69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I know it would never happen, but Stern's absolute best counter to JJP's reveal would be to announce a price DROP.

Price drop on "ghosting is normal" games..... I'm still out. Price drop on games with unfinished code.....I'm still out.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What amazes me is when pinsiders especially the JJP fan boys bring up "BOM" and "Build Quality" all that crap, now the standard JJP is 8500 thats almost 3500 more than a Stern pro, can anyone honestly tell me they see 3500 more in value between the two? I certainly don't.

JJP - Pirates SE MSRP $8500
27 stand up targets
22 characters to play from
6 diverters
5 flippers
4 speakers
4 pop bumpers
3 slignshots
3 spinners
2 magnets
2 ramps
2 subways (1 of which as 5 entrances)
1 variable speed rocking Mini-playfield with lighted lantern effects
1 canon
1 British ship to sink
1 interactive chest lock mech
1 sub
1Spinning map mech
1 lcd screen on apron
127" LCD screen
1 Tilt Warning lights (cool feature)
1 Malestrom Hole to subway
1 Bayou hidden hole under flipper
1 Save drain on right near plunger
x rollover inserts

SW LE (just because comparing the pro would not even be fair) MSRP $8999
9 stand up targets
5 bank drop target
4 characters to play from
3 pop bumpers
3 translites
2 speakers
2 flippers
2 slingshots
2 ramps
1 diverter
1 save drain ball near plunger
1 sub
1 fork lift ramp
1 hyperloop
1 Interactive Death star
1 Tie Fighter
1 LCD screen on playfield
1 20" LCD screen (i might be wrong)

SW Pro (just for fun) MSRP$6199
9 stand up targets
5 bank drop target
4 characters to play from
3 pop bumpers
2 flippers
2 slingshots
2 ramps
2 speakers
1 Death Star
1 Interactive Tie Fighter
1 LCD screen on playfield
1 20" LCD screen (i might be wrong)
1 sub

I'm not a JJP fanboy but it doesn't take long to realize the quality of the JJP mech compared to Stern SW (ie. one vairable speed rocking mini-playfield isn't exactly the same in value as 1 tie fighter on a stick).

I combined the features on TWD and Mustang and got somewhere close to JJP SE.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That doesn't answer my question, do you see 3500 of value from SW pro to the POTC standard model? I mean don't get me wrong I don't personally care, buy what ever makes you happy. I'm not buying the LE from Stern anymore, and the Pre would have to have some major upgrades to get my money over the pro.

I see it in everything thing this machine has compared to a Stern right now. The lighting is awesome, the toys are a lot more intricate but most of all the code in the game seems deep already and they are only 20% done. Since I don't have a lot of room, I've been waiting for a game that speaks to me on all levels. I was hoping that game was SW but it didn't pan out. This definitely caught my attention. Yes it's very expensive but I can definitely trade 2 sterns for this. I'm not out of pocket and I feel like I've actually got a better game / product "however you want to call it".

I'm happy with my decision. Whatever floats our boats I guess

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Seven pages of a possibly controversial "stern" subject and not one thread eject. I'm impressed.

What im really in awe with are the thumbs up in the very first post. Its practically unanimous.

1 week later
#969 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What's the pinside over/under on iceman being a GOTG LE buyer?

um 2 months ago I would have said that Iceman was 70% likely to get / 30% like not to. But now those numbers might have actually flipped. Only time will tell

#1075 6 years ago

Well more people going to the competition might actually be enough of a "reality dose" for them to do something. I jumped ship this week by getting a JJP game. Pirates will be released in first quarter which in turn will let me put up two Stern games up for sale and I will reserve a spot for Toy Story for the end of 2018. Stern has the opportunity with GOTG to snag my business back but I'll take this release with a grain of salt. I will wait a while before coming back to Stern to see if they have addressed what they need to gain my confidence back. Short of that, I see alot of JJP stuff entering my small collection and seeing more Sterns leaving.

#1078 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Some of you people are pretty ridiculous. Stern had a decal issue a couple of years ago and it seemed like Met pro and WrestleMania were the main ones affected. So are you folks claiming these are new production games with this issue or just posting old crap to be dramatic? There were some wrinkle issues with KISS also. Haven't seen that issue since then so they obviously cared enough to fix it. I had a met pro that peeled a little. I just glued the decals back on and kept playing it. Would I have preferred it not happen, sure, was it a big deal, nope.
As for the claims that the games will not hold up you have zero idea what they will look like in 15 years and you are just making up shit to be dramatic. Maybe they won't hold up as good, maybe they hold up better, maybe it's about the same. You do not know and neither do I. Simple fact is if you don't like the games or the company then just don't buy them. But your thinking that a JJP game is going to hold up any better is a very flawed point of view.

Completely agree on the decal issue = addressed.
Code seems to be better now than 2015
Ghosting = still a problem
Node boards = still a problem
Cab splitting = not sure

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

No it isn't.
Their cabinets are immensely more solid. Their latest board revisions for WOZ & Hobbit (and all DIs) seem to be very reliable. They publish all their schematics for both boards and mechs, of all revisions. They use much higher quality decals. Playfields are much higher quality.
How could they possibly not both hold up much better and be much easier to service? Spike and Spike 2 will be a nightmare.

JJP's manual for DI blew my mind. It's not a photocopy that as been pdf'ed. Extremely detailed and the manual get's updated when they do changes.

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This nitpicking is exhausting.

Feels like your in class all over again......or monitoring detention...pending from which angle you look at it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern?tu=flashinstinct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.