69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 6 years ago

Crazy is right, Stern isn't going to stop selling pins overnight, especially pros

To sum up what JFH posted, both Jack and Abess said "they are committed 100% to delivering what the customer wants"

They realize the HUO guy is their market. And they just took it to another level

Stern should focus on a pro and premium model now with their base game or foundation game, whatever they call it. Their LE market has been blown up

Then do the LEs on the lower run boutique games like BM66 and see how that goes

#35 6 years ago

I also want to say that I love playing my Stern pins, they are a blast to play.

I was their "LE guy" prototype

Great themes, got spoiled by TWD code with Lyman and figured every game thereafter would be to that level

Makes ZERO sense to buy a Stern LE, never did really, but this nut job is done with that program, maybe a premium down the road

#52 6 years ago

People will bring out the knee pads again when GOTG is announced

Better keep that line running

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Not gonna announce till next month I hear. Distributors are still sitting on Bat66 and SWLE. Saturation is coming to a head.

You da man MN!

A code drop might help w BM 66

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Which is exactly what will happen to anybody holding an unfinished game if and when it ever happens.

Like Magic Girl?

#142 6 years ago

One thing I've learned over the years, Pinheads are a FICKLE bunch and shit can change in a hurry

For now though my patience meter with Stern is on F ing empty

They need to start focusing on we the customer

Of course I'm butthurt over BM66 right now but it's more of a coding issue versus quality for me, although they need to improve all over the board

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What amazes me is when pinsiders especially the JJP fan boys bring up "BOM" and "Build Quality" all that crap, now the standard JJP is 8500 thats almost 3500 more than a Stern pro, can anyone honestly tell me they see 3500 more in value between the two? I certainly don't.

"Bom" and "build quality" are the two most overused and relatively meaningless phrases on Pinside!

Honestly, who gives a F.

While I'm buying a Potc it ain't because of the above. But I'll take it, and the game looks killer

But a lot of people have to justify in their minds why they are spending A versus B in buying a pin

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Couldn't agree more. It does bother me when Stern people are posed with questions that are generated by the Pinside community and Stern just responds with something along the lines of "oh, they are like less than 5% of our total market"...it makes me want to say (1) I think that's not true and we are a higher percentage, and (2) so what, that's still 5% of your customer base, do they not matter?

Shows you how out of touch these guys are right now.

The 5% number is total BS.

Even if it was the other 95% is experiencing the same BS we are.

The compound effect of continuous screw ups is something i'd be worried about if that was my business.

#251 6 years ago

My feelings on "the dark knight for Stern" from BM66 thread:

"Thanks for the info Manimal, I agree that they all seem like really good guys doing their best. I'm just not gonna believe though that Lyman has been dedicated to BM66 since last expo, that would be a terrible business move on Stern's part. I guess we will see when coding credits come out on future games.

This is ALL Stern's OWN DOING! I can feel sorry for the individuals BUT as nice as George is he's running daily operations at Stern now. He, Gary and the rest of the beancounters bear the responsibility.

You guys remember last year at Expo when we all wanted to see the BM66 reveal and play it and Lyman wouldn't let it happen because the state of the code was in terrible shape, he's a proud coder, yet it got shoved out there anyhow.

STERN made this ALL about a freaking $$$$$ grab. As much as i love my BM66, it is what it is.

Let's NOT FORGET, Stern went as follows on PRICING:

GBLE $8,000
BM66LE $10,000
BM66SLE $15,000
ASLE $8,300
SWLE $8,500

It's THEIR business, with all due respect, I don't really want to hear F ing EXCUSES (again, not the employees fault)! As a business owner myself i find it hard to believe what the F i'm hearing!!! Management doesn't respect their CUSTOMERS and worse, take us for granted, it's pretty F ing clear.

If I sell my services for X and then tell my clients, sorry guys, these legal, tax and financial issues are really complicated with the new laws and products, bear with me, I'll eventually deliver what i promise, MAYBE.

What a GOOD business does is WHATEVER IT TAKES to implement the system they put in place, SPIKE, get their shit together and get it done!

What I'm hearing is that the owners and management DON'T and WON'T put the CUSTOMER FIRST. See above pricing and then following results.

That's the bottom line, period end of story.

The presentation they gave was PATHETIC. They should have come out and addressed every single issue up front. We the CUSTOMER, shouldn't have to ask the questions! One guy asked a BM66 question, very respectfully i might add, yet so many more needed to be asked and answered.

On the other hand, you had JJ and the multi millionaire investor himself, Abess, standing up on the stage putting WE the CUSTOMER FIRST, in their own words (yes i understand all the differences and you know i've been very critical of JJP) and so far they are delivering.
I've been probably the most vocal Stern defender and JJP critic over the last year.

After this Expo and digesting what has happened over the past year and the contrast between the two presentations, I'm simply tired of all of the EXCUSES from management (again no offense to the great individuals that work there)

You heard JJP talk about delivering the quality and code that WE want. You see that in how Keith and crew are getting it done.
You heard Gomez talk about "making a pass" on this game or that game. Sorry, the VIBE is totally different folks.

Bottom line, i love my Stern pins HOWEVER, the pricing above, continuos excuses and delays, attitudes toward the customer, etc. mean no more NIB for me.

Yeah i know, they don't really care. It's what they do, take us for GRANTED. Sadly, we as a community, and the BM66 group is the greatest example, great people, great mods and ideas, have much more PASSION about their products than management seems to have.

Back to BM66, looking forward to greatness!"

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My cutoff price for a bean and cheese burrito is about $2, but sometimes I splurge and get a fully loaded burrito for more than $5.

Damn Odin, you need to get down here to Texas

Real Mex food and I can get u 5 fully loaded burritos for $5

Plus you can get with real people.

Or maybe u prefer vegans like Rarehero

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, I'm not really interested in going to Taco Bell for 5 meximelts, but it still sounds better than that to-fu-fu crap.

Trust me Odiner, it ain't Taco Bell

Although, back in my younger days that combo burrito was a great late night go to

And the Jack in the box super tacos. Omg

#324 6 years ago

Expo has a way and history of defining what's what.

To me, JJP is defined now by customer first, pinball passion and a competitive will to win

Stern defined themselves to me as just good enough is ok in their minds

Man I've done a total 180

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I thought she was a little easier on the eye than the some of the pics of dudes eating that burrito. It's about a half hour from here so I settled for local Mexican drive thru tonight.

No way that beast is a buck!

And damn sure don't pics of a dude eating that thing.

I'm thinking she is really eating that little taquito over to the left!

#421 6 years ago

I honestly think they will kill it with GOTG and Elvira but same old same old with code

#537 6 years ago

Lyman is the common denominator for most recent GREAT Stern pins

That's not a knock on Dwight for what he's done on GOT and GB or Lonnie on AS, really good, just not greatness

I don't think Spike versus Sam means anything, only more capability if they would put it to use

And I think Hazoff is right WAY beyond mediocre

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The new potc looks great with lots of cool features..... but isnt anyone worried about the over use of the upper playfield? Every right ramp shot goes up there and theres a vuk or something that shoots it up there from behind also. Most people bitched about g.o.t and its upper playfield use and this game dont even have a diverter(like got) and has a back way in? Crazy how this isnt mentioned but got gets crucified for this?

No worries for me. Much like AS entrance to the upper PF but better, elevator in back takes the ball up that way as well.

#632 6 years ago

Pinball guys are the absolute worst presenters I've ever seen

They don't even try and make it fun and interesting

At least JJP mixed it up a bit with the reveal of POTC and had the investor there

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I wish Williams would come back to Pinball...

They have, JJP is channeling Williams.

#681 6 years ago

Most "investors" like the one's Stern brought on always have "exit strategies" in mind once goals, growth and profit targets have been met.

If i were them, its the perfect time to look at a sale, especially if corporate tax reform goes through which would make all small businesses more profitable.

There is another recession coming, will it happen in January? 2 or 3 years from now? Nobody knows, maybe a tax cut could extend the current bull run.

On the other hand, the pool of buyers have to be miniscule. When new investors do their due diligence its highly unlikely the old investors will get the premium they think they can get.

More likely, future Stern buyers will need a "production facility" and pinball might just be an ancillary division if at all.

Remember Bally/Williams?

#708 6 years ago

It's an amazing feat to me that a small company like Spooky can produce 10 pins a week

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Have you seen their pins?

I actually played an AMH up in Austin at Pinballz a while back.

I thought it was pretty damn good and well built. Fun pin to play.

#786 6 years ago

The fact that you dudes even know what brand you have is a bit weird

Who gives a shit about a dishwasher! Wtf

How about underwear? Tried Stance brand, will never wear anything else again. Awesome feel!

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The best feeling is to go nintendo, oh I love it.

That's good too. I'll do that after a workout at the gym

#854 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am a fan of Stern games and i won't deny it. I think they make alot of great games, TWD, GB, AS, GOT, MET, AC/DC, SW, ST, TRON, KISS, etc etc etc. What's not to like about those games?

Just to name a few of the RECENT excellent Stern games, you can add in SM, LOTR, TSPP and yes BM66 (it will be a great one )

If you are a fan of pinball you have to love the options Stern puts out there. That said, as many have stated in this thread including myself, they need to get it together FAST. Or just be satisfied with selling primarily to Barcades.

CGC and JJP build physical tanks, doesn't mean they haven't had and won't have their own problems in the future, they will.

I'm a fan of ALL pinball, that's all that should really matter.

#859 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The most frequent comment from owners of crap games is "it's good now, but once they update code, it will be even better."

If it was a "crap game" to begin with that might be true.

Is it "crap code"? What's there is good, Lyman will hit it out of the park again.

The "most frequent comment" i heard regarding TWD early on was it was "crap" and "the walking dud", etc. We all know how that turned out. Stay tuned.

#865 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is it worth $8-10K it was listed for? I can't see them re-selling for much more than a typical LE or premium see GBLE with mods selling at $6700 and I have to view that as comparable to any BM66 vsalue.

They don't "re sell". See market. As for the LE, there are only 200, but i assume you know that.

As we all know, every pin north of $8k is coming down in the secondary market, but good luck finding a BM66LE

#868 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here's a BM66 I saw over the weekend. They can't charge this much if they can't up their quality game. BM is the best acronym.

Holy crap! That is so F ing clever.

#872 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

all owners have listed BM66 very high yet it's rated very low overall, at below Avatar etc..

Haha, yeah the haters are gonna hate the way it was rolled out. A bit jealous and dickish but who TF cares, my rating is the only one that counts

We "owners" love it and know what's coming with Lyman.

Since AFMr is coming home I'll let give you a real opinion soon enough Rai.

#889 6 years ago

Some of you guys sound like a bunch of grouchy old geezers

I'm an equal opportunity lover and hater!

I'm loving POTCCE. I just hope they can deliver sooner than expected this time to take advantage of Sterns F ups

It will sit right next to my gorgeous and sensational BM66LE

Maybe by next summer code will be done!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#896 6 years ago

The reason people like myself bought a BM66LE is because

It's a great theme. Iconic with Adam West and Burt Ward personally involved with the call outs and the autographs

There are only 240 LEs so it's a real limited number unlike the rest of the BS I've purchased

LCD and animations/clips. Fantastic library of usable content

It's a damn fun pin to play that should be made great by Lyman. (see TWD)

The experience with the club group, great guys, fun mods, no BS

Is it way too much $$? Sure. But it's cool and I love it!

POTCCE is stupid $$ too. See all the above reasons for me to buy that one too

So I guess people like me have F Ed up the hobby. That's ok

I still love my old pins too. One day I'm sure EMs will be in the cards to try. We will see

#898 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

If TWD was so universally admired it would be in the Top 10 of Pinside.

It really should be, its right up there in my book and would be if released with complete code

If you ever got through the entire game you'd get it! A few games here or there makes it more frustrating. It's a bitch to play but a masterpiece. I played the shit out of it for a year before i got to master it. Every shot means something and so many different ways to play it.

Haha, yep, one of these days soon I'm gonna have a South Texas Invitational pinfest. Free booze and lots of pinball, you are invited TFA!

#906 6 years ago

Quoted from newpinbin:Had to zoom in on the photo. Can't believe that is a new game!

It's not new. On location and that huge magnet is great compared to the pos JJP has to use

I actually thought it was a DI magnet wear at first

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Had trouble getting 6k for my one owner very modded twd premium....

Get used to it BigD. Nobody cares about premium or mods sorry, had to go there

Wait until you try and sell your TH or I mean DI

Or the old classics. Remakes have tanked the oldies

Disagree, magnets much better now

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So far used dile have been selling well but it dont matter bc its our favorite pin so its not going anywhere. However i will be buying a huo rrwoz and thle for a great discount lol.

Well good for you. Woz is a great pin, won't sell mine either. Worth At least $6500 lol

And no DI isn't selling well compared to POTC, not even close. But if u like it, that's all that matters

Hmmm, adding a TH too, wow gl

#913 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also mods do matter to some .... im getting a premium for my mm, ss and sm bc they have tons of great upgrades/mods.

You are selling those now? What does getting a premium mean in today's market?

Not what it got yesterday

Smart move selling those pins, especially SS before next Elvira pin comes out

#919 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

It is funny reading the banter after all its only pinball and its always fun. Except for BM66, calling it a polished turd is too complimentary, it downright sucks

Well, you'd know one when you see it i guess with your collection, so I defer to the turd expert.

#951 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

That's easy. JJP said we are going to make a premium game and raise the prices to reflect that. We will let Stern have their pro's because that not the market we are looking for.
Stern was watching and said we are going to raise our prices to match and since we are #1 our customers ain't going nowhere. We can cut corners and take out stuff and if we have a theme people want they will buy it anyway. Matter of fact let's put out a crazy expensive game and test the edge to find out how far we can go. If no one buys it we can just call it a super duper limited and say that was our plan. If it does sell we can just increase the number we announced we were going to produce and cash in. (bm66)

Yep, and I think the proverbial shit is about to hit the fan for Stern

I don't care what GOTG looks like, the Stern LE market just took a cannon shot from the Black Pearl and is gonna sink

Can't imagine distros are gonna lap those LEs up this time

#995 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What's the pinside over/under on iceman being a GOTG LE buyer?

I would have put it at even money until I got my roof replacement cost on coast house

$35k and that’s my roofer client discount! Very minimal damage but a good time to replace after the hurricane. Now we need the 50 yr no rust aluminum roof

So ain’t happening, probably

#998 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Are we talking sober iceman or drunk iceman?

Drunk Iceman has made some VERY poor Pinball decisions in the past. Not this time

Dumbest thing i ever did was to send Jpop $1500 on an AIW deposit just to support “great Pinball” after arguing on here as to when I was going to get my Raza

Got my TBL $$ back thx to Phil who bailed out after expo

Actually it’s been a great ride, a little bumpy, but how can you not love this hobby!

#1048 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I started playing pinball in the 70's, I own 2 older games right now and have owned other older games in the past. I have friends with older games as well so I have played most of the games that are out there.
When I first got into owning my own machines, I wanted only the games that I grew up playing. I met people in the hobby that owned all of the newer Stern ganes and started playing them and I just like them better now. I still like the older games but I just don't think they are as fun as today's games.

No need to take shit from a guy that loves TH, especially RH

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I actually play games & understand them. Most people here understand and respect my opinions and knowledge of games...even if they disagree with me, they get where I'm coming from & know I'm coming from a place of experience.

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I agree. I get tired of the bickering. I love JJP's machines, and I love Stern's machines. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm not a fan of Hobbit or a few of the Stern titles, but I can always find the good in every game. Even if I had a Shaq Attack as my only game, it's still better than the games I had five years ago. It's pinball and I love pinball. Give me an old Gottlieb or a wood rail and I can still have fun with it. Guess I'm pretty f**ked up, eh? This nitpicking is exhausting.

No you are right on Boobs. Simple as that. There is NO RIGHT OR WRONG

Some people act like they F ing know it all as if their opinion counts more than anyone’s else’s

The only opinion that matters is yours.

You love what you love, why worry about who thinks what, especially some of these pompous a holes. A lot of great dudes on here too

#1127 6 years ago

Hahah....I stipulate right now that my opinion DOES NOT matter one F ing iota. How about that one?

Nor do i take myself too seriously like some around here

#1154 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I've always loved the Fall out games but this one is ridiculous. Damn Who-Dey we are so Macho, my machismo flows all over the place, how are you managing ur machismo these days? its not easy that's for sure, especially on the oh so manly website, any help is appreciated.

I figured you guys for Vegan, tree hugging snowflakes? No?

10 min left on my BM66 download......

#1195 6 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

If Stern had a customer support team in place that had the power to solve problems correctly and (in a timely manner), I suspect pinside would have a 30% reduction in wasted bandwidth. I'm a Stern supporter, but even I'll admit sometimes they are their own worst enemy.

They do have an excellent service crew in place. It’s your distro and Chas direct from Stern

I’ve only had one pin that needed service, BM66, at it was excellent, just like JJP

Now production issues like ghosting etc that’s different

And why would you even want to talk to Gary? Chas is the man, pick up the phone

Btw, the Hobbit blows

#1198 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have a decent collection, and I would say that TH Smaug is the most played by the kids, and adults....I think its incredibly well done, and very entertaining. BM66 is a decent game, but come on u can't deny its been a huge disappointment....

BM66 just had a code drop. I think it will be great when done by Lyman in December, stay tuned

TH blows comment is for my buddy Rare, the pin whisperer, and of course no Game really blows

How do you rate AFMLE?

#1202 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I like it, but not in love with it like most people....the new color screen is a big upgrade over the original....kids don't really care for it....believe or not they only play TH, Met, SW, and ACDC...

My kids don’t play any of them anymore. All girls though. NBAFB was their favorite!

Excellent lineup

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The funny thing is they know how to change the call outs to the "adult" mode (their 8), and laugh every time a bad word is called out....its by far my little girls favorite....she's loves blowing up sparky....the boys are more AC/DC fans like their Dad....

Yep, mine played when they were younger too. Enjoy it while you can, teenagers find other stuff to do

#1215 6 years ago

I want one of those pitch and bats too

JG is right though. 4x vs. say a 92 Williams with card dispenser.

2 player fun. Had some great times on those

#1286 6 years ago

If I'm any indicator at all then I doubt we will all be hopping back on the Stern love train, not with the "LE trap"

My first LE, a LOTRLE for $5200

Next Stern was an Ac/dc premium for I think around $6200 at the time? Reasonable

Then came TWDLE, had to have it because of the theme AND, you guys remember this one, Stern said they weren't going to make a premium version of TWD, collected the $$$ for the LE's and then changed their minds.

That LE was $7599 I think?

Now here come GBLE, had to have it, love the colors, theme, etc.....$7,999

Next up, I'm thinking it better be a F ing home run for me to buy another LE. And they slipped in BM66! I paid $9599 for that one.

At this point, things are out of control, kind of like "on tilt" when you are gambling. ASLE was a huge surprise, love it, $8299

And then again, here comes SWLE, wtf am I doing? $8499. Notice a trend here?

Backed off that one thinking alright, GOTG should be really good and then there is AFMLE and POTCE.

So now I'm really F ed. I'm in on the latter two, awaiting delivery.

Here we are today, GOTG looks like a home run from everything we hear. BUT, as much as I want it, its just not gonna happen unless I get it a year or two later like I did with Ac/dc when it was finished.

What will the LE price be? $8699. Premium? $7499? SHIT HAS GOTTEN WAY WHACK. OUT OF CONTROL!

Got to be picky, picky, so no Nibby, Nibby this time.

Patience baby, its a virtue they say

2 weeks later
#1473 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

He said "The sound quality of the Spike system really is excellent. but it doesn't sound noticeably better than the previous SAM system" so that's more of an opinion, and nothing wrong with it. Honestly I think SAM sounds great (Tron and Metallica for example) and I also don't notice a huge improvement with the Spike stereo sound.
I don't see any errors in his statements other than you disagree that the Spike system doesn't sound noticeably better. Spike does have better sound, but as far as hearing the difference? I can't hear much of a difference.

I have both and I think Spike stereo is a huge improvement on my ASLE and BM66LE

Not even sure why it’s an issue. Any system that provides for the LCD is better

#1522 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well right now if you say anything positive about a Stern game or call someone on their bullshit regarding Stern quality or code etc. then you are a fanboy, there is only one kind of fanboy on this site and thats a JJP fanboy. That company in their eyes can do no wrong and when they do its excused or you get the "call so and so he'll fix ya up" crap. Its highly entertaining to read those threads and then see the same guys out for blood in a Stern thread, "build quality"

The Circle of Life Hazoff. Give it time. More volume of pins, more issues and JJP will develop its share of hate with this crowd.

And i'm getting a POTC, i just don't give a shit what anybody else thinks or says.

It's funny how quickly the hate has turned into a lovefest with GOTG. Of course the hater brigade, which might be a little less in ranks this time, will eventually rear its ugly head.

I'd rather be a "fanboy" like Who Dey all day long, he's passionate about pinball and loves to talk about it. So what. It's better than the Debbie Downer DB crowd non stop. MUCH better.

#1533 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Being passionate to me means using your ears as much as your mouth

Excellent point. Who Dey is a good dude. Have had many positive PM discussions about games.

Quoted from snaroff:

Both companies build products I love (most recently, DILE & SWLE).
One point that's hard to dispute is Stern builds their products with a calculator and JJP doesn't.

No doubt. Good to see Cali hasn't changed you Snaroff!

I'd say that both build games with the calculator. The fixed overhead with Stern is huge, if they don't factor in costs they go out of business fast.

You can't really compare a SWLE (or any Stern LE) and a DILE or POTCLE. Compare the JJP LE to the Stern premium, $9500 plus shipping versus $7200 shipped premium. A JJP LE is really "limited" either.

I agree, the Stern LE model is BROKEN

#1534 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I've owned every JJP game, you are just perceiving something that isn't always real. JJP makes nice games, but heavier does not = higher standard.

Really is true. I have a beautiful direct print Woz cab. The weight of the cab is meaningless! It just makes it a bit more difficult to move around

And people can say what they want, the PF's are just another slab of wood. Aside from the GB debacle, my Stern PF's are fantastic.

I'm happy with my Woz and looking forward to getting a POTC, in my mind, the differences are minor though, its just pinball. Just my opinion though.

#1542 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Agreed. I've been more of a Premium guy...never "got" the Stern LE model. The only reason I have SWLE is I picked it up from a local collector for very close to the price of a Premium.
The AFMr LE model is very collector friendly...motivated me pulling the trigger on one a few days ago. The topper is sick and worth the price of admission.
I still need to push back on equating JJP and Stern in terms of both building game with a calculator. Everything is relative, and Stern is clearly more aggressive when it comes to BOM costs. Sure, they have more overhead, but they also have more buying power with their suppliers! JJP is clearly giving people much more for their money. The trick for both is providing a game that's fun. Despite SWLE's starkness, it's still a blast to play (and will likely get better as they approach v1.0 code).
snaroff

I’ve got AFMRLE coming next week too!

Agree about that topper.

I’m anxious to see what I get for my POTCCE, been awhile since Woz for me

#1547 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Which I'm doing...fact. My last 3 NIB games are not Stern.
Though nothing to do with Spike. The reset issues are annoying but nothing more. They'll sort it out eventually.
My last 3 games have been non Stern because I'm sick of the code waiting game and other games are just better games than what Stern have been producing.
Competition is great for customers and great for pinball as a whole.

Could it be the power surges or inconsistency that's causing the resets?

It's weird because I literally have never had a game reset one time on any of my pins, Stern or otherwise. I'm sure its due to Spike being more finicky and sensitive to such things? Whatever it is, like JJP originally with those boards they'll sort it out.

I think GOTG looks fantastic all the way around and I passed on SW thinking I'd go with GOTG.

I ended up sticking with AFMRLE, get it Wednesday, and POTC next yr.

I'll sit on the sidelines and wait and see how this one turns out code wise. The other thing is its hard to enjoy too many pins! I'll be playing BM66 for the foreseeable future based on how its shaping up with the code. Lyman is great!

#1577 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

If there is a corner which can be cut, Stern will find it.

They must be cutting corners on a selective basis then?

My ASLE PF is as good as any I've owned. My GBLE PF dimples a whole lot more, hard to tell if its like that SW pic above because sometimes it can look better or worse with pics versus in person. Especially when you put the magnifying glass to it.

Since Gary said they could "put a box of blinking lights on SW and sell........" maybe they are using the older crap PF's for some of that SW run?

#1625 6 years ago

Whoa Ladies!

Simmer on a down a notch or two

Put your big boy panties on and quit stressing out about a couple of dimple craters

When someone can prove to me that it affects how the balls rolls or my enjoyment of the pin THEN and only THEN will I go into panic mode like you ladies

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.