69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Your Source on these sale figures is?

Yea pretty sure they are up to over 1000 le sold ....

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Why would they want to do that?
They can't make enough of the $8500 ones now.
If they made twice the amount of machines at $7500, by the time they employed twice as many staff to make them, and increased the size of the building, and bought all the plant, they'd actually make less money than maintaining the status quo.
More turnover doesn't necessarily mean more profit.
(AKA: I made more money from one furniture store than I did from 4).
rd

This is true... i mow 50 properties by myself at the moment.... when i think of expanding with bigger / more equipment and having a few employees it just dont add up. I wld actually make much less money and have many more headaches and no free time. Just not worth it sometimes.

#484 6 years ago

Still filling preorders with di i believe?

#570 6 years ago

The new potc looks great with lots of cool features..... but isnt anyone worried about the over use of the upper playfield? Every right ramp shot goes up there and theres a vuk or something that shoots it up there from behind also. Most people bitched about g.o.t and its upper playfield use and this game dont even have a diverter(like got) and has a back way in? Crazy how this isnt mentioned but got gets crucified for this?

#573 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No worries for me. Much like AS entrance to the upper PF but better, elevator in back takes the ball up that way as well.

Theres a diverter on as so it skips the playfield alot.... not on potc tho as it goes up there every time from multiple areas.

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe this isn't seen as a "flow game" *little bit of puke came up typing that * so that doesn't matter as much?
Ive wondered if it's fsnishioned more like an older cool upper PF but no idea.
I also don't see a ton of people complaining about having to press an action button like SW but I haven't read all the posts here

I think once the hype /excitement wear off people will start to realize some things .....

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No way. This is the pinnacle of pinballery and thinking diff'rent shows your true self *insert body snatches pic*

It's crazy why some things get passes and others dont..... people on here dont know what they want and just follow the leader lol.

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yes - I was thinking it would be better with a MM style diverter - but havent played it obviously so cant really say for sure.

Yep totally agree ....that wld be perfect. Have to do a series of events to open up the upper playfield.

#727 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yup have to agree. People slam stern every minure of the day on here but you say one bad thing about spooky and they are all over you lol. Kinda funny how that works ain't it?

Yep i said something about the build quality /game play on amh, jetsons, dominos and rz a while back when i went to look to buy one..... i wont do that again lol.... tons of pm's and bad mouthing for a week lol. But yet its common and ok to do it to stern and jjp?

#733 6 years ago

Gotg has been in development for a while.... so even after the potc reveal it will still be a cookie cutter layout with as little as possible on the playfield.... unless they delay it and redo things. Which we know that wont happen lol...

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Ha ha. Hopefully we will get a good Stern Pro value player. Man Borg games are so good.

Guess will see but i havent liked the direction things have been going..... i hope the pro is good bc i need to stop spending 8-9k on pins lol

#867 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They don't "re sell". See market. As for the LE, there are only 200, but i assume you know that.
As we all know, every pin north of $8k is coming down in the secondary market, but good luck finding a BM66LE

Good news is no one is really looking for one .... lol. Sorry i had to.. You can get a premium nib if one really wants bat66 .... they are selling at a discount nib since it didnt sell real well.

#869 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here's a BM66 I saw over the weekend. They can't charge this much if they can't up their quality game. BM is the best acronym.

But i thought the new magnet design was a step above old style magnets according to some people ..... lol.

#907 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You’re probably proving my point. If IM ratings started today, for the first time, I’ll bet it would be ranked a lot higher, but the poison pill had already been digested before people finally figured out how rad IM is.
TWDs rating level was ordained when it shipped with crappy code and non- show (and random redneck) call outs. It could be the best game evah(!) and never crack top 10 at this point. Are TWDs selling for a premium on secondary market?
BM may suffer a similar fate, regardless of the Lyman factor.
Full disclosure, BM66 was my favorite game at Allentown, and I played them all. But there is a decent chance no one even notices - except hard core players - once the code is finally complete.

Had trouble getting 6k for my one owner very modded twd premium....

#908 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's not new. On location and that huge magnet is great compared to the pos JJP has to use
I actually thought it was a DI magnet wear at first

Same magnets /cores have been used forever and are just fine...... great that stern tried to change things but it wasnt needed imo....

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Get used to it BigD. Nobody cares about premium or mods sorry, had to go there
Wait until you try and sell your TH or I mean DI

So far used dile have been selling well but it dont matter bc its our favorite pin so its not going anywhere. However i will be buying a huo rrwoz and thle for a great discount lol.

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Get used to it BigD. Nobody cares about premium or mods sorry, had to go there
Wait until you try and sell your TH or I mean DI

Also mods do matter to some .... im getting a premium for my mm, ss and sm bc they have tons of great upgrades/mods.

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Some mods out there are awesome, but if you're expecting to get the money back for them then that typically doesn't happen.
When i buy a modded title I may take the cost of the mods into the price to a small degree but never the full amount. Not a chance.

Yep color dmd, pdi glass and chrome / powdercoat usually get a nice return in my experience

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.