69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sure. But what if it happened tomorrow? Where would that leave those with their year old $15,000 Batman 66 Super LES? And everybody else that bought a BM66.

If Stern went out of business tomorrow...then there would be 2-4 (from all companies) new titles a year with 1500-2000/year total machines being made for us all...that alone would price almost all of us out of NIB (including those who route machines)...supply and demand.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

They did make make an amazing SW game, maybe not to you but have u played it? with the latest code and the inclusion of both a video mode and the light saber duel it feels basically complete, I don't know what the final mode is if you finish all 4 characters if there is one but otherwise Face the Emperor is very cool. Boba fett mode with a strobe, light saber mode which is very cool, different call outs and clips for different characters, many multis all stackable and 4 mini wizards as well, ok its doesn't have a upper mini playfield which I don't like anyway, and its not loaded with alot of childish toys which I also dislike but when you have lets say 2 mini wizard multi's going then add a Tie fighter multi, maybe a hyper space multi all while trying to move the shot multiplier for maximum points its a rush, great audio and call outs not too mention the lighting effects, what the hell r u talking about?

I think beatmaster had this preconceived idea of what Star Wars should be and is disappointed...like many others (force magnets, tons of toys to slow it down, and having Luke levitate the game when being trained by Yoda). But, I think Stern nailed it...total adrenaline rush and blazing fast! You need to play this game many times to really understand it, but I can see the casual player on-site have a blast with it.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

guys i'm not saying the game is bad, what i'm saying is it's the greatest theme of all time, it could have been a lot better, it is one of the most striped down game from stern. why not give that game what it really deserve. 8.5k (here) for a pro, gimmes fuckin'break.

"The greatest theme of all time"...I agree, but there's the problem. Once you put something on that high of a pedestal, it will inevitably fail in the beholders mind...after all, it must lead to "the greatest pinball of all time...for 5k. (Otherwise it's too expensive...and another disappointment). Not slamming anyone, just pointing to the conundrum.

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

JJP - Pirates SE MSRP $8500
27 stand up targets
22 characters to play from
6 diverters
5 flippers
4 speakers
4 pop bumpers
3 slignshots
3 spinners
2 magnets
2 ramps
2 subways (1 of which as 5 entrances)
1 variable speed rocking Mini-playfield with lighted lantern effects
1 canon
1 British ship to sink
1 interactive chest lock mech
1 sub
1Spinning map mech
1 lcd screen on apron
127" LCD screen
1 Tilt Warning lights (cool feature)
1 Malestrom Hole to subway
1 Bayou hidden hole under flipper
1 Save drain on right near plunger
x rollover inserts
SW LE (just because comparing the pro would not even be fair) MSRP $8999
9 stand up targets
5 bank drop target
4 characters to play from
3 pop bumpers
3 translites
2 speakers
2 flippers
2 slingshots
2 ramps
1 diverter
1 save drain ball near plunger
1 sub
1 fork lift ramp
1 hyperloop
1 Interactive Death star
1 Tie Fighter
1 LCD screen on playfield
1 20" LCD screen (i might be wrong)
SW Pro (just for fun) MSRP$6199
9 stand up targets
5 bank drop target
4 characters to play from
3 pop bumpers
2 flippers
2 slingshots
2 ramps
2 speakers
1 Death Star
1 Interactive Tie Fighter
1 LCD screen on playfield
1 20" LCD screen (i might be wrong)
1 sub
I'm not a JJP fanboy but it doesn't take long to realize the quality of the JJP mech compared to Stern SW (ie. one vairable speed rocking mini-playfield isn't exactly the same in value as 1 tie fighter on a stick).
I combined the features on TWD and Mustang and got somewhere close to JJP SE.

The amount of features JJP Pirates SE vs SW Pro/Premium/LE is no comparison...not taking into count cost. But down the road, every feature is a potential problem...which is a big concern for me...that many more features, that many more potential headaches, that much more potential costs to fix. (And this doesn't take into account game play at all)...to a true pinball player...is everything. Again, I'm not siding with either on game play, just the features listed.

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Have I got a game for you then.

Ha! No features...but I said nothing of game play

1 month later
#1467 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So you’re ok if Stern now says in the manual that insert ghosting may be normal?

Personally, I am. That’s a legal thing to stop people from demanding perfection (this is Pinball and complicated mechanical items like this will always have minor imperfections). The other reason I am comfortable with this is I had ghosting with my Met Pro. I notified Stern when it started and again a year later as an update. They then replaced my playfield at their expense. Legally, they weren’t obligated to replace this, but still stood behind it. I’ve read many times on pinside when Stern has stood behind things they didn’t need to. Yes, there have been problems, and they’ve been called out for these problems and taken steps to correct them. If you, personally aren’t comfortable with this...don’t buy Stern...it’s very simple.

#1471 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

My other mechanical items, in the same price range, either have no imperfections or imperfections which would require a powerful loupe to view them. (wristwatch, stereo equipment, appliances)

Well, then Stern (or any other pinball...as I've never seen a "perfect" one from any company) isn't for you...again...very simple.

1 week later
#1594 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

First of all that camera is magnifying those dimples and making them look a little worse than what they actually are, and that playfield will in fact look better the more it is played. I know this because my TWD and GOT both looked really bad like that and now they have around 1700 plays on them and they look pretty damn good. I don’t know if they will ever smooth out totally or not but I have a feeling that they might. Even if they don’t it’s not a big deal because my playfields look gorgeous right now the way that they are. When the playfields are new they look really bad for awhile I will admit but they absolutely start looking better with a bunch of plays on them.

I agree. I have never had a ball deviate from divots, but have had them deviate with Mylar I have placed to protect certain areas of the playfield. Divots are so over rated. Get over it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 19.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.99
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern?tu=dnapac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.