69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#372 6 years ago

Price elasticity??? WHat's that? Doesn't everyone want to pay as much as possible so they can show their friends how rich and cool they are?

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

So far, I haven't told anyone (other than She Who Must Be Obeyed) what I paid for my DI/LE...in large part because nobody's asked.

That's even cooler yet! That means people know it's so much that it would be offensive to ask! Well done!

#623 6 years ago

Gary Stern is going to say exactly what he thinks will sell more games. Truth is completely irrelevant.

#817 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think it may be time to close this thread..

Who cares? I am so sick of this idea that whenever a conversation veers off course, OPs talk about closing them. Hey, it's not your thread, even if you started it.

1 week later
#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

First, that's not what the tread was and is supposed to be about.
Second, I had previously asked mods to close it when it got derailed before with burritos and underwear. I have no issue with discussing video games, but that discussion has nothing to do with the topic at hand and is not one I'm particularly interested in. Feel free to open up a thread to talk about anything you want, but have the courtesy not to thread crap.
If no one has anything more to say about how Stern (or JJP) can improve to meet the demands of the operators and enthusiasts who buy their games or related issues then this thread has indeed run its course.

Then drain it. Buh-bye. You don't own the threads you start. If they veer off course, leave them. Stop trying to be a boss on am internet forum.

CRAP!

#1228 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you can't be civil and courteous enough to stay within bounds, you probably aren't mature enough to participate in the conversation. That SadSack called me out pretty much demonstrates that.

Why do you feel entitled to stifle others? You are the one who has strayed out of bounds.

#1254 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm not stifling anyone, just asking that comments and discussion be posted in the appropriate threads.
This really shouldn't be a difficult concept for an intelligent person to understand.

Tanks fer heppin me ot! Pleez let me no again win its OK ta thimk sumtin differnt.

4 years later
#2013 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

...If any mods see this, I’d like to close the thread and see new discussion in new/other threads.

I've seen this several times on this board and I'm always disappointed by it. You may have started this thread, but you don't own it. If you are disappointed how this has gone, drain it. It's no big deal, but a lot of people are probably having conversations that have no need whatsoever for you, the OP. You're not their Mommy or Daddy. There's just something really weird about OPs trying to tell others to shut up when the thread goes off track.

To be honest, I haven't read more than 5% of the posts in this thread. I think it brings back memories of the neighborhood kid taking his ball home when a call doesn't go his way.

#2017 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

...If you think the thread is still relevant than contribute to the discussion.
- not Mommy or Daddy

TLDR

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.99
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern?tu=sadsack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.