69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My cutoff price for a bean and cheese burrito is about $2, but sometimes I splurge and get a fully loaded burrito for more than $5.

And that's the difference, you are getting more burrito for 5 bucks, so the value is there. What are you getting for an extra 1000 bucks, on the same game? Would you spend 5 bucks on a bean and cheese burrito, even if your cutoff it 2?

#389 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I will spend over $4 for a bean cheese rice and salsa burrito from Las Golondrinas because it's epic and worth every penny.

Earlier, it was a bean and cheese burrito(Stern Pro) but now its a bean, cheese, rice and salsa burrito(Stern Pre). So still not the same $2 bean and cheese burrito. Would you spend another $2 on a burrito that was the same as a Pre, but came in a different wrapper(Stern LE).

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Why go back to Sam and deal with a year waiting for a color dmd? Pick your poison. I’d like to think at some point the growing pains will be over.

How many games represents growing pains?

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Only because I know the good people at Stern read these threads:
I am new in the hobby, and my first and last NIB was Met pro at about $4,500. Prices above this mark are too high for me and I'll be exploring used titles for the foreseeable future. Consider this a +1 in how many people stopped buying after the recent price hikes.

I previously would have been a first minute buyer of the oft rumored Iron Maiden, but the dizzying combination of price hikes, lack of quality control and a many games seemingly abandoned code wise has made me rethink it. I'll just wait until it (Or any other interesting game) comes on the secondary market and is complete.

So Stern, if you are reading this, $8500 is going to someone else.

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I read all of these posts and I can't decide if Stern is out of touch with the collecting community, or if the collecting community is out of touch with Stern. I actually think its the latter.
People have been stomping their feet about originality, build quality, code, etc for years. Not much has changed (despite Gomez giving some lip service about Stern's transition to a collector's market). There's likely a good reason why: they don't need to. They are serving their company goals as is.
The reality is this: Pinside represents a sliver of the pinball playing public and only a small percentage of folks that are likely to buy these games. We can complain and shame Stern all we want. It doesn't matter.
If you want to make a difference, shoot Stern an email, and then hold off on buying anything until you are 100% comfortable with a title's build quality and state of code. It's really that simple.

While we may be a small sliver of the pin buying Community, it doesnt mean we are the only people who are concerned with the myriad of issues with Stern's pins.

So it's the former, Stern is out of touch with the pin community.

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

actually, i think earlier in the thread we debunked the "small sliver" myth. Pinside members are buying a significant percentage of new Stern games. What percentage exactly? we can only guess. But just glancing at the stats for Ghostbusters ... 900 Pinsiders have that game in their collection. That is more than a "small sliver" right there -- that's a big chunk. and it doesn't even include people who have their collections hidden.
edit: dangit shoulda refreshed. Aurich just said the same thing.

I probably should have said "may or may not be a small sliver" as I was jus quoting the guy who said it. Either way, those of us on pinside aren't the only ones who are concerned, maybe just the most vocal lol.

#702 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Real punk rockers have safety pins stuck thru their lips.

And don't live past their early 20's!!

#822 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I owned a Bosch for a short while as well. They use a "no heat" drying system that doesn't use a heating element that saves a lot on energy costs. I forget what they call their drying "system", but that's why they don't dry very well.
Sorry for the derail, please continue bashing whatever..

I don't have a fancy ass dishwasher, So when the cycle is done I simply open the door, pull the top rack out and over turn over any beer mugs that might have a little water in them. Then unload an hour later. I had no clue people actually expect a small puddle of water to be gone at the end of a cycle, but I also don't feel like spending $3000 on a friggin dishwasher.

#823 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

How about this, has anyone ever washed their underwear in their dishwasher?

I do wash four wheeler and car parts in mine lol.

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

I'm really beginning to feel left out because I don't have dishes.
I do have a plastic spork, if anybody would like to discuss that.

How many tines?

1 week later
#1178 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

this thread is such a joke

Yes, Stern quality is a joke!!

#1236 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm not stifling anyone, just asking that comments and discussion be posted in the appropriate threads.
This really shouldn't be a difficult concept for an intelligent person to understand.

We pay $10,000 for a toy. Who claims to be intelligent!!

#1240 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. It's pretty clear you and a few others can't handle an intelligent request or be civil and flat out do not understand the value of keeping threads (reasonably) on topic. You think this thread is stupid and yet continually come back despite repeated proclamations that you are done. The vast majority of people Don't like thread crapping. Just because they don't constantly post that they do is meaningless.
You just came back to help? I suspect anyone wanting your help will ask for it. . In the meantime, try and act like a reasonable adult and not an inconsiderate bully. Thanks.

You are taking this way to serious. As someone mentioned, There is really not much more that can be added, so it's natural it starts to drift. Not being a jerk, but you can drain it.

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

After your track record you listed above I think Gary may properly believe you’ll buy whatever he tosses at you!!! Ha!
Gosh, I wish I wouldn’t have missed out on LOTRs LE for $5,200 NIB. I’m jealous.

I read his thread, with all the escalating prices and NIBS in his house, then claims he has patience lol. He is exactly the customer Stern likes! Not saying its bad, but his record speaks for itself!

1 month later
#1685 3 years ago

My buddy has 30+ pins and we were both in on Iron Maiden LE. I was already wavering due to the myriad of issues and of course it's been delayed, to which he said "Good!" I was actually surprised at his response, as he can handle any repairs that are needed, but he isn't about to deal with split cabs and play field issues. Yea, I am sure 2 others will fill our spots, but to me, if he is wavering, that's a problem for Stern.

Doesn't help I played his Dialed In last night. That game is awesome.. But so was his TWDLE. Long story short, Stern just needs to get it's QA tightened up and quit going cheap and they will once again be a "No Second Thoughts" purchase.

#1689 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You were both in on Iron Maiden LE, a game that hasn't even been announced yet? Yeah that makes sense.

Well the distro we go through put us on their list in case it was released. Same thing we did for Metallica when it was just a rumor, that's how we ended up with 199 and 200. Point being, at this point it wouldn't matter how bad ass game would have been announced, it's a no go until Stern gets in shape.

2 months later
#1740 3 years ago

What happened, other than the video reveal thing?

4 weeks later
#1815 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I think your topic was relevant at the time. Lots of buzz and deposits on a huge game reveal in Stern's backyard.
Has it aged well, no, but it's JJP's delays and mismanagement that have dragged it down.
Bottom line: Don't reveal a game before you know you can make the game. CGC understands this.

This is true and the many relevant points brought up made me reconsider my IMDN LE position. They sure seem to be on the track to redemption, just wish they would have released an improved "everything" game before IMDN lol. I backed out of my spot a month ago because I was worried about Sterns direction..

3 years later
#1887 3 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Maybe they finally ran out of those damn washers.
Ridiculous

Someone in this forum said they did. Sad indeed.

#1964 3 months ago

Ok, how about someone take the high road and just stop posting?

Im actually not even sure what this thread is about though.. Maybe that is the point, no high road. Carry on!

#1968 3 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

.....and wipe them off with a diaper while they look at them from across the room.

Do diapers work?

#1973 3 months ago
Quoted from rai:

There are 2 R&M on location near me.
Also surprisingly 2 TBL on the same locations.

The R&M and TNA on location near me are always up and being played. Small sample size lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside