1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,860 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2017-11-21-10-33-21 (resized).png
IMG_3481 (resized).JPG
b1ced76e_blacknikeoneblack (resized).jpeg
20171118_230457 (resized).jpg
20171118_231923 (resized).jpg
FBA57E2D-558E-4FC2-A159-FEAECE1C08C6 (resized).png
H5OUkNR.gif
12362080_1107684859253730_2031685482_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

A little more food for thought.
If it should ever happen that this company does reap what it's sowing and go out of business, then you can almost bet any games that would be made during the last couple years of existence may never and probably will never be finished code wise.

And just think about all of those node boards that may get very hard to replace

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from spinal:

Stern is not going out of business as they have 90+% of the market share today.

The bigger a company is the higher their cash burn and overheads are. If there are good cash reserves they can ride out any hiccups but if there are not things can go bad fast. Stern would have lost a fair bit on the GB playfield replacement costs and if there sales have been a bit lower than forecast (not to say low) that could add to the pressure. But, it is a balance sheet question in the end so no one but the accountants and owners really know where they are at and how much pressure they are or are not under.

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Your Source on these sale figures is?

He is pulling them out of his ass.

1 week later
#881 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Most people that say BM66 sucks haven’t played it. It’s definitely an easy game to shit on though because of how Stern rolled it out and I won’t deny that for one second. The pricing was BS, no Pro model was BS, and releasing it with basically no code was BS. That was all really bad IMO but this game will get better I think and when I got the chance to play one finally I actually liked it and had fun playing it, it shoots very well and is a beautiful game. I do understand the hate for it though and Stern deserves to be slammed over it because it was them that made BM66 an epic fail, not the game itself because it’s a good game IMO.
There are three games that they really lost out on. They lost out on GB big time because of the ghosting playfields. That game would have been a mega seller had that not happened. They lost out on BM66 because of the way they priced it and released it before it should have been and no Pro model. They also missed out on mega sales from Star Wars because they didn’t put enough thought into the game. It would have been amazing what a differences few toys and stuff on the playfield would have made. The game itself is not a bad game at all, but people just wanted more out of it. Guardians of the galaxy is going to be a good chance for them to redeem themselves and I think that they will do just that.

You have a lot of confidence in Stern and I hope it is not misplaced. It is going to take a while for me to get confidence back in them and I can't personally see buying anything from them until I am confident quality, code and node boards are sorted. Words are not enough from me I want sustained actions that give me confidence they got their shit together. Oh yeah and it needs to be a fun game too I'm out for a while from Stern. I have a DI arriving tomorrow though so that will be fun

#1063 1 year ago

I don't understand how this thread (and others) can exist with these pictures and stern says nothing.

4 weeks later
#1623 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

He's been Stern's chief shill, apologist and BS'er on these forums for well over a year now.

I just hope he is paid for it and doesn't really believe everything he says.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hauppauge, NY
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roseville, CA
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 179.99
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 28.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside