69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

The excuses are irrelevant. The bottom line is the enthusiast community no longer has any faith that Stern titles will ever get finished, and as a result are becoming increasingly more hesitant to buy them.
And instead of reassuring the community, Stern's response is that pinball enthusiasts are unimportant to them.

Couldn't agree more. It does bother me when Stern people are posed with questions that are generated by the Pinside community and Stern just responds with something along the lines of "oh, they are like less than 5% of our total market"...it makes me want to say (1) I think that's not true and we are a higher percentage, and (2) so what, that's still 5% of your customer base, do they not matter?

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

So we're cool with Photoshop art on play fields again?

Photoshop is not a bad thing when done well. Everyone loves lines and lines of hand drawn art work, but good photoshop work isn't a terrible thing to look at.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from xRose_of_Aragonx:

For the attention of anyone that may be mistaken, this issue has been resolved with moderators based on false accusations and my account reverified. If there are questions, you may ask directly. Please stop referring to me as someone I am not.
Moderators please step in and resolve this matter as you promised for public clarification. This is not motivational for new members.

This is correct. Everyone is instructed to leave this issue be and stop making public accusations. If you feel you have insite you can give it to us in a mod feedback thread but no more discussion on this issue publically at all. Thanks.

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

There are quite a few distributors of Stern product that the ones we hobbyist/collectors deal with. Shaffer or Betson alone probably buy more of one machine model than all of the hobbyist/collector distributors combined

Fair enough, but where are they putting them? I live in an MSA of about 200,000 people or so. There is one (1) modern Stern on rout in my entire MSA, a TRS pro. There are two other routed machines in my MSA, a South Park and a RCT.

Yet in my MSA there are about 40 or so modern Srerns in homes and game rooms that I know of. That's about a 40-1 ratio where I live. Where are all the routed Sterns, if they are out there?

#409 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m not perplexed by it. Do the math, it’s a lie. It may be true overseas, but around me I see games go into houses, and very few go onto location

Let's not toss the "lie" word around just yet. Perhaps the operator buyers are just creating an artificial scarcity and are stashing them away in mass to one day flood the market.

IMG_5772 (resized).JPGIMG_5772 (resized).JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#1246 6 years ago

Hey guys, take any bickering or back and forth to pm please. Thanks.

#1270 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I stopped buying LE's after TWDLE, I felt let down by what they delivered for that kind of money, you know who I blame for that? me.

I was disappointed in my TWD LE when it arrived as well. Stern advertised it as having a real backglass...of course it ended up being a translight with mirrored ink on it. In the end, I've been very happy with the game, but Stern needs to stop over promising and under delivering on their games.

Stern needs to knock a game out of the park and really turn some heads.

#1287 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Patience baby, its a virtue they say

After your track record you listed above I think Gary may properly believe you’ll buy whatever he tosses at you!!! Ha!

Gosh, I wish I wouldn’t have missed out on LOTRs LE for $5,200 NIB. I’m jealous.

#1401 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

How many machines do you think Stern are going to produce this year, that that would be beyond the realms of possibility, i.e. "hilarious"? Do you really think they'll make 10,000 machines this year, or close to it? As previously stated, it seems very unlikely that they sell more machines than last year. Supposedly they weren't even close to capacity in 2016. Capacity at the new facility was supposed to be 11-12k a year.

Let's not forget it isn't just the new releases that count. Stern is still running Metallica, GoT, TWD and ACDC. Heck, didn't they do a run of ST early this year too?

I have no idea of the numbers, but it's a safe bet Stern has sold far more machines than its competitors combined this year.

8 months later
#1832 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

including the first C&D I ever saw in this hobby coming from Jack to a member of this forum

No kidding? Wow! If you can say, was it for posts he or she was making here?

#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Dude, you were here back then. Maybe pretty new, but you were around. You know who it was. Some posts here, some on the rec. Jack’s lawyer quoted the silliest stuff I have ever seen in a letter from an attorney. I have it still. I thought you had seen it

Ah, yes, I remember that one well. A different era for sure. I thought you meant one recently regarding someone making more recent complaints.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.