a bunch of shows and I've never seen anyone go after anyone from stern other then Jody and he for the most part brought that on himself. Even then it was mostly people slinking back to their room to talk about it online with absolutely no personal interaction.

Not what I have seen at CES. I've never been to a pinball show so maybe that's how things go there, but not CES.

1 week later
#1406 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Let's not forget it isn't just the new releases that count. Stern is still running Metallica, GoT, TWD and ACDC. Heck, didn't they do a run of ST early this year too?
I have no idea of the numbers, but it's a safe bet Stern has sold far more machines than its competitors combined this year.

Without a doubt Stern sells machines that fill the void at the lowest price range, they just need to remember that and stay there.

4 months later
#1751 6 years ago

Stern’s Iron Maiden looks cool, I’ll enjoy playing it on route, just like GOTG. $5 is about all I’ll risk on a Stern anymore as they have burnt their bridge in multiple ways. The latest price increases don’t help lol

3 years later
#1862 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

What a difference a year and a half makes. At the 2021 Amusement Expo International (call it the AMOA show), only Stern was present with pinball machines on display. No JJP, No American Pinball (Although Dave Fix was present "walking the show floor"), no Deep-Root etc.

Is Stern the only one that presents at CES?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tacshose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern?tu=tacshose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.